• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
He truly believes that he is creating a movement. He thinks he's captured the minds and hearts of a Nation.

He's just got a rabid base that shows up.

Boke1879

It's their online tracking poll. Two day window might be okay. I mean, I still think we have to wait until tomorrow or Friday to get some decent numbers.

I think Friday IMO is the best day to gauge everything. Debate, campaigning and this while Trump mess with Alicia

Slacker

I frequently dive in to facebook comments for a peek into the mind of the Trump voter and while I feel like I've seen it all at this point, sometimes they still manage to surprise. Saw one this morning about Trump's views on women. A woman stated "I don't understand why everyone says Trump hates women. He's MARRIED to a woman. Why would he do that if he hates them?"

Pepe the Frog officially being declared a symbol of hate by the anti defamation league has me all kinds of warm and fuzzy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...of-hate/ar-BBwJo9I?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Poor guy just wants to pull his pants down while he pees.

14355665_10209812498164149_597827060494385062_n.jpg
Dear Lilly:
I received a terrific message from your mom, and was touched to learn that you want to change your name to "Lillary" so that you can be president when you grow up. I think Lilly is a great name -- and I hope you know that you don't have to change it to become president; if you dream big, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in, there's no limit to what you can achieve.

I know that it may seem like a lot now, but as you grow and learn and search for your own place in the world, I hope you'll consider how you can make your voice heard. Speak your mind in your classes, and at meetings once you have a job. Proudly take credit for your ideas. Have confidence in the value of your contributions. And if the space you're in doesn't have room for your voice, don't be afraid to carve out a space of your own. Don't be discouraged. Don't give in. Don't give up. Don't quit -- on yourself, on your dreams, on your future. You really can be anything you want to be. I may become the first woman president, but you, Lilly, could be next.

With warm wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,
Hillary Clinton

Good thing she got some staffer to write this, since I'm sure that kid would have regretted the name change.

I know a lot of people think those letters are sappy or fake, but my parents still have a letter from Bill Clinton that was written as a reply to a letter I sent. I don't remember what it was even about, and the letter was probably just a form letter he sent to every kid, but stuff like that goes a long way with people.

...also I can't imagine Trump replying to any children at all, especially since I have a feeling some kids are writing to him out of fear they may be deported or because they're being bullied at school.

14355665_10209812498164149_597827060494385062_n.jpg

Good thing she got some staffer to write this, since I'm sure that kid would have regretted the name change.
This is so cute.

The 5 year old has to write a letter to a woman he admires. He wanted to write to Alaska, and then he wanted to write to RuPaul. But, his third choice was Hillary.

NeoXChaos

Sean T at RCP ‏@SeanTrende 21m21 minutes ago
That the election is over, or even that LAT will look like this in a week. A good Hillary day might have rolled off as Tuesday moved in...

Sean T at RCP ‏@SeanTrende 22m22 minutes ago
As for the LA Times poll, my expectation was that it would move against him. It didn't. That is newsworthy. THAT DOESNT MEAN...

what is so great about LAT poll??

The Trumpers online are really going with this woman being an accessory in a murder thing.

They're really hitching themselves to this wagon. This is the hill they decided to die on, apparently.

kess

Pepe the Frog officially being declared a symbol of hate by the anti defamation league has me all kinds of warm and fuzzy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...of-hate/ar-BBwJo9I?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

There's remarkably little discussion from people handwringing over this why people choose to co-opt a meme like this in the first place.

Surprise, a meme that gained popularity on a site that normalizes and perpetuates social stigmas eventually gets used by assholes and turns to shit. News at 11.

SexyFish

Banned
Tiffany, like the store?

Holy fuck I thought that was a joke but actually yes.

She was named by her parents after Tiffany & Company; her father's purchase of the air rights above the store in the 1980s allowed him to build Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/07/20/tiffany_trump_s_sad_vague_rnc_speech.html

Cites newspapers at the time so could be false but still.

Also Trump please stop being so fucking weird about your god damn daughters.

pigeon

Banned
In case anybody missed it, Dems already won the shutdown fight. GOP just has way too much to lose to fight about Flint right now.

I swear to god. If millennials gave a shit about things like they do about "false advertisement" of no-man sky and boob censorship of japanese games they'd get their single payer, UBI and work free future

those european data laws and "consumer protections" are bullshit btw.

Emarv

I think we'll know pretty soon if the debate moved Clinton's internals or not. The campaign has been pretty easy to read when they're playing confident or when they're playing scared.

Slacker

It's absolutely hilarious that serial adulterer Rudy Guliani wants serial adulterer Donald Trump to hit Hillary on Bill's infidelities because he think it makes her look stupid. That they think this line of attack will work on anyone aside from the hardest of the hardcore base that would never vote for Hillary anyway says a lot about them. I used to think Rudy was just saying what he thought stupid people wanted to hear. Come to find out he's just that stupid.

Edit: Good timing. Buckle up folks!

All this time we thought Trump was self-aware of the Fox News bubble and was just playing them.

My thoughts on Trump this race

<Jan 2016: Haha, oh man, what did Bill do to put Trump up to this. Look at him. How is anyone buying this act?

Winter 2016: ha... ha...? Okay Bill, this is starting to get weird. People are getting hurt at his rallies, tell him to tone it down a bit

Sping: This is pretty clearly not set up by Bill. But come on, he has to be acting just for attention

Summer: This man is dead serious about being a fascist and this is the scariest election ever

My thoughts on Trump this race

<Jan 2016: Haha, oh man, what did Bill do to put Trump up to this. Look at him. How is anyone buying this act?

Winter 2016: ha... ha...? Okay Bill, this is starting to get weird. People are getting hurt at his rallies, tell him to tone it down a bit

Sping: This is pretty clearly not set up by Bill. But come on, he has to be acting just for attention

Summer: This man is dead serious about being a fascist and this is the scariest election ever

You are not alone.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Looks like one of David Fahrenthold's next avenues of investigation is figuring out how the companies who redirected money to the Trump Foundation instead of Trump himself handled their own tax issues. Did they consider these payments or charitable donations?

Also, he's tearing down some nonsense Boris Epshteyn spewed about Trump just "storing" stuff like the paintings and Tebow's helmet until they can serve a charitable purpose. That's pretty explicitly a violation per IRS rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom