• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I feel like I saw a similar ad like that during the primary, but I think it was about child care. Using old clips like that is a good idea though, I think.

Zukkoyaki

I feel like I saw a similar ad like that during the primary, but I think it was about child care. Using old clips like that is a good idea though, I think.
Oh yeah. Give some people some much needed perspective on who Hillary is and has been for years.

Clinton campaign reading PoliGAF. You're welcome Mook!

Seems pretty in line with what we've been seeing all throughout this election from other Latino-specific pollsters.

It'd be nice if she could end up getting 80% of the Latino vote, would continue a good trendline for Democrats.

So does she need to stop doing negative advertising or doesn't she?

Yes it's consistent, but in Florida Trump's latino support should be higher (close to 30), so still a lot of work ahead.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seems pretty in line with what we've been seeing all throughout this election from other Latino-specific pollsters.

It'd be nice if she could end up getting 80% of the Latino vote, would continue a good trendline for Democrats.

So does she need to stop doing negative advertising or doesn't she?

She needs to stop doing ONLY negative advertising. There's a huge difference. Showing the contrast between them and presenting herself as the better choice is incredibly effective.

This is exactly what I wanted from her speech. Sounds good so far. Make the case for her, hold her accountable (SHE JUST SAID THIS OMG)

Banning the Box and banning drug testing job applicants actually hurts black people IIRC.

Because hiring managers are ridiculously racist and assume all black people are former criminals and drug addicts if they don't have the information on crime and drug history.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Man I went outside the city, and I saw a bumper sticker that said HilLIARy. I dunno why but it made me laugh. There's something about the simplicity and stupidity of conservative puns that almost always gets me.

Arguably, Hillary's biggest worry for this group. I get why she doesn't want to talk about them, but it'd be nice if she made a bigger pitch for those going third party.

Arguably, Hillary's biggest worry for this group. I get why she doesn't want to talk about them, but it'd be nice if she made a bigger pitch for those going third party.
Don't really see an easy, effective way of doing this other than just doing what she's doing - try to make herself as appealing of a candidate as possible.

thebloo

She can't. You don't attack those that don't play. And for all purposes Aleppo and Wifi are not on the same board.

Make your case and that's that. Not all people can be convinced.

Zukkoyaki

HC speech is not going to get any attention due to the arrest. Unfortunate timing for her.

She should repeat it again I think.
Considering this speech, her official Twitter account over the weekend and deployment of Bernie, Warren and Obama, I think they're pivoting to a more positive approach from here on out.

Considering this speech, her official Twitter account over the weekend and deployment of Bernie, Warren and Obama, I think they're pivoting to a more positive approach from here on out.

Perfect timing to go positive, with Trump going into very dark places right now. The contrast will help a lot.

I wonder how close we are to Trump actually advocating to put Muslim Americans into camps.

CNN not playing Clinton's speech so they can repeat the same crap over and over

Nobody watches these daytime speeches live. Folks will get home later and learn about it, and there are scores of pre-written think pieces sent out in the next hour or two which will be RT'd and shared for days.

Trump is right about one thing: nobody gives a shit about CNN.

Hillary streaming a speech on Twitch (with chat enabled) would be the greatest part of the entire wild election season.

If the DNC and RNC weren't on Twitch I probably wouldn't have watched them

Perfect timing to go positive, with Trump going into very dark places right now. The contrast will help a lot.

I wonder close we are to Trump actually advocating to put Muslim Americans into camps.

I don't know but I could actually see him get to the point of saying we need to start deporting Muslims living in America legally who aren't US citizens. Conway seems to have lost control of him again.

Trump shatters GOP records with small donors
Donald Trump has unleashed an unprecedented deluge of small-dollar donations for the GOP, and one that Republican Party elders have dreamed about finding for much of the last decade as they’ve watched a succession of Democrats — Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders and, to a lesser extent, Hillary Clinton — develop formidable fundraising operations, $5, $10 and $20 at a time.

Trump has only been actively soliciting cash for a few months, but when he reveals his campaign’s financials later this week they will show he has crushed the total haul from small-dollar donors of the last two Republican nominees, John McCain and Mitt Romney — during the entirety of their campaigns.

All told, Trump is approaching, and has possibly already passed, $100 million from donors who have given less than $200, according to an analysis of available Federal Election Commission filings, the campaign’s public statements and people familiar with his fundraising operation. It is a threshold no previous Republican has ever achieved in a single campaign. And Trump has done so less than three months after signing his first email solicitation for donors on June 21 — a staggering speed to collect such a vast sum.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” said a senior Republican operative who has worked closely with the campaign’s small-dollar fundraising operation. “He’s the Republican Obama in terms of online fundraising.”

Clinton counted 2.3 million donors as of the end of August, the result of decades of campaigning, a previous presidential bid and allies who painstakingly built her an email file of supporters even before she formally announced her second run. But Trump had zoomed to 2.1 million donors in the last three months alone, his campaign has said.

The question now is what the gusher means for the GOP. The Republican National Committee, through a deal struck with Trump in May, is getting 20 percent of the proceeds from its small-donor operation for Trump plus access to this invaluable new donor and email file. But can Trump’s candidacy help close the Republican Party’s small-donor divide in one fell swoop? Will these donors — 2.1 million and counting — give to other Republicans? Will they drag the Republican Party in Trump’s direction for years to come? Or, if he loses, will they simply vanish?

“The challenge is that we still have a divided party,” said Mindy Finn, who led Romney’s digital team in 2008 and worked for George W. Bush’s reelection in 2004.

More at the link.

Holmes

Pretty good numbers in Georgia for the current state of the race. I'm optimistic, especially if Clinton can recover, have some good debate performances and close the campaign well.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Honestly that damage has been done. Things happen. Clinton handled that press conference with grace. But we move on and she still has things to do. Hopefully they catch him quick

What happened over the weekend? I left you guys off late in the week when we were still talking his his hotel and media being angry.

What happened over the weekend? I left you guys off late in the week when we were still talking his his hotel and media being angry.

One bomb went off in New Jersey, one went off in Manhattan, and another was found and disarmed nearby.

Nobody was seriously injured and the suspect is in custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom