• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

The thing too about Q is that they are in the field for 2 weeks at a time. Hard to catch any sort of trend or swing with that long a time in the field.

Gruco

Banned
Can we just all take a moment to marvel in what the last 7 days have given us?

1) The debate was a dumpster fire for Trump.
2) Trump's twitter storm on Alicia Machado.
3) His poll numbers are cratering.
4) His insane LITERALLY INSANE rally in PA.
5) Attacking Hillary for not being faithful to Bill.
6) His taxes.
7) He lost a billion dollars.
8) His foundation is basically being shut down and investigated.

I MEAN WHAT!?

He also thinks PTSD is for losers, hates vets

Iolo

The thing too about Q is that they are in the field for 2 weeks at a time. Hard to catch any sort of trend or swing with that long a time in the field.

In this case it was 1 week (Sep 27 - Oct 2) although it does not say whether all states were surveyed over that entire time.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If Jordan had endorsed Hilary in Ohio she would be up 10...Thx for nothing Lebron #Notjordan

;)

seriously though, wtf Ohio

Iolo

Ct3MZOqVYAAHAe9.jpg

here come dat baio

Both Hillary (+4) and Trump (+5) have gained in NC. Johnson's number cut in half from 15 to 7.

Johnson at his lowest yet in FL (-3). Stein steady, but at her lowest (2). Hillary gained 3. Trump lost 2.

In Ohio, Hillary gained 5, but still not quite where she was in August (44%). Trump gained 8. Johnson, again, had his numbers cut in half from 14 to 6.

In Pennsylvania, Hillary gained 1. Still below her high in August (48%). Trump gained 2. Johnson's number cut in about half from 9 to 5. Stein down 1 from 3 to 2.

We're really seeing the collapse of the third party.

OmniOne

Both Hillary (+4) and Trump (+5) have gained in NC. Johnson's number cut in half from 15 to 7.

Johnson at his lowest yet in FL (-3). Stein steady, but at her lowest (2). Hillary gained 3. Trump lost 2.

In Ohio, Hillary gained 5, but still not quite where she was in August (44%). Trump gained 8. Johnson, again, had his numbers cut in half from 14 to 6.

In Pennsylvania, Hillary gained 1. Still below her high in August (48%). Trump gained 2. Johnson's number cut in about half from 9 to 5. Stein down 1 from 3 to 2.

We're really seeing the collapse of the third party.

Excellent. Indicates peolple recognize a third party vote is a wasted vote. Let's hope Hillary gets more of these voters than Trump.

Emarv

I'm cool with those numbers. Just keep slowly pushing your lead, Clinton.

I'm less worried about Ohio short-term than I am long-term. I'm really, really curious if this is the beginning of a strong shift for the state as a whole.

Gruco

Banned
Lol, me too. Good for him, although sucks for Buzzfeed.

TBH I don't think Buzzfeed has any business trying to play towards political news. Hard-hitting reporting just isn't compatible with a brand that made it's name on "Which top ten kitten picture are you? The answer to this quiz may surprise you"

I guess it's unfair because they've made a lot of good hires and have reported well on the election, but it's easy to see why basically anyone with serious ambitions would get the hell out of dodge ASAP.

===

Anywho, remember that time the GOP nominee tried to still a vets charity out of a million dollars? Then spent a week attacking a Gold Star family for reading the constitution? And then went to a vets org and made a public, condescending mockery of their most serious issue?

Debirudog

Clinton needs to do something public with Lebron. Play some hoops and then a speech from the man himself. I dunno, get the word out there.

HylianTom

Banned
Bright side to Ohio going red:
If Ohio goes red while she wins comfortably, they won't be able to brag about how electorally important they are anymore.

I hope those numbers hold. Ross ousting Burr would be massive.
It'd bode incredibly well for our Senate chances.
- WI
- IL
- PA
- NC

Then there are Indiana and Nevada and New Hampshire that are still possible..

teiresias

Silver's model added the new CO numbers. It's still weighting older, lower graded polls with higher weights.

Don't worry that new Ohio poll result will get added with the highest weight possible I'm sure.

Clinton needs to do something public with Lebron. Play some hoops and then a speech from the man himself. I dunno, get the word out there.

And risk breaking a hip on camera?

Emarv

Bright side to Ohio going red:
If Ohio goes red while she wins comfortably, they won't be able to brag about how electorally important they are anymore.

Don't worry. 4 years from now Paul Ryan will see them as his key to victory and won't shut up about it.

HylianTom

Banned
Don't worry. 4 years from now Paul Ryan will see them as his key to victory and won't shut up about it.
I hope she hugs him and smiles very broadly for pictures when they meet in public - GOP primary voters will eat it up. Same for Marco. Talk about how wonderful it was to work with these fine gentlemen in getting a budget passed. =P

Boke1879

Nah, he gave his endorsement, she'll be in his hometown later today. He may do something with her. Other than that we can only hope her surrogates and her ground game or on point.

Personally I'd be playing that new ad Clinton released in OH as often as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom