• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bad moments for Clinton during the debate though: if you watch her answer on police brutality, you could almost physically see her searching her mind for her debate prep answer. Must work on sounding a bit more authentic on the subject.

Man this debate went so well

That'll get better. Her team was probably more worried about what Trump will show up and how to bait him properly. I imagine she'll look better next time.

NeoXChaos

Nick Chanko, 20, is a student at McGill University in Montreal who plans to vote in his home state, New York. A registered Democrat, he said he would either vote for Ms. Stein or not vote at all.

“I feel like a lot of the stuff Hillary does, you can see when she is trying to, like, earn the youth vote, and it just doesn’t work,” Mr. Chanko said. “It’s just kind of cringeworthy. She just doesn’t seem genuine.”

The Clinton campaign’s biggest problem with young voters could be summed up by Mr. Frasier. He is liberal-minded and voted for Mr. Sanders in the South Carolina primary. But he is not likely to vote for either Mrs. Clinton or Donald J. Trump, the Republican nominee, both of whom he called “pawns and puppets.”

Nathan Mowery, a 26-year-old federal contractor who lives in Gainesville, Va., said that as a Muslim, he would find it hard to vote for Mr. Trump. But he said that he found Mrs. Clinton uninspiring and that he planned to vote instead for a third-party candidate. He was unapologetic about his choice.

“I’m casting a protest vote because it makes it visible to major parties that there are people who are motivated to vote but are unwilling to vote for either of them,” he said. “I hope that whoever runs in 2020 will get their act together and one of the parties will put somebody up that younger voters can align themselves with.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/us/politics/hillary-clinton-millennials-third-party.html

Man this last debate totally killed any thread pessimism. Everybody knows she got this now. It's so great.

And it seems Trump profoundly misunderstands why and how badly he lost. So town hall debate gonna be great lol

I will still wet my bed in some nights until election day

Trump is too dangerous to be at ease

That'll get better. Her team was probably more worried about what Trump will show up and how to bait him properly. I imagine she'll look better next time.

You could tell she was feeling out which Trump decided to show up to the debate, because she was subdued and observant during the first 15 minutes before going all in.

Man she's a pro. I can just imagine her researching and practicing against every single type of Trump that's ever appeared.

DOWN

Banned
Wallace is legit and I expect the debate to be moderated fairly. In the end it'll be Trump's burden to move the talk back to Libya and emails, and away from issues like NATO, Russia, and Trump's temperament.
He already said he won't be fact checking and he's on Fox News. The guy is conservative.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I mean, anything can happen between now and election day, but the next debate is a town hall debate. Trump isn't personable. Like, AT ALL. Can't show humility. Can't show empathy. He's not capable of doing it. Everything gets twisted back around to him and his "success."

I would be absolutely stunned if Trump ended up looking better than Hillary at the next debate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also Machado has been all fucking over Univision and Spanish news btw

Their top story right now
"Trump sostiene ahora que no conoce a Alicia Machado y que impidió que la despidieran."
Trump now claims he did not know Machado and tried to stop her firing

Full on interview with her after doing a gigantic retrospective on her life before and after Trump. Needless to say it's not a good look for him as she refutes his claim at every turn.

Dat first post:
Kurt Eichenwald said:
.@CapitolCubans This piece is absolutely bogus and if you think this represents how the embargo law works, you are not competent 4 your job.

Ice cold.

I totally want Trump to snap at some random guy who asks him a question at the Town Hall

"Mr Trump, can you explain this position?"
"I DO NOT HAVE THIS POSITION, WHO TOLD YOU I DO, NEXT QUESTION"

Man this last debate totally killed any thread pessimism. Everybody knows she got this now. It's so great.

And it seems Trump profoundly misunderstands why and how badly he lost. So town hall debate gonna be great lol

I mean, anything can happen between now and election day, but the next debate is a town hall debate. Trump isn't personable. Like, AT ALL. Can't show humility. Can't show empathy. He's not capable of doing it. Everything gets twisted back around to him and his "success."

I would be absolutely stunned if Trump ended up looking better than Hillary at the next debate.

also the first debate really exposed Trump. Hillary made him bleed and took him off this weird pedestal that the media has been putting him in

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
also the first debate really exposed Trump. Hillary made him bleed and took him off this weird pedestal that the media has been putting him in

Yup. Even on GAF, notice how the "Invincible Trump" meme has all but disappeared. She made him bleed, now there's blood in the water.

Yup. Even on GAF, notice how the "Invincible Trump" meme has all but disappeared. She made him bleed, now there's blood in the water.

I'm loving it. Everyone on tv kept talking about how he was a TV personality and knew how to work the camera and then he ended up sniffling all over the place and lookinformation uncomfortable as hell. Trump knows his image that he was creating is starting to shatter which is why he is becoming more unhinged.

I also love how everyone kept claiming get he took down 16 qualified candidates in debate and now they look like even bigger fools because Clinton stood on stage and didn't even flinch with allots of his interruptions.

The only way Clinton can lose a debate is with a bad answer from her because there's no chance in hell trump can beat her.

studyguy

"Gary, we just have to wait for it to blow over and it will--"

https://twitter.com/GovGaryJohnson/status/781559655839522817

yNlQWRM.jpg

I'm not gonna make this smaller by virtue of just how stupid that tweet is.

SexyFish

Banned
So...when are major news networks going to go with the Cuba story now?
Is it going to be later during prime viewership hours?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've concluded that Gary Johnson is actually an agent of big tobacco/alcohol working to undermine the case for legalized marijuana. Dude's a total dunce.

Plinko

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...gerrymandering-is-in-a-new-documentary-series
A new documentary series called America Divided debuts on the EPIX network this Friday at 9 PM ET, and it delves into the many injustices associated with inequality in America, whether they be political, social, or economic. One segment features actor and comedian Zach Galifianakis taking a more serious turn that focuses on the absurdities of gerrymandering. Galifianakis is no stranger to North Carolina politics, since his uncle Nick Galifianakis actually represented Durham in Congress from 1966 until 1972, when he lost a Senate race against odious racist Sen. Jesse Helms.

The more public degrading of gerrymandering we can get, the better.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...gerrymandering-is-in-a-new-documentary-series

The more public degrading of gerrymandering we can get, the better.

Galifianakis sought the Democratic Party nomination for the US Senate seat held by Senator B. Everett Jordan in the 1972 election, and defeated him in the primary. While Galifianakis led his Republican challenger, former television commentator Jesse Helms, by a substantial margin for most of the campaign, Helms closed the gap by tying Galifianakis to his party's presidential nominee, George McGovern, and with the late-campaign slogan, "Jesse Helms: He's One of Us," an implicit play suggesting his opponent's Greek heritage made him somehow less "American.

Did Helms ever not run a racist campaign?

Johnson should've just said that to begin with, it would've still been a bad answer but very libertarian. I bet he was up all night thinking about what he should've said.

sazzy

House/Senate pass Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act bill.

Obama vetoes the bill, saying that it would open up US interests abroad to prosecution.

House/Senate ignore Obama, and override the veto.

TODAY:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday that a new law allowing U.S. victims of terrorism to sue foreign governments may have “unintended ramifications,” despite Congress’s overwhelming vote this week to defy President Barack Obama’s veto of the legislation.

Though Obama’s veto of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act was easily overridden, many senators are seeking changes to the law later this year, particularly after gauging any international reaction. McConnell laid some fault at the hands of the White House, calling the battle over JASTA a “good example” of “failure to communicate early about the potential consequences” of a popular bill.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/mitch-mcconnell-saudi-9-11-bill-228903

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom