• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand people who say Trump is doing this stuff and distracting from the Trump Foundation story, but in a way, I'm fine with that. WaPo and Newsweek will keep digging and building a case and the Trump campaign will keep dismissing it.

Over and over until they finally uncover the one big piece they need. And by then, the Trump campaign will realize they're already 10 feet underwater.

Let's think about how this worked out for him the first time around. He spent months and months punting on coming up with real answers on his taxes, and birtherism and 'calling women pigs' by making outrageous statements like this.

What happened? The punts ended at the debate and he had a meltdown. So... please proceed Mr. Trump.

You gotta imagine Anderson Cooper is gonna have a black person asking why he's bragging about making Obama show his papers. How's that gonna look?

kevin1025

Banned
Is he the first Presidential candidate to say, "go check out sex tape" in public? Or was there another horrible, disgusting shitheel before him?

This man has no bottom of the barrel. It just keeps going.

Emarv

The Clinton campaign seems to have figured him out. Remember that when he attacked Judge Curiel or the Khans, those weren't planned events. He just kind of stumbled into it. Clinton's team appears to have a better grasp on just what gets under his skin now and can weaponize it.

(For those keeping track at home, all 3 attacks were on minorities, just FYI. Fun coincidence, huh?)

Is he the first Presidential candidate to say, "go check out sex tape" in public? Or was there another horrible, disgusting shitheel before him?

I don't know. I wouldn't put it past some of the 1800s candidates from saying stuff that was just as ridiculous. Those elections sometimes got kind of muddy.

Jackson said Quincey Adams's daughters were prostitutes and slept with German princes..

Quincy Adams basically called Jackson's wife a whore because she married Jackson only 6 months after divorcing her husband (the stress eventually killed her from the tirade.)

Those are a couple I can think of at the top of my head that are somewhat comparable? Benji this is your moment.

Teggy

Jackson said Quincey Adams's daughters were prostitutes and slept with German princes..

Quincy Adams basically called Jackson's wife a whore because she married Jackson only 6 months after divorcing her husband (the stress eventually killed her from the tirade.)

Those are a couple I can think of at the top of my head that are somewhat comparable? Benji this is your moment.

There was the hermaphrodite thing, forget who that was.

VRMN

Hillary Clinton woke up this morning and, for a few minutes at least, didn't know why it felt like a beautiful morning before she even opened her bedroom curtains.

Ecotic

I just woke up and can't believe how stupid Trump is to have tweeted about Machado. Less than 40 days to go and he's walked right into the mouse trap Hillary sprung for him. He doesn't even realize it.

It's not surprising, but it's still unfathomably dumb.

Liberals. We're the worst.

Bad Nate Tweets that Hillary has bounced back bigly, and the comments are all bitching about how it's going to breed complacency.

we're all trash.

Liberals/left are constantly challenging and questioning themselves, while Conservatives/right fall in line, always (lol Ted Cruz)

It's why I think that side is better overall, but also why they don't win as often.

mclem

Maybe Trump's microphone was cursed like in one of those Goosebumps books you used to read as a kid; he said nothing but nice stuff, but the microphone warped it into something racist, poorly informed, and borderline nonsensical.

While that's an endearing thought, it led me down an unpleasant train of thought where I thought about Goosebumps, then I thought about Goosetrumps, then I thought about Goosing Trump. And now MAKE THE BAD THOUGHTS STOP.

dramatis

In Search of Donald Trump's New York Campaign [The Atlantic]
If nothing else, Trump’s interest in winning New York is more than a simple applause line for local supporters. He has directed his campaign to come up with a game plan, and his campaign has, in turn, reached out to supporters like King to talk about implementing it. King said he got calls in early September from officials at Trump’s Manhattan headquarters who spoke about opening offices and asked him for recommendations on staffers to hire.

“Paid employees they’re talking about,” King told me. Fred Dicker, the prominent (and now-former) columnist for the New York Post, reported that the Trump campaign was soon to announce that it would open 10 operation centers in the state to conduct phone banking, direct mail, and other get-out-the-vote efforts. But three weeks later, that news has yet to come.

Other senior Trump backers in New York offered similar assurances: Plans have been approved, they said, and Trump’s commitment to competing in the state is real. But exactly what those plans are remains a mystery, an electoral version of Trump’s infamous “secret” strategy to defeat the Islamic State. “I will confirm that Donald Trump has instructed me as his state chairman to win New York state. And I will confirm that we have a pathway to do that,” said Carl Paladino, who ran a Trump-like campaign as the GOP nominee for governor in 2010, which he lost to Cuomo by 30 points. “What I can’t tell you is what our plan is, because that would be telling Hillary Clinton what our plan is.”
Paladino did, however, provide some insight into the campaign’s thinking about the state. The key to victory, he said, is winning crossover Democrats and independents in upstate New York and Long Island. Those are the so-called Reagan Democrats whose political views are similar to working-class voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio, where Trump is more competitive. Paladino and King cited polling that showed Trump running close to Clinton in Long Island and in traditionally Democratic counties upstate. A Siena College poll conducted for Newsday and released last week found Trump leading by four in Long Island’s two counties, and Paladino pointed to a survey conducted for a local race that showed Clinton and Trump running neck-and-neck in Cheektowaga, an upstate suburb of Buffalo where Democrats strongly outnumber Republicans.
Yet winning upstate and even Long Island only gets you so far. To win the Empire State, Trump would need the millions of Democratic voters in and around New York City to sit out the election. Paladino said Trump would win Staten Island, the most conservative of the five boroughs that is home to many of the city’s cops and firefighters. And he said Trump is “running very well” in parts of Queens and Brooklyn—enough to overcome what he predicted would be a weak turnout of liberals for Clinton in the city’s Democratic strongholds.

That is Trump’s path to victory. As a strategy, it resembles a football team trying for a last-second touchdown with five lateral passes on the final play. Democrats find Trump’s excitement about New York more amusing than anything else. “He may do better in areas of upstate New York,” said Representative Steve Israel, the Long Island Democrat, “but I don’t see even a puddle of support for him in my district.” Israel said he had seen no sign of Trump campaign activity on Long Island, joking if there were any organizers, “they are all in the Witness Protection Program.”
He probably thinks he's the king of Manhattan.

160929202055-ruline-hillary-clinton-meeting-overlay-tease.jpg

Who run the world?

Zukkoyaki

Did they like... Not include a neither option?

Also it's from a super conservative source and has Clinton +4 in the four-way. Good poll!

Fladam

I think the last time I watched a full episode was the Trump one. And before that it would have been Betty White.

The Betty White episode is the most joyous SNL of all time and gets a rewatch in my home every year.
"You're barking up the wrong lesbian."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom