• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of the campaign trying to force Trump to prep is amazing. Town Hall is arguably the hardest to prep for, he has to move around and address people in the round and on camera and the moderators.

I smell a new manager near after the 2nd debate.

mo60

Trump's campaign is really desperate if they think talking about bill clinton's past will help trump. It won't and it just may drive even more women to support hilary

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
"How can you satisfy America when you couldn't even satisfy your husband?"

All Trump has to do now is say that in the next debate.

And all Hillary has to reply is, "Why, Donald, do you think you could satisfy him better?"

... And Trump's head will explode trying to work out the implications of saying yes or no.

Boke1879

All this talk of the campaign trying to force Trump to prep is amazing. Town Hall is arguably the hardest to prep for, he has to move around and address people in the round and on camera and the moderators.

I smell a new manager near after the 2nd debate.

Yup. He has to play to actual people. Not a moderator or directly Clinton. So honestly it would benefit him to be kinda subdued and calm. If he wants to be aggressive I don't think that plays well.

If anything the prep will be him going over talking points IMO.

Emarv

They have more or less given it away that they will bring up the Bill stuff in one of the debates...which gives the Clinton side ample warning that they will need to prepare a strong rebuttal that turns the tables on them.

Not the smartest.
Based on reporting, it seemed like they were preparing for it for the 1st debate, anyway. I'm confident they'll be ready.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Based on reporting, it seemed like they were preparing for it for the 1st debate, anyway. I'm confident they'll be ready.

Hell, I legit thought Trump wouldn't be able to help himself. At times I even thought Hillary was baiting him in regards to this.

Russia is seriously a joke of a country. The way they change their story to react to every new piece of evidence that comes out concerning MH17 is so blatant it must make RT writer's heads spin trying to keep the current iteration of the story straight. I can only imagine RT anchors are like winking at the camera when they report this stuff.

My favorite part about all of this is how much the Trump team loves to point fingers in the NYT and WaPo when things aren't going their way.

@MaggieNYT: Low-grade complaints from Trump team recently that Rudy is confusing himself w the candidate/personalizing campaign too much about himself

They have more or less given it away that they will bring up the Bill stuff in one of the debates...which gives the Clinton side ample warning that they will need to prepare a strong rebuttal that turns the tables on them.

Not the smartest.

Good thing he kept his ISIS plan quiet!

Seriously though, I'm sure they already planned for this.

Boke1879

I'm sure Hillary and her team have always planned for him to bring up Bill. I'd be shocked if he didn't and when he made that Flowers tweet I'm sure they had it all planned out.

Now she just has to be ready is all.

It's such an awkward point they're trying to make.

Basically... Clinton isn't really for women because she stood by her man when he was accused of cheating and stuff. Vote for me a serial adulterer! I love women!

That's clearly not going to land.

NeoXChaos

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yup, if you think for even a second the Clinton campaign isn't ready for Trump to muddy himself in Bill's personal issues, you're a damned fool.

What are they even thinking is going to happen? Where is the positive for them?

It's a dog whistle appeal to men who hate women that aren't perfect submissive slaves. In the mind of such a person, men only cheat because of their terrible wives.

Trump's problem is that I find it highly unlikely that he has more of these people on the fence. You speak to your base when you need their turnout to improve, but that's never been his issue. His problem is that his base is worth 40% of these vote at most, and he can't seem to get through that ceiling.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's such an awkward point they're trying to make.

Basically... Clinton isn't really for women because she stood by her man when he was accused of cheating and stuff. Vote for me a serial adulterer! I love women!

That's clearly not going to land.

The argument is more layered than that. Why did she 'stand by her man?'

-- because it's a marriage of convenience, not of traditional love
-- maybe she's in lesbians with that muslim lady?
-- all she cares about is power
-- she's the reason Bill Clinton never paid for his amazing .. wait. .. run .. hold up .. as .. stop .. president .. nO ..

Yeah it's nonsense.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yup, if you think for even a second the Clinton campaign isn't ready for Trump to muddy himself in Bill's personal issues, you're a damned fool.

I see this a lot in this thread. I tend to agree. HOWEVER! How long did it take for her to come up with a good answer to her Iraq vote? to the email bullshit?

No, this is not the most obvious thing ever. Hillary has shown before that despite getting telegraphed warnings about what she'll be hit with that she is not always prepared with a sharp, clear answer.

So yes I want to believe she's prepared for this hit, but there is plenty of room to question whether or not she actually will be.

Chelsea is the correct answer if asked about why she stayed with Bill... worked things out... fast forward to today, one happy family with two grand-children

Hillary can also pivot in relation to Donald's ''love'' for his children and that family comes first

sticking to the highroad is the right way to beat Trump, not joining him in the gutter

TRASH POLL FIIIIIIIGHT

Ipsos/Reuters 9/22 - 9/26

Clinton 42 (+5 from last poll)
Trump 38 (-1)

H2H

Clinton 44 (+5)
Trump 38 (-1)

Probably does not include debate fallout

Ctc8QgIUEAAgJe4.jpg

The biggest obstacle to Trump bringing it up during the debate is that he's too chickenshit to do it. Maybe he can "overcome" that but he has repeatedly folded when faced with an alpha.

+5 from the last poll? Without the full effects of the debate?

Sweet jesus

To be fair, their last poll had Trump leading/tied and was probably trashier than the usual trashness

Folks are expecting Trump to go down the Bill Clinton route? Not gonna happen, unless she really baits him in the debates.
Hillary said everything about him that Rosie O'Donnell said about him that he still holds a grudge over. I could him saying it not because he thinks it will help him but just to try and inflict as much pain and suffering on Hillary as he can.

Trump is on record calling Paula Jones a loser and more. It'd be dumb to get into this when there is video of him defending Bill Clinton over the issue.

Lmo911

My favorite part about all of this is how much the Trump team loves to point fingers in the NYT and WaPo when things aren't going their way.

@MaggieNYT: Low-grade complaints from Trump team recently that Rudy is confusing himself w the candidate/personalizing campaign too much about himself

This is the problem with the GOP in a nutshell. It's the reason they had 18 people up there fighting among themselves and it's why they let Trump slip through and take the nomination. Everyone wants to be the boss, even if it's to their detriment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom