• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit that was good

after watching that, just realized that other trump impersonations have always lacked trump's signature stream of shit style.

It's hard to write how incoherent Trump actually is. Trump can change the topic four or five times in a single sentence. This guy does it better than anyone else.

And his debate prep looks pretty similar to the actual debate prep Trump did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZjqJEh3F5Q

Chichikov

What's the deal with people using bias as an adjective now, it's "biased"
Bias is an adjective though.

2maGCTa.png

N7VWY2M.png

But seriously, this is pretty normal, "biased" ends with an /st/ consonant cluster and those things are getting dropped in speech all the fucking time, I'm willing to bet you do it too.
Now combine this with the fact that nouns can act as adjectives in English and it's pretty understandable why people use this non-standard spelling, and really, it's nothing to get worked up about. It's not like it can cause any confusion.
It's almost certainly going to get more popular too.

thebloo

What I want as an after-Election story is what the hell happened to Trump.

He was always a verbose asshole, but he was coherent. The difference between 2000 and right now is huge. Yeah, he got old, but it's like a different person. Hair Mouse might be real!

According to Roger Stone, Wikileaks has something devastating in mind for Hillary, that they didn't think to use on Tuesday, after one of her best nights of the election..

So apparently Twitter (read: Trump fans) blew up at Chicago Cubs pitcher Jon Lester before the debate, thinking it was Lester Holt...

I'll never get this mentality for as long as I live.

"I'm so angry at this thing or person that someone mentioned off hand or I heard about on the news for 5 seconds, but I still don't care enough to Google for 10 seconds, but fuck it! I need to attack them and possibly send them death threats!"

johnsmith

remember me
The PA rally was amazing
The rally started more than an hour and 40 minutes late because heavy fog delayed Trump’s arrival. His supporters grew tired of his looping musical playlist, at one point chanting: “Turn it off! Turn it off!”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ipt-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/?client=safari

He is completely tilted right now, as bad as he's ever been.

Trump continued: “She could be crazy. She could actually be crazy.”

“You’re unsuspecting,” Trump said. “Right now, you say to your wife: ‘Let’s go to a movie after Trump.’ But you won’t do that because you’ll be so high and so excited that no movie is going to satisfy you. Okay? No movie. You know why? Honestly? Because they don’t make movies like they used to — is that right?”

Yeah, she's the one crazy.

Pixieking

Banned
The PA rally was amazing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ipt-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/?client=safari

He is completely tilted right now, as bad as he's ever been.

He has completely lost it... 1 week until the Town Hall debate, and he can't even give a coherent message. All he had to do was read a statement, and he couldn't do it.

At this point, if he literally wet himself at the Town Hall I would not be surprised.
“You’re unsuspecting,” Trump said. “Right now, you say to your wife: ‘Let’s go to a movie after Trump.’ But you won’t do that because you’ll be so high and so excited that no movie is going to satisfy you. Okay? No movie. You know why? Honestly? Because they don’t make movies like they used to — is that right?”

Trump subtly referencing Gaslight there. :p

Also, if Clinton passes ANY trade deal as President she will lose 2020
if she was popular, she could probably get away with passing one. i bet obama's approval rating largely stays unchanged if it passes during lame duck. if both parties don't rid themselves of their anti trade sentiments, we won't be able to have any president pass trade deals for a while.

Eh, not really. It's a subject that most people don't care about. If you get someone like Bernie or Liz to vouch for it, it'll be ok.
They're helping to win the election. But given past behaviour I see no reason to think they'd be willing to help sell the TPP or TTIP, the latter of which probably will fall to a President H. Clinton's term.

thebloo

They're helping to win the election. But given past behaviour I see no reason to think they'd be willing to help sell the TPP or TTIP, the latter of which probably will fall to a President H. Clinton's term.

Just like they did with the party platform. Some tweaks, some easy to understand topics that help the "working American" and they could be on board. She won't be able to pass them anyway without support. I'm just saying that if she gets those guys to support her, it's not a losing fight.

Just like they did with the party platform. Some tweaks, some easy to understand topics that help the "working American" and they could be on board. She won't be able to pass them anyway without support. I'm just saying that if she gets those guys to support her, it's not a losing fight.
Because they were so amenable to the current President. If she passes trade deals it will have to be with the open economy-friendly GOP. However much of that is remaining at least.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
One thing I don't get:

The person who sent these tax returns wrote Trump Tower's address as the return address. Why do people assume it was sent from Trump Tower? Anybody who had these could have just written it on the envelope.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them. #failing@nytimes

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 15m15 minutes ago
I have created tens of thousands of jobs and will bring back great American prosperity. Hillary has only created jobs at the FBI and DOJ!

I want Anderson Cooper to ask Trump a direct question about basic personal income taxes at the next debate-one so simple that most Americans could answer. Call him out for that tweet since it's absolute nonsense.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Scottie Nell Hughes is straight-up shook on CNN this morning. Trump surrogates never fail to entertain. She feels that Trump's history for exploiting tax loopholes makes him the idea person to close the tax loopholes. And then she just deflected him mocking a sick woman.

Zukkoyaki

Yeah... He's already admitted to not paying taxes but doing nothing to deny the NYTimes story aaaaaand he's basically admitted that he's losing in the polls. Good times!

thebloo

The idea of a Presidential candidate waking up on a Sunday morning and just going through a massive stream of tweets is fucking hilarious.

"Oh, this is a good one. Retweet. I am actually winning! Christie, where's my KFC?"

Vyse24

How much pressure do you think Pence is under to win the debate on Tuesday? If Kaine is declared the winner of that one, I'm sure Trump will desperately be trying to find loopholes that'll allow him to pick a new VP.

Zukkoyaki

I'm starting to think the VP debate will essentially be a draw.

That isn't a knock on Tim Kaine either, he may be a former discrimination lawyer going up against a bigoted piece of garbage but Pence is very intelligent and calculating. I think he will do a better job than most would think.

Hair spider just leaked a page of Daddy's tax returns so Ivanka can run in four years.

In all seriousness, NYT just gave Hillary her closing argument: the game is rigged, and DJT is not the solution. He's the problem.

I am catching up on everything now. What a morning!

Thank you Adam and Timpani and others for chiming on in the recap as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm starting to think the VP debate will essentially be a draw.

That isn't a knock on Tim Kaine either, he may be a former discrimination lawyer going up against a bigoted piece of garbage but Pence is very intelligent and calculating. I think he will do a better job than most would think.

It's not going to matter since Wednesday's media cycle will be dominated by the new revelations about Hillary Clinton's stand-down order in Ben Ghazi.

Tamanon

Banned
I think the VP debate will be a big ol' nothingburger. The VP debate only matters when there's a real personality clash there. This time, you get two toned-down, normal politicians. The fireworks are all on the Presidential level.

Ppl saying tax came from Clinton camp
Was Sunday RWALLY the time to leak it?

They didn't leak it Sunday.

It was sent to NYT long time back, NYT went up with it Saturday night.

On the VP debate, there will be more questions about Trump and Clinton than actual policy I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom