• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

NRO: Momentum may be on his side, but he still has no path to 270.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...p-electoral-math-no-path-270-despite-momentum

CsvOus9W8AAMMq0.jpg:large

Good piece.

yup. I don't know what's going on with IA. Maybe Brayley's loss wasn't just him sucking and more of a longer term trend.

Emerson. Landline only. wut.

Jason Kander (D) 42%
Roy Blunt (R) 40%
This came out a bit ago. Emerson is still garbage though.

But Kander's campaign is on point so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw numbers like this from more reputable sources in the future.

Would it be wise to pull resources out of Iowa and put them in Georgia?
It would look like a retreat if anything. Iowa is also pretty cheap to advertise in so it's not like she has much to lose by keeping a foothold there.

Speaking of Blunt:

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/09/nra-spending-big-florida-missouri-senate-races/

The NRA Is Spending Big on Senate Races in Florida and Missouri
The gun group has invested nearly $1.5 million to re-elect Roy Blunt and Marco Rubio.
This is why the gun ad was so good. It's a highly effective mic drop against any accusations that Kander doesn't respect gun owners or gun rights.

Unfortunately it's looking more and more like Murphy will need to pull a rabbit out of his hat to beat Rubio.

whyamihere said:
Exactly. It turned out that Ross and Kander are really good at this and Strickland and Murphy aren't great candidates!
Murphy isn't a bad candidate though. I even think he's better than Ross. The entire problem with Florida is he's up against Rubio, who as APKmetsfan pointed out earlier is a media-driven candidate. Everyone knows who he is and the media has no problem carrying his water as a "moderate."

That's boiling it down to simplicity but Blunt and Burr have nowhere near the presence or personality that Rubio has, which is why they're deadlocked.

Open field, Murphy would be winning easily.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In a legit three-way race, 43 million votes would probably be enough.

Y'all just got out-mathed by Dr. Jill Stein.

Not really. The Greens would just be taking votes from the Dems, not the GOP. So no matter what she did she'd need to get more votes than Romney got.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In a legit three-way race, 43 million votes would probably be enough.

Y'all just got out-mathed by Dr. Jill Stein.

Only if Stein took Republican votes at the same rate she did Democrats. If she took votes, say, 80:20 from Democrats:Republicans, it'd be a Republican victory.

Murphy isn't a bad candidate though. I even think he's better than Ross. The entire problem with Florida is he's up against Rubio, who as APKmetsfan pointed out earlier is a media-driven candidate. Everyone knows who he is and the media has no problem carrying his water as a "moderate."

That's boiling it down to simplicity but Blunt and Burr have nowhere near the presence or personality that Rubio has, which is why they're deadlocked.

Open field, Murphy would be winning easily.

I will make you believe in Deborah Ross.

Ecotic

If Georgia is holding up alright that bodes well for North Carolina. Both are inelastic states ruled by demographics. I'll really hate to rely only upon Virginia and one of either Colorado or Nevada on election night. Florida is more democratic than North Carolina as of 2012 but I'm unsure if it's been trending in the right direction.

mo60

If Georgia is holding up alright that bodes well for North Carolina. Both are inelastic states ruled by demographics. I'll really hate to rely only upon Virginia and one of either Colorado or Nevada on election night. Florida is more democratic than North Carolina as of 2012 but I'm unsure if it's been trending in the right direction.

North Carolina may actually end up more democratic in this election if hilary is lucky in North Carolina.

fantomena

Kind of funny, Clinton campaign figured the easiest way to reach millennials is just put up a video of Bernie.

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/videos/1251261474930379/

Well Bernie is still a star. Seems like Amirox prediction of him being forgotten shortly after his recession isn't working out for him.

Bernie is quite a lefty in US, but actually somewhat conservative here.

If I went to US to be a politician I would probably be seen as the spawn of Stalin, haha.

Wilsongt

I really hope Trump's latest statement about Muslims and people from the middle east affect his numbers, at least with independents. Republican voters are a lost cause

I really hope Trump's latest statement about Muslims and people from the middle east affect his numbers, at least with independents. Republican voters are a lost cause

If the media is anything like they were this past weekend, as soon as this bombing stuff dies down, Trump is in for a brutal take down.

I'm pretty sure Trump has suggested profiling before. The sad thing is it doesn't hurt him because people think profiling will work.

User1608

Banned
I wish I had an opportunity to call Trump a cancer to his face. I would gladly do so. He's making everything even worse.

royalan

Hillary shouldn't touch Trump's latest anti-Muslim statements. The media has made it clear they're going to start going after him for shit like this, and if Hillary gets involved it'll just become politicized and "Clinton and Trump trade attacks on Muslim profiling!"

This is a great time to pivot, while Trump is digging himself deeper into the mud.

Hillary shouldn't touch Trump's latest anti-Muslim statements. The media has made it clear they're going to start going after him for shit like this, and if Hillary gets involved it'll just become politicized and "Clinton and Trump trade attacks on Muslim profiling!"

This is a great time to pivot, while Trump is digging himself deeper into the mud.

Let Kaine, Bams, Sanders bring that up. She needs to be above that.

thebloo

I know she won't but I'd love it if she hit him on the millionaire thing like this :

"People that earn more need to pay more. Millionaires like us need to pay our fair share"

PBY

Banned
I know she won't but I'd love it if she hit him on the millionaire thing like this :

"People that earn more need to pay more. Millionaires like us need to pay our fair share"

Naw, this is a bad line of attack for a bunch of reasons

I don't think she should just let the call to profile millions of people go. That can't be normalized. I don't think she need to make anew ad about it but I hope it gets brought up in the debate

Wilsongt

I think Hitler is too much. People instantly tune it out. They can pick other dictators, ones people don't instantly assume is just hyperbole.

That throws out the entire Axis from WWII.

Based on gaf's reaction to the OT thread, I wonder how well Clinton's speech earlier actually went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom