• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I get Trump emails in my spam folder. Crowdsourcing for the debates, who knew?

[Sample Question: Do you think Trump should refer to Hillary as “Crooked Hillary” on stage?]

Trumps biggest supporters are going to tell him to NOT call her names? Well this should be interesting.

More likely a fake survey to make people feel special and they are just trying to get money.

Kalnos

Banned
People on the internet scare me. Reddit has gone crazy over the IT guy thing and are just making up bullshit conspiracies about it now.

Yeah, I used to like Reddit in general but ever since the entire Ellen Pao debacle it has been on a fast track to becoming nigh-unreadable entirely.

It's possible that some republicans are actually abandoning the republican party in some states in this election cycle and switching to voting for the democrats in the downballot and the presidential races instead.
Yeah but these are people who were canvassed recently and sometimes were caucus goers in 2008/2016 (even seen a couple 2004 ones). They seem to fit the profile of down-the-ticket Democrats.

If people actually tried something like that the trump campaign would filter out the responses that are too extreme.

That is assuming they are competent enough, or Trump even listens to his advisors. This can easily turn to be extremely unhelpful. Many people don't have understanding, lack nuance, and are extremely biased. I won't be surprised that half the responses would be something anyone can easily counter.

If Donald Trump says that Hillary wants to grant citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants say easily clarify her position and ask Trump for proof that she has ever said that she wanted that many.

Just call him Mr. Brexit.

This election. This FUCKING election. If Trump wins, his Presidency -- be it one term or two -- will do real and lasting damage to this country. It will be profound and will last the rest of our adult lives.

To be fair, if Trump wins, the rest of our adult lives won't be very long

CNN sort of doing it's job
Trump is saying "yes" to Fox News almost every day but saying "no" to most other major networks and news organizations -- a highly unusual strategy for a presidential nominee.

He called into "Fox & Friends" on Monday morning, he is booked on "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night, and he has another town hall with Sean Hannity coming up on Wednesday.

Rousing the base instead of reaching out to undecided voters may ultimately pay off for Trump. If nothing else, it limits the candidate's exposure to hard-hitting questions -- while fueling frustration among journalists.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Samantha Bee had some fun ripping into NBC for continuing to pal around with Donald Trump. Also did a nice primer on the political history of Roger Ailes.

Millennial / Clinton thread mentioning tuition forgiveness with a post 'but I already paid mine off, what do I get?': CHECK.
The satisfaction of knowing that future generations won't be burdened by crippling debt

giphy.gif

The failing NYT covered her desperate speech to bratty youths.
She extolled the virtues of a tax credit plan tied to paid apprenticeships, seeming to test a few attention spans.
Perhaps the most raucous applause came when Mrs. Clinton noted her plans to eliminate tuition at in-state public colleges and universities for families with annual incomes up to $125,000, as well as her efforts to make college debt-free for all.

“I worked with Bernie Sanders on a plan,” she said, eliciting at least one piercing “woot!” in the room before she finished the sentence.
woot.

mo60

Can we just not be happy to be happy? We don't really need to think about the state of the race all the time yo. It's funny as shit that all living presidents will most likely vote for Hillary Clinton.

Has George W bush made any hints about who he wants to vote for yet.I know he has been campaigning for downballot republicans, but I'm not sure if he despises trump enough to vote for hilary.

Ecotic

Let's pretend this is true. Who does this help?

An H.W. Bush endorsement would help win a media cycle or two. That's at least worth something at this stage.

Her campaign needs to be creative though. If they could pull it off, imagine a dual endorsement of H.W. Bush and Colin Powell the day after a good debate performance. Hillary would have a week's worth of good coverage. If she flops in the debate, then it's a good way to get the bad media off her.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Anyone else follow Fox News on Twitter? Holy hell, the output coming from them dwarves all the other news organizations I follow combined...

He's the last Republican President that is still respected on the left. W would be the one you don't want because it reinforces too many negatives, better for him to endorse Johnson or something while blasting Trump.

This. HW is not his son, and it's a big deal for any Never Trump people that it's likely that not a single living President will vote for Trump.

I'd love it if the Bush family pulled another Vote Your Conscience moment in October. That shit was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom