• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
jc5yQVX.png

It is still sinking in for me just how much these tax revelations blow up so many of Trump's arguments for his candidacy..

he lost that money right in the economic boom too.

Slizeezyc

Posted the link on Facebook. Immediately got comments from former classmates still back in Ohio saying how everyone does their best to avoid paying taxes, don't they, and it's the system that's corrupt, not Trump. (The system you just said you make use of? What?)

One guy I don't even know showed up to say that he always tries to pay as few taxes as he can but also blah blah Hillary is just going to usher in all these welfare people who refuse to work.

How is someone going to complain about where my tax money is going (since I actually pay) and also call anyone else lazy when he's admitting to doing his best to game the system?

These people are seriously in their own reality.

This is the general circular logic I assumed would happen in some circles.

The greatest thing about all of this is that there is absolutely no way for him to explain this away.

Any explanation he could give will not be trusted without the receipts. His whole businessman angle is completely ruined and all he has left is arguing that since he has spent his life abusing the system he is the best person to trust in fixing it. That argument likely has a tipping point where your exploitive behavior is viewed as antithetical to any believability of being a reformer and I cannot imagine a situation where this doesn't pass that threshold.

All he has left now is tearing Clinton down and he is going to go HAM.

Loudninja

Is kinda irritating how some people trying to claim this tax stuff is nothing when he made a big deal about this stuff for the longest.

Slizeezyc

Is kinda irritating how some people trying to claim this tax stuff is nothing when he made a big deal about this stuff for the longest.

On my own position, I think it's a big deal but I just thought he was full of shit on this front for so long that's it's almost like nothing to me because I think "well, yeah, duh."

I am also going with HRC campaign should put out more positive ads that highlight:
1. College costs plan
2. Expanded National Service plan
3. Childcare plans

To really kill it off.

Boke1879

If he doesn't say anything tonight he will tomorrow. Someone is telling him about this.

No way he lets something like this get out. especially with them saying he lost damn near a billion with out saying something.

Is this meant to be an example of something Trump says back or an example of something that would (wouldn't) be effective as a counterattack.

I have trouble imagining him having the discipline to memorize the year any specific thing happened. I doubt he even knows the year(s) he got married.

If he doesn't say anything tonight he will tomorrow. Someone is telling him about this.

No way he lets something like this get out. especially with them saying he lost damn near a billion with out saying something.

He knew about this before it went live, the NYT explicitly said that the Trump campaign tried to prevent it from being published.

That was a good deal he lost $900+ million of other people's money and ended up net positive. Remember how he recently boasted about using other people's money?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's like he got stabbed, shot, poisoned, cut, burned, electrocuted, and frozen to death--then decided to hang himself for no goddamned reason.

Emarv

literally every sunday morning talk show is rewriting their schedule for tomorrow. and then they'll rewrite it again when trump tweets about it early tomorrow morning.

Trump is incredible because he punishes us for not staying awake 24/7 to see whenever he plans on tweeting.step away from your phone for a few hours? he already made more news, sucker

royalan

I am also going with HRC campaign should put out more positive ads that highlight:
1. College costs plan
2. Expanded National Service plan
3. Childcare plans

To really kill it off.

I have to give Hillary credit. I've been channel surfing all day, the ONLY HfA ad I've seen all day is the Children one....

Toxi

Banned
It's like he got stabbed, shot, poisoned, cut, burned, electrocuted, and frozen to death--then decided to hang himself for no goddamned reason.
If Rasputin were alive he'd be wondering how Trump's still standing (While also wondering what the fuck happened to Russia in the past century).

"My husband grew the economy for everyone in 1995, while you were losing a $1 billion."

This is actually a great point in the sense that there was pretty high GDP growth then compared to what we've seen in the 2010s and can expect to see. Yet he still couldn't make money in hospitality, an industry that should do well in a good economy.

Wilsongt

The spin will be that Democrats are sitting on 20 trillion dollars in debt, owe so much money to China, have crumbling roads, owe Iran over a billion dollars, destroyed the middle class, etc, etc, etc.

Business lose money all the time. You gotta spend money to make money, etc.

Bowdz

The spin will be that Democrats are sitting on 20 trillion dollars in debt, owe so much money to China, have crumbling roads, owe Iran over a billion dollars, destroyed the middle class, etc, etc, etc.

lDeFG3R.gif

So you're saying that Hillary is already President.

Geg

So catch me up a bit, why were people saying earlier that now Trump won't know who to trust? Did the tax return stuff leak from his campaign?

Emarv

lol. 1) he got nothing. 2) of course they're basically just openly coordinating with Assange now.

So catch me up a bit, why were people saying earlier that now Trump won't know who to trust? Did the tax return stuff leak from his campaign?

NYT reports that the letter that including the tax returns had a return address that said Trump Tower on it.

royalan

I'm not really concerned about the spin.

A middle-schooler could spin this if you gave them enough time.

It's the ability to sell ridiculous spin that matters.

Spinning a 1 billion dollar loss into a positive would be a hurdle even for a polished, charismatic politician. And that ain't Donald Trump or anyone stumping for him. He hasn't been able to convince anyone but his Deplorables of anything since the general election started. He's not going to suddenly turn into a master politician over this.

I look forward to his campaign trying to dig themselves out of this one only to dig deeper. And the media has been WAITING for this. So spin away, y'all.

glata3W.gif

Zukkoyaki

Remember in June when Assange said they had material that would indict Clinton? Nothing

DNC email leak ahead of the DNC in July? Nothing

Claims that Hillary had ties to ISIS? Nothing

DNC email leak in September? Nothing

Even Assange has shut up and been quiet for weeks and we all know what a hype man he is.

Holmes

Roger Stone or Wikileaks have fuck all. They're panicking with this tax story that they want to pretend they have something on Hillary to get people to pay attention to them.

Emarv

Remember, Trump has 7 days to get his story straight before the 2nd debate. Raddatz and Anderson Cooper will not let him off the hook on this. He won't escape follow-up on this question like he might have with Chris Wallace or even Lester Holt. They will press him and press him and so will Hillary.

Trump has 7 days to become a politician and nail down a great way to spin this in front of 50 million people.

Do you honestly believe he can do it? Yeah, me neither.

Zukkoyaki

Roger Stone or Wikileaks have fuck all. They're panicking with this tax story that they want to pretend they have something on Hillary to get people to pay attention to them.
Wikileaks nor Assange have said a single thing either and we all know how much they love to hype shit. They've got nothing.

And if they did they would have released it already to stem the post-debate bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom