• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Its pretty funny how much the first debate tanked Obama in 2012.

Yeah... I hope that doesn't mean Trump has a chance to turn this around. I want him to dig his heals in and ramp up the crazy (so far he has been). Clinton just needs to have 2 more stellar debates.

Farmboy

he needs to keep iowa, ohio, and nevada, and then also win florida, north carolina, colorado, and new hampshire.

florida and north carolina seem like tossups. also, colorado and new hampshire are not battleground states.

Virginia + Ohio + Iowa + Florida + North Carolina would also suffice, he wouldn't need Nevada, Colorado and New Hampshire then. I don't expect him to win Va., but it seems like a path of lesser resistance than the one you're suggesting.

EDIT: Condolences, Adam.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah... I hope that doesn't mean Trump has a chance to turn this around. I want him to dig his heals in and ramp up the crazy (so far he has been). Clinton just needs to have 2 more stellar debates.
Clinton is an excellent debater and trump is an idiot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Virginia + Ohio + Iowa + Florida + North Carolina would also suffice, he wouldn't need Nevada, Colorado and New Hampshire then. I don't expect him to win Va., but it seems like a path of lesser resistance than the one you're suggesting.
I don't agree. He's never been even near close in Virginia and is a bad demographic fit. I could see him winning Nevada Colorado and NH before VA. But I can't see him winning Colorado either for the same reason he's screwed in Virginia.

Cyanity

Banned

Trump can't even keep his cool around Bill O' Reilly. He's not suddenly going to become a level-headed master debater.

I don't agree. He's never been even near close in Virginia and is a bad demographic fit. I could see him winning Nevada Colorado and NH before VA. But I can't see him winning Colorado either for the same reason he's screwed in Virginia.

Plouffe said Trump will win OH, IA, most possible NV. NC will be closest state.

Farmboy

Well, exactly. The odds of him running the table in those three states, at least one of which is almost as hard as Va. is all by itself, are surely longer than those of him flipping Va., even if that's a long shot too.

NH polling also hasn't been good for him and if Clinton outperforms her polling by anywhere near the margin at which Obama outperformed his, he's screwed there too. Of course, I fully expect Clinton to win all four.

There's a thread on this in the OT, but it's a good watch: https://youtu.be/21ijh_LMw08

15 minute video featuring a sociologist from UC Berkeley talking about the five years she spent trying to understand people on the far right. It portrays them in an empathetic light without apologizing for them. I enjoyed it.

Colorado +6
Clinton 46, Trump 40, Johnson 6, Stein 2

Florida +2
Clinton 45, Trump 43, Johnson 3, Stein 1

North Carolina +2
Clinton 44, Trump 42, Johnson 7

Pennsylvania +6
Clinton 45, Trump 39, Johnson 6, Stein 2

Virginia +6
Clinton 46, Trump 40, Johnson 7, Stein 1
So, Adjusted Leader Trump +1, Trump +2, Trump +3, Tie , Tie then?

thebloo

So, Adjusted Leader Trump +1, Trump +2, Trump +3, Tie , Tie then?

g739zFH.gif

Obama was ahead, had a bad debate and Romney just about pulled into a tie before it regressed back to the average.

Trump was behind already, blew the first debate and is probably behind more now. If it regresses back to the average he's still behind.

Critical differences between the state of the race then and now.

Emarv

I am more and more convinced that Hillary clinton is leslie knope
I honestly think it's such an obvious parallel that I wonder just how many millenials get that. That a character they love so much is just this politician they think they despise.

Great polling day. I can breathe again. I also saw a Winthrop poll in which Trump is only up 4 in SC. That can't be good for him to only be slightly up in a deep red state.

Rasss is still extra trash, guys. Other trash polls might reflect some trends relative to their inherit trashiness but Ras reflects what Ras *thinks* the trends are. Or they're in "spook the GOP" mode. Who knows? Only Ras does, and only we do a week before the election when Ras tries to look legit in the final polls.

Time: Break Up With That Trump Supporter

http://time.com/4509441/presidential-debates-donald-trump-relationships/

Dating a Trump supporter this election season? There has never been a better reason to return yourself to single status.

If Google searches and media coverage is any indication, Trump is straining a lot of relationships. Married couples in which he’s for Trump and she’s not tell the New York Times Style section they’re considering divorce. “IT HAPPENED TO ME: Donald Trump Ruined My Relationship” blares a headline on xojane.com. A woman wrote to Slate’s Dear Prudence to say she can’t get past her husband’s Trump support, worried it “reveals something about my husband’s character that I didn’t know.” A woman who documents nearly every aspect of her marriage for New York Magazine writes that Trump is tearing it apart.

Don't date deplorables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom