• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

From Clinton's Press Secretary.. amazing.

@brianefallon:

omhCWPW.gif

Teggy

From the meltdown thread:

dTb4Ha.png

IT CONTINUES

"Sources say" is fake, but "many people are saying," totally true!

also, damn good point:

Sam BiddleVerified account
‏@samfbiddle
if someone isn’t trying to get a comment from Thiel his candidate inviting public to view an unpublished sex tape, you’re dropping the ball

Iolo

Regarding the Trump aide, here's the full story from Bloomberg this morning.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...out-sex-tape-as-campaign-struggles-to-regroup

A Florida Trump aide resigned Monday because she said she's uncomfortable with the lack of progress in the campaign. “It is clear the campaign is now going in a direction I am no longer comfortable with and I have decided to move on,” said Healy Baumgardner, who had established herself early on as a public face of the campaign on TV, then saw her role shift to Florida following several campaign shake-ups.

Baumgardner, a 20-year political operative who has worked on four presidential campaigns, said she looks forward “to honorably casting my vote for Mr. Trump on Election Day.”
The campaign’s Trump Talk phone banking system is experiencing technical difficulties, said Florida campaign workers who requested anonymity out of fear of getting fired for speaking publicly. The lack of basic campaign staples such as yard signs and bumper stickers forces staff to repeatedly turn away excited Trump backers who want to show their support. There’s disagreement about spending $40,000 to wrap an RV in campaign advertising for a women’s bus tour in Florida.

And for all you Ivanka apologists:

Inside Trump Tower on Thursday, the nominee’s daughter Ivanka greeted campaign CEO Steve Bannon with a big smile and broke into a comfortable conversation with him.

If that H2H Gravis number is included in the aggregates it's going to fuck them up something fierce, haha.

538 uses the four way when possible, and Gravis only has a B+, so it's not going to carry a lot of weight anyway. And will be adjusted in Hillary's favor.

With no trends to build from this poll, it won't mess up the model at all. Or shouldn't, at least.

stuart stevens @stuartpstevens 15m
Just a remind to Trump staff: you don't have to do this.

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs 1h
Florida Trump aide @healybaum resigned Monday. "It is clear the campaign is now going in a direction I am no longer comfortable with."

Now she's comfortable with the direction of the campaign. Before Monday, it was all yippy skippy.

Yard signs and bumper stickers are terrible. Anyone involved in a campaign for a period of time knows how little they buy you. You want volunteers and their hours or cash, not passive rah-rah from well-to-do suburbanites.

Bumper Stickers can be cool for no other reason than to see beat up old cars with "Clinton/Gore" stickers on them, or some vintage Trump stickers from before he had a slogan and branding.

They can be kind of nostalgic. Especially some of the Obama/Biden 2008 stickers I still see occasionally.

Or you get the beat up rust bucket truck with its NRA stickers and don't tread on me, and it's got Bush/Cheney, McCain/Palin, Romney/Ryan, Trump (flying solo) and Trump/Pence on it and you really get a good understanding of who that person is.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Liberals. We're the worst.

Bad Nate Tweets that Hillary has bounced back bigly, and the comments are all bitching about how it's going to breed complacency.

we're all trash.
Liberals were a mistake.

Also, melt down was a success, no one is talking about foundation, embargo cash, or tax returns this morning :p

Yeah for what it is worth I think this meltdown turns out better for him than if his surrogates had to go on TV and continue to incriminate him since they don't have a handle on the other stories.

Not that this is a planned move or anything-that goes against the Trump Razor, i.e. the most stupid reason is most likely the correct one.

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton
What kind of man stays up all night to smear a woman with lies and conspiracy theories?

wheeeeee. going to hear that line on repeat all day.

pigeon

Banned
Liberals were a mistake.

Also, melt down was a success, no one is talking about foundation, embargo cash, or tax returns this morning :p

The most important audience for the Trump Foundation story is the New York Attorney General's office. They've basically got it on Google Alert to figure out what to do with their investigation next.

‏@HillaryClinton
Alicia deserves praise for courageously standing up to Trump's attacks. And he has the gall to blame her—and say he "helped"?

‏@HillaryClinton
When something gets under Donald's thin skin, he lashes out and can't let go. This is dangerous for a president.

‏@HillaryClinton
Alicia deserves praise for courageously standing up to Trump's attacks. And he has the gall to blame her—and say he "helped"?

‏@HillaryClinton
When something gets under Donald's thin skin, he lashes out and can't let go. This is dangerous for a president.

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 2m2 minutes ago

Regardless of how badly he performs in the election, there's something to be said for Trump's approach to put out fires during a campaign-instead of smothering it and then having to proverbially stomp out the embers over time, you instead throw jet fuel (melts through steel btw!) on the thing and let it burn so hot that the room runs out of oxygen.

Regardless of how badly he performs in the election, there's something to be said for Trump's approach to put out fires during a campaign-instead of smothering it and then having to proverbially stomp out the embers over time, you instead throw jet fuel (melts through steel btw!) on the thing and let it burn so hot that the room runs out of oxygen.

Except then all the shit gets brought up on the debate and he never stopped to think for a couple of seconds how to actually respond to this shit. All he did was buy himself time, then did nothing to prepare for it.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder if this is Donald's sick way of hiding from the Cuba and Foundation stories. "I'll be a sexist instead, that's cool, right?"

Except then all the shit gets brought up on the debate and he never stopped to think for a couple of seconds how to actually respond to this shit. All he did was buy himself time, then did nothing to prepare for it.

I think that first debate proves that, unfortunately, he does not see the problem in his own logic.

I wonder if this is Donald's sick way of hiding from the Cuba and Foundation stories. "I'll be a sexist instead, that's cool, right?"

People have speculated about that but these last tweets aren't some kind of seventh level chess. Trump's furious that a woman got the best of him and he's lashing out at 3:00 AM like a heart-broken kid.

kevin1025

Banned
People have speculated about that but these last tweets aren't some kind of seventh level chess. Trump's furious that a woman got the best of him and he's lashing out at 3:00 AM like a heart-broken kid.

Yeah, you're right. Best to never overthink a thing Donald Trump does.

I keep thinking there has to be some weird type of brilliance to any move he makes, but really, it's just he's a nightmare person.

Vyse24

Trump obsessively bullies Rosie O'Donnell—an accomplished actor. He insulted Kim Kardashian for her weight—when she was pregnant. Pathetic.

We've heard Donald's insults for years, and his policies reflect this disregard—even contempt—for women.

Trump on equal pay: "Do as good a job" as men.

Abortion? Should be "punished."

Pregnancy? An "inconvenience."

Wives working? "Dangerous."

Goin for that TKO.

Cyanity

Banned

I think that first debate proves that, unfortunately, he does not see the problem in his own logic.

I don't know if "unfortunately" is the right descriptor for that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom