• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

I've come to realize our children are just not gonna believe this election really happened. When the inevitable movie/Netflix series comes out, no one will be able to understand how any of this really, truly took place.

We are living through bizarre history that will feel even more bizarre going forward. Truly magical.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So the obvious attack line is something like:

"So, he loses a billion dollars in one year through multiple business failures - a billion! - and he gets rewarded with 18 years worth of tax credits? How is that fair? Not only does this show just how bad of a businessman Donald really is, it shows why we need the rich to start paying more in taxes."

Double whammy on Trump trashing and a tax policy proposal.

Dadddddy Moooook

Hey I was pretty close.

I've come to realize our children are just not gonna believe this election really happened. When the inevitable movie/Netflix series comes out, no one will be able to understand how any of this really, truly took place.

We are living through bizarre history that will feel even more bizarre going forward. Truly magical.

What if this becomes the norm and our children can't believe that Presidential campaigns weren't waged through twitter?

Wilsongt

Was the statement from the Trump Campaign posted yet? If not, here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/01/us/politics/donald-trump-letter.html

So... Trump lost a billion dollars in a year and his retort is... Emails?

latest

I still don't see this hurting him all that much, though.

Of course Hillary's recording is trending on Facebook and not Trump's taxes.

Bowdz

So... Trump lost a billion dollars in a year and his retort is... Emails?

latest

I still don't see this hurting him all that much, though.

I think the killshot (beyond the drip drip) will be in the second debate when Hillary gets under his skin with this by calling him an objectively bad businessman who probably doesn't make as much as he claims.

stupei

Posted the link on Facebook. Immediately got comments from former classmates still back in Ohio saying how everyone does their best to avoid paying taxes, don't they, and it's the system that's corrupt, not Trump. (The system you just said you make use of? What?)

One guy I don't even know showed up to say that he always tries to pay as few taxes as he can but also blah blah Hillary is just going to usher in all these welfare people who refuse to work.

How is someone going to complain about where my tax money is going (since I actually pay) and also call anyone else lazy when he's admitting to doing his best to game the system?

These people are seriously in their own reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom