• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third debate is moderated by a Fox News guy, right? I'd say that if Hillary can survive that, it's pretty wrapped up, but I can't imagine the third one is going to fair and balanced, and I expect emails and Benghazi to be every other question.

Third debate won't matter much. First was by far the most important.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Edit: Video link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6L3PpcvZ14&time_continue=7

CtiES7pUMAA-3tb.jpg

Am I wrong, or is this an explicit admission of guilt? "They paid money...in 1998" is a clear confession.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No video, but it was on The View.

CtiES7pUMAA-3tb.jpg

Am I wrong, or is this an explicit admission of guilt?

If the "They paid money," is talking about Trump in Cuba then yes it is. She literally just confirmed the story is true.

Who wants to take bets on how long it'll be before she gets fired?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. WOW. Goodbye, Florida's Cuban vote.

Tarydax

Banned
If the "They paid money," is talking about Trump in Cuba then yes it is. She literally just confirmed the story is true.

It's going to be amazing if she does. She's the best surrogate Trump has by far.

Here's my hot take on that (with a dash of tinfoil):

This wasn't a mistake, or her being ignorance. We know Newsweek says they have the receipts and they're thinking of posting them.

My guess? They already know how bad it is and what Newsweek has; their only way out is to say: "Oh, we didn't really break the embargo, we sent people there to explore opportunities but chose not to."

The statute of limitations expired, so there's no legal trouble they could get it. To me this indicates the story will be hard to deny, so they just want to spin it in the most innocuous way they can.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's going to be amazing if she does. She's the best surrogate Trump has by far.

His best surrogate just admitted, on camera, that he violated the Cuban embargo. Which is a crime punishable by up to 10 years in jail. If the statute of limitation hadn't already run out charges would incoming as we speak.

Here's my hot take on that (with a dash of tinfoil):

This wasn't a mistake, or her being ignorance. We know Newsweek says they have the receipts and they're thinking of posting them.

My guess? They already know how bad it is and what Newsweek has; their only way out is to say: "Oh, we didn't really break the embargo, we sent people there to explore opportunities but chose not to."

The statute of limitations expired, so there's no legal trouble they could get it. To me this indicates the story will be hard to deny, so they just want to spin it in the most innocuous way they can.

If Newsweek has the receipts to publish that headline with no fear, then they have him dead to rights. Any receipts they have will, hopefully be, unspinnable.

NeoXChaos

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/politics/ohio-campaign-trump-clinton.html

“If the Republican Party looks more like the Trump coalition and the Democratic Party looks more like the Obama coalition, then the states Democrats must win will no longer be Ohio and Iowa,” said David Wilhelm, a manager of Bill Clinton’s first presidential campaign and a former Democratic national chairman who lives in suburban Columbus. “They will be Virginia, North Carolina, Arizona and Georgia.”

Yet that same Obama coalition was enough to hand the president a two-point victory in Ohio in 2012, when the state’s demographics were no less challenging for Democrats. The difference now, Ohio voters and strategists from both parties say, is in the two candidates and the issues at hand.

--

What will determine who wins Ohio, said Representative Steve Stivers, a Republican, is if “Hillary can pick up a bunch of voters in the suburbs to offset the rural and some of the industrial areas.” Mrs. Clinton has an organizational advantage, with 60 offices across the state, and is flooding Ohio with surrogates: Bill Clinton is expected in the state on a bus tour next week.

But a Clinton victory in Ohio may also require rousing younger voters, which is in doubt. When a group of Democratic Ohio mayors campaigned recently for Mrs. Clinton in Athens — home of Ohio University and seat of the county with the state’s largest percentage of millennials — they drew little interest.

benjipwns

Banned
So why did Hillary cover this up while she was in the White House instead of having Trump prosecuted? Was it because Trump was a big donor to and supporter of her then Senate campaign? I hope she actually releases documents and answers regarding this instead of her standard tactics.

dramatis

Lol

In the Frontline doc, Robert Reich describes their law class as Hillary being first, him being second, Bill never being in class, and Clarence Thomas never saying a word

How apt

If Newsweek has the receipts to publish that headline with no fear, then they have him dead to rights. Any receipts they have will, hopefully be, unspinnable.

Oh yeah at best they'll be able to say: "well, they were there doing research and trump decided not to invest," because that sounds a BIT better and they might not lose much core support.

That said, they way they've handled this, and now with Kellyanne basically confirming it.... he's toast. I think this is the big one. He won't fall 10 points, but he's probably done in Florida which closes off almost all paths for him.

Plinko

Those Texas voter registration numbers.

*Fans self*

Amir0x

Banned
Man this last debate totally killed any thread pessimism. Everybody knows she got this now. It's so great.

And it seems Trump profoundly misunderstands why and how badly he lost. So town hall debate gonna be great lol

Cyanity

Banned
So I'm listening to conservative talk radio (guilty pleasure, I know), and they have a very angry man on talking about how Alicia Machado is lying about the "Miss housekeeping" drama, that it's all made up. He's literally yelling in denial about this. Meanwhile, Trump even calls her Miss piggy in his friggen book. I think Trump's base has gone into full denial here. His campaign is over, and there's no way to put a positive spin on that without sounding like a complete flaming idiot.

Man this last debate totally killed any thread pessimism. Everybody knows she got this now. It's so great.

And it seems Trump profoundly misunderstands why and how badly he lost. So town hall debate gonna be great lol

Basically, if Hillary's lead shrinks again, it will show that nothing at all will help. I feel that the performance at the debate was the best indication undecideds could possibly get about who they should vote for, and right now that is reflected in Hillary's reclaimed lead.

So I am optimistic for now.

But in the event of another narrowing, I will probably be more pessimistic than ever. Still, I am enjoying this delicate respite.

studyguy

Trump is toast.

It was already boosted this year due to the awful rhetoric, this bungle just reminded us why we were pushing so hard.

So I'm listening to conservative talk radio (guilty pleasure, I know), and they have a very angry man on talking about how Alicia Machado is lying about the "Miss housekeeping" drama, that it's all made up. He's literally yelling in denial about this. Meanwhile, Trump even calls her Miss piggy in his friggen book. I think Trump's base has gone into full denial here. His campaign is over, and there's no way to put a positive spin on that without sounding like a complete flaming idiot.

I do this too lol
I've actually called in before to mention the success of birth control initiatives in states during a talk about the evils of planned parenthood and got hung up on by the radio host. Good stuff.

Amir0x

Banned
Basically, if Hillary's lead shrinks again, it will show that nothing at all will help. I feel that the performance at the debate was the best indication undecideds could possibly get about who they should vote for, and right now that is reflected in Hillary's reclaimed lead.

But in the event of another narrowing, I will probably be more pessimistic than ever. Still, I am enjoying this delicate respite.

I dont know if it can narrow without a stunning debate loss. The Alicia thing coupled with illegal dealings in Cuba coupled with an obvious debate loss? Shit is bad for Trump now lol

Iolo

Stay away from the bleach this time, channel your impulses into fiction.

while getting my morning monster white from the circle K, i heard an ad on the radio there (clearly aimed at the NC african-american community) trying to say that because Chelsea makes 600k a year the whole family is crooked and you can trust Trump because Ben Carson says so , so what do you have to lose?

That sounds like complete gibberish, but so was the ad. Was bizzare.

Amir0x

Banned
Bad moments for Clinton during the debate though: if you watch her answer on police brutality, you could almost physically see her searching her mind for her debate prep answer. Must work on sounding a bit more authentic on the subject.

Man this debate went so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom