• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

How do you think Hillary will respond to the judgement question with regards to foreign policy at the debate? Emails aside, I think this is the easiest place Trump can hit her because it is not a quick and easy answer. I think he will tie her to the unrest in Iraq, Syria and Libya, and regardless of whether he was actually for all of the same things, she was actually in the government at the time.

HylianTom

Banned
Are there any bets on what word Hillary will use to try and get under Trump's skin at the debates? What one single word can she try to repeat to get his to fly off the handle?

My bet is on "phony" as it's much worse than fraud and can be applied to so many more things about him. It's also more insidious to me and not something that has really been used.
Judging by the topics that were restricted at his roast, jokes that he isn't as wealthy as he lets-on might be a sore spot.

4EF227CF-8B92-4AEE-96CB-D2F02488BBD8.jpeg

So I'd want Hillary to work-in a mention of "millionaires like yourself" at some point early in the proceedings.. 😋

Emarv

How do you think Hillary will respond to the judgement question with regards to foreign policy at the debate? Emails aside, I think this is the easiest place Trump can hit her because it is not a quick and easy answer. I think he will tie her to the unrest in Iraq, Syria and Libya, and regardless of whether he was actually for all of the same things, she was actually in the government at the time.

Pivot back to her experience and how it prepares her to be Commander in Chief. Call out Trump for not being to point out these places on a map or understand the intricacies of essentially anything.

I, personally, don't believe the average American knows what her role was or what even happened in regards to Libya and Syria (outside of something about Dr. Ben Ghazi), so just use it as a chance to sound presidential.

Judging by the topics that were restricted at his roast, jokes that he isn't as wealthy as he lets-on might be a sore spot.

So I'd want Hillary to work-in a mention of "millionaires like yourself" at some point early in the proceedings.. ��

I NEED this to happen!

This is where she will be able to break from Obama. The leaks and records show she was for a 20k+ residual force in Iraq and definitely for a no fly zone in Syria. If we had listened to a Secretary Clinton we might not have such chaos that we do today.

Teggy

I hesitate to say the accent represents anything. A lot of the times it goes politics -> accent.

I knew people who adopted accents after turning conservative as a social marker. Also are the accents identified by the pollster or self identified?

Someone on twitter noted this might be a way they identify locals vs. transplants without specifically asking the question. Seems pretty unscientific, though.

So I'd want Hillary to work-in a mention of "millionaires like yourself" at some point early in the proceedings.. 😋
"Alleged" millionaires

A lot more positive ads focusing on Clinton's polices and accomplishments are showing up on the official Twitter account. Maybe they actually are doing what we want them to do.

Policy ad featuring Bernie: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/777702286499860480

Ad focused on her long history of battling wage gaps and fighting for the middle class:
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/777903138221109248

The Bernie one is not made for TV, unfortunately. Though... do millennials even watch TV?

AndyD

aka andydumi

I don't revolve in those circles, but I wonder what word other billionaires use for pretender billionaires.

Emarv

A lot more positive ads focusing on Clinton's polices and accomplishments are showing up on the official Twitter account. Maybe they actually are doing what we want them to do.

Policy ad featuring Bernie: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/777702286499860480

Ad focused on her long history of battling wage gaps and fighting for the middle class:
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/777903138221109248

why do i even bother reading twitter replies?...

I dont know, but I think she is going to go with "dont just look at my Iraq vote, look at all my votes" line. Which is kinda flat. If I were her I'd bring up the decision to go into Abbottabad, and the fact that no one is 100% right 100% of the time. The more important thing is who can reassess the facts, take lesson from your mistakes and are honest with themselves and the public.

RE: Monmouth: My guess is not a lot has changed in this race except for some shifts around the margins and some LV changes which probably hurt her a lot this past week.

I'm a page late on this, but I really don't want to see Hillary put too many resources in young people. We'll just end up posting in January about all the millions she threw away for what would still probably be too low of turnout to be worth it. I say this as a 23 year old white guy; this demo isn't receptive, and won't get off its ass to vote if unless you handed out iPhones at the polls.

I also really want to see the election results by state. I still can't fathom how she's this close at all nationally when she's only a few points behind in GA and AZ (though there are massive problems with the TX ones, so those should be ignored).

That's it. Reddit found the smoking gun. This is the end for Hillary. After years of investigations, it was a single reddit post that nobody had ever heard of or seen before, obviously, that will end her campaign, for real this time. I know because I saw it on r/conspiracy, and the source was 8chan and they uncover lots of stuff.

Mizerman

That's it. Reddit found the smoking gun. This is the end for Hillary. After years of investigations, it was a single reddit post that nobody had ever heard of or seen before, obviously, that will end her campaign, for real this time. I know because I saw it on r/conspiracy, and the source was 8chan and they uncover lots of stuff.

I just saw that thread in OT and I was like "nope."

Shot:

@DrJillStein
If 43M people in student debt vote Green, we can not only win the election but continue building power for the people. #GreenPartyForum

Chaser:

Nominee: Mitt Romney
Party: Republican
Home state: Massachusetts
Running mate: Paul Ryan
Electoral vote: 206
States carried: 24
Popular vote: 60,933,500
Percentage: 47.2%

User1608

Banned
The millennial speech is very solid. I like it and I hope this begins to change the tune of many young voters in the time remaining in this election.

As for rattling Trump in the debates... when the topic of race comes up, I want Hillary to bring up the central park five when Trump tries to deflect and say "he's the least bigoted person he knows". Just my two cents and a quick thought. It seems like another thing that will set him off.

Teggy

amy walterVerified account
‏@amyewalter
'16 in a nutshell. Nat'l Q poll: % of Clinton supporters who worry they'll be victim of terrorist attack= 29%; Trump supporters = 68%

Yet Trump supporters live overwhelmingly in areas where there is unlikely to be a terrorist attack.

Emarv

She's a "doctor" not a statistician/even remotely qualified politician.

to be fair, most medical schools require you to at least take a semester of statistics and go all the way up to calculus, so she has no excuse to not understand how numbers work.

Yet Trump supporters live overwhelmingly in areas where there is unlikely to be a terrorist attack.

How's the question worded? Because if it's as this is written "Do you believe that you'll be attacked by terrorists?" I think a lot of Trump's base will read it different than "you personally." They see it as a terrorist attack on their demographic.

Trump's base (and therefore half the country, and most of the Republican Party) don't care about policy at all. It's always about the culture war they believe we're fighting, and they think we're losing. In that respect, the Democrats are like the Viet Cong, undermining the war effort from within by whatever insidious means we can.

Why do you think words like diversity and multi-cultural are viewed so negatively by that camp? To them, it means un-integrated people of a different culture coming to force you to hear Spanish at Walmart and see mosques built in cities. These are all bad to Trump's base.

If hilary can get above 60% in the greater atlanta area I think she may win georgia.

There's only 10% undecided in Greater Atlanta, 16% in the rest of the state. I imagine that'll break for Trump in the rest of the state, unfortunately, though I'd like to see if they pushed the undecideds?

mo60

There's only 10% undecided in Greater Atlanta, 16% in the rest of the state. I imagine that'll break for Trump in the rest of the state, unfortunately, though I'd like to see if they pushed the undecideds?

Actually it looks like she may need more around 65%-70% in the GAA to win Georgia if she does okay in the rest of the state.

If hilary can get above 60% in the greater atlanta area I think she may win georgia.

She needs to target the minority suburbs as well. Places like Gwinnett county, and western Atlanta where the more wealthy black neighborhoods are. I think the state can definitely flip. Conversely having some infrastructure in the cotton belt would help mobilize rural black communities.

mo60

She needs to target the minority suburbs as well. Places like Gwinnett county, and western Atlanta where the more wealthy black neighborhoods are. I think the state can definitely flip. Conversely having some infrastructure in the cotton belt would help mobilize rural black communities.

Yep.She needs to win the Atlanta suburbs or keep it within a point or two to possibly win the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom