• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver

Well that was a thing that happened. Can't believe I was worried about Trump looking presidential. Hillary looked calm and collected and he was well... a lunatic.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fox News now talking about where it went wrong.

I guess that's all the proof you need about who won this one.

watershed

Banned
Chuck Todd spends too much time trying to prove his political analytical chops. He seems like he's always auditioning his intelligence. Stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room Chuck.

Kid Heart

Anyone think he will participate in the next two debates? I can see him pulling out on a media bias spiel. I think most candidates would try knuckle down and prepare more. I can't see him doing that. I think he will just go back to his rallies.

I don't think he'll pull out. Considering people overwhelmingly say Hillary won he'll look like a coward to the public instead of a hot shot, and that wont sit well with his ego. Plus, I think he will want another shot at her after how much she riled him up.

I actually think he was less obnoxious in the primary. The guy is straight up writing troll tweets now.

He's definitely turned it up to 11 now. I think what was especially bad during the primary was that he continued to make smug and arrogant tweets well after the point where it was clear he was wrong. I guess it all comes down to what's more annoying to you.

Boke1879

Trump has to at least do the 2nd debate. If he doesn't he'll be seen as running away especially after this.

I'm more interested in how he acts at his rallies now.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Krauthammer: "Not the knockout the debate we were hoping for, but I think it was a tie, and the tie goes to the challenger. I think the fact that he was able to go 90 minutes on the same stage as hillary goes to the challenger."

Probably the most positive thing about Trump I've heard from Fox so far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Krauthammer: "Not the knockout the debate we were hoping for, but I think it was a tie, and the tie goes to the challenger. I think the fact that he was able to go 90 minutes on the same stage as hillary goes to the challenger."

If that's the best he's got then Trump got killed

I already forget who said it on Twitter, but someone said he was a mediocre moderator, but a pretty good interviewer when he did some deeper follow-up questioning. I'd say that's a pretty good summary.

Ehhh

The only area he actually failed at was the stopwatch. He couldn't keep Trump on subject, but that's really not possible. He followed up, he repeated the question when necessary, he fact checked. It was pretty damn solid in my opinion.

Yeah he was fine. A couple questions that got under Trump's skin and I don't think it's actually bad to let Trump run sometimes if the alternative is getting into a shouting match with him.

He totally did get into a shouting match once tho! The amount of time Trump spent arguing with Holt was pretty incredible.

Veitsev

Trump will follow up this humiliation with saying even more heinous shit and getting himself in more trouble like when he attacked the Khan family post DNC. He'll turn a bad news cycle into even longer one. When he gets hit he goes on tilt.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CNN going in on the tax thing. He is amazing at deflecting.

sazzy

OMG did anyone notice what happened right after the debate ended?

Clinton walked over to Lester, shook his hand.

Lester holds out hands for Trump, who turns away.

Lester does the awkward gesture where you move your hand to the back of your neck as if that's what you wanted to do.

This line never makes sense, like the fact he didn't leave early is somehow an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom