• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
Last night I dreamt I shared spaghetti with Bernie on the pier. We laughed together like lovers do and I felt happy for once. The sunset was tremendous and bathed the world in soft orange light.
-
RTSsZH.jpg

- a Huelen10 story
image.php

MSNBC is reporting that she gets the first question tomorrow night.
Ah, looking forward to it.

teiresias

I've got to absentee vote this cycle in VA and didn't realize it had started as last time I called my local registrar's office they didn't know when the ballots would be out. Looks like I'll go next Monday since I'm out of town for work this week.

I wonder if we'll know who gets to close out the debate. Want her to have the last word.
Keepin it 1600 said that the first 20 minutes of a debate matter more than anything else, even if the person who bombs the first 20 minutes comes back strong later.

Boke1879

Keepin it 1600 said that the first 20 minutes of a debate matter more than anything else, even if the person who bombs the first 20 minutes comes back strong later.

Pretty much. Most people tune in during the beginning and then taper off. With it being 90 minutes people will be flipping back and forth. Especially when football is on.

If anything happens later on people will hear about it from the news etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I still hold to the belief that these next two or so weeks is in the schedule from the start to be Trump's best. The first debate is the great equalizer, thanks to both the importance of expectations, and the optics of sharing the stage as equals.

Trump will look like a more serious candidate when he's sharing the stage with with clinton, and he can avoid questions and lie all he wants, and he'll still beat expectations as long as he doesn't do anything extremely offense.

I think that's starting to change. With the way social media is, and the way the 24 hour news cycle has turned out a nasty gaffe even in the last five minutes is going to live on facebook, twitter, youtube, and the cable news networks forever.

watershed

Banned
I still hold to the belief that these next two or so weeks is in the schedule from the start to be Trump's best. The first debate is the great equalizer, thanks to both the importance of expectations, and the optics of sharing the stage as equals.

Trump will look like a more serious candidate when he's sharing the stage with with clinton, and he can avoid questions and lie all he wants, and he'll still beat expectations as long as he doesn't do anything extremely offense.
If Trump acts like Trump and Hillary acts like Hillary and the moderator is halfway decent there should be some stunning contrasts that make Trump look as unqualified and hateful as he actually is.

Diablos

BUT HILLARY LIES TOO BECUZ OF THE EMAILS

anyway I like what I'm seeing from NC. Hope it keeps going. We could really use it as an insurance policy for losing a once reliable swing state, like NV and/or an unexpected catastrophic loss in a traditional stronghold like MI.

Or he will look out of his depth standing next to a real world leader. Come on. This guy is a clown show, and he will be wearing his red nose tomorrow. His thin skin cannot withstand anything.

It's pathetic how much better Fareed Zakaria GPS is than most other news shows. His guests today were: Petro Poroshenko, Aung San Suu Kyi and he had a segment on the structural challenges posed by globalisation and the reasons Anwar al-Awlaki's sermons are still a potent force for radicalization in the US. Meanwhile, on This Week, George interviewed Boris Johnson and talked about John Oliver.

He's one of the best on CNN.

User1608

Banned
Or he will look out of his depth standing next to a real world leader. Come on. This guy is a clown show, and he will be wearing his red nose tomorrow. His thin skin cannot withstand anything.
His reaction to Mark Cuban being invited to an audience at the debate showed us he's certainly very much so.

PBY

Banned
Pretty much. Most people tune in during the beginning and then taper off. With it being 90 minutes people will be flipping back and forth. Especially when football is on.

If anything happens later on people will hear about it from the news etc.

I think that's starting to change. With the way social media is, and the way the 24 hour news cycle has turned out a nasty gaffe even in the last five minutes is going to live on facebook, twitter, youtube, and the cable news networks forever.
I mean it has to be a significant gaffe. I agree that the first part is critical, then people get bored and tail off

HylianTom

Banned
I mean it has to be a significant gaffe. I agree that the first part is critical, then people get bored and tail off

One small hope I have in the back of my mind is that social media seizes on something that Trump does - even if it seems small at first - and makes it into something big. We saw a preview with Binders Fulla Women and Big Bird last time around; I hope libs have their photoshop programs ready to go tomorrow night.

123109_d.jpg

TI82

Banned
Well I'm back after a few months. Unnecessary ban but whatever, in the mean time I've been reflecting and unfortunately I feel I have to vote for Hillary. I can see her being a horrible president but those supreme Court nominees are important but the most important thing is we can't have 4 years of regressive trump policies.

So as much as it pains me to say it, I am voting Hillary this November.

Ecotic

I forget which debate it was, but I remember late in the primaries Trump came out for a debate with Cruz and Kasich and he was so subdued that he was dull and lifeless. Trump was running out the clock and didn't want to be there. I wonder if Trump could look like that tomorrow if he comes out with the intention of not looking like a maniac. People are left with an anticlimactic performance and wonder where his passion went. The narrative isn't "Trump isn't the caricature he's painted to be" and more "Trump didn't show up last night".

Dierce

Clinton has to force orange turd to contradict himself during the debate. Make him support something and then be against it during a different segment. Show the undecided what an idiot that conman shit fucker truly is.

anyway I like what I'm seeing from NC. Hope it keeps going. We could really use it as an insurance policy for losing a once reliable swing state, like NV and/or an unexpected catastrophic loss in a traditional stronghold like MI.
I bet we'd win NC, FL and NV if the election was today.

Lose OH, IA and ME-2 and all other Romney states.

Clinton's EV count would be 322.

Important to remember that Trump is under 40% in Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin polling aggregates.

royalan

]I forget which debate it was, but I remember late in the primaries Trump came out for a debate with Cruz and Kasich and he was so subdued that he was dull and lifeless.[/B] Trump was running out the clock and didn't want to be there. I wonder if Trump could look like that tomorrow if he comes out with the intention of not looking like a maniac. People are left with an anticlimactic performance and wonder where his passion went. The narrative isn't "Trump isn't the caricature he's painted to be" and more "Trump didn't show up last night".

Yep, I mentioned this yesterday: his debate pout.

His campaign called it looking presidential, but it was completely pathetic. Lips tight, staring straight ahead and breathing heavily through his nose. He looked like a child who'd just gotten scolded.

He got away with it because there were four other people on stage. If he does that tomorrow he'll look pathetic.

I bet we'd win NC, FL and NV if the election was today.

Lose OH, IA and ME-2 and all other Romney states.

Clinton's EV count would be 322.

Important to remember that Trump is under 40% in Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin polling aggregates.

Yeah, if the election was held today, definitely.

With PA/VA/NC there's no remotely traditional combination of swing states that puts Trump over the edge, and it would even neutralize a sphincter-clenching flip like WI.

NC loss is really really really super bad for Trump.

Blader

You know, everyone says this, but I really don't know how true it is.

It seems just so easy to shift the blame to Cheney when Bush is such a likable oaf.

I think when a lot of people say Cheney was in control, they're imagining Cheney whispering things into Bush's ear and then Bush just doing it. Obviously that wasn't the case. What did happen, though, was that when they were putting the team together at the beginning, Cheney staffed many of their lower-level positions with his people, or people who feed into his worldview.

So it's not that Cheney told Bush we need to invade Iraq, but that he filled the White House with people predisposed to "intel" about the need to invade, which then goes up the ladder to, eventually, reach Bush.

I'm simplifying things but that was the gist of it. It was only when the DOJ was on the verge of a mass exodus of resignations, which Bush learned about at the tail end of the 11th hour, did he really realize that the bubble chamber that had been put up around him.

Amir0x

Banned
Heh that woman on CNN is pretty good at needling that Trump surrogate and making him look foolish. Talking about Trumps abhorrent comments on women this campaign and he tries to talk about Bill Clinton and she just shuts that shit down. Eventually the Trump surrogate says "what trump said is nothing they wont see on network television" and she is like "but not the president. He is not a tv show" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom