• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

As an Arizonan I think there's too much GOP fuckery going on RE: vote suppression for us to be competitive, but our mail in ballots should be here soon and our house will be putting 4 votes drop Hillary down.

Today's battleground polls:
CO: Clinton +11
FL: Clinton +5
NC: Clinton +3
NC: Clinton +1
OH: Trump +5
PA: Clinton +4

As I said, this would pretty much be a realignment election if this holds.

If Selzer is such a good fucking pollster why do they include Stein in NC when she isn't even on the ballot?

Emarv

My prediction. Ohio is trash and we should kick it out of the union.

2RDxo.png

Gotta say, it's feels very empowering living in a swing state for a change. Granted, I voted absentee in '12 for Virginia, but going to school in Massachusetts made it feel very distant and detached.

Before that, I had the double democratic displeasure of being too young to vote and living in Wyoming so my vote wouldn't have meant jack shit anyway.

Emarv

I really hope we start to see increasingly delirious maps from Trump supporters leading up to election day. I kinda miss that from the primary.

The maps we were seeing from Trump supporters during the RNC were some of my favorite things of the summer.

It does seem likely that Trump will continue to have a ton of bad PR going forward, and even worse debate performances, so who's knows what these polls will look like 3-4 weeks from now.

Slayven

Every time I take a mid day nap I wake up to some horrible news for trump. Hell I slept through the debate and look what happened

mo60

I really hope we start to see increasingly delirious maps from Trump supporters leading up to election day. I kinda miss that from the primary.

Well right now they think trump's going to win this election because of some poll that is showing trump leading by a few points nationally right now.

Gotta say, it's feels very empowering living in a swing state for a change. Granted, I voted absentee in '12 for Virginia, but going to school in Massachusetts made it feel very distant and detached.

Before that, I had the double democratic displeasure of being too young to vote and living in Wyoming so my vote wouldn't have meant jack shit anyway.

In Wyoming, your vote is proportionally worth more than anywhere else in the country. You could have gotten like 12 friends together and shifted the entire state blue.

starmud

Has Ohio really changed that much in a cycle or what's driving the anger/change drive in Ohio? Winning college whites seems to say people are willing to hold their nose for trumps type of messaging.

Or maybe Ohio really is trapped in the 90's and it's not Clinton friendly lol... if it is the one fall out it's going to be interesting as to why.

NC has a really short clock for Trump to catch up to. Early voting here starts in a couple of weeks and the state has huge amounts of voters that do vote early.

Also Dems here have their crap together and HB2 has everyone pissed off (see the McRory/Cooper numbers).

In Wyoming, your vote is proportionally worth more than anywhere else in the country. You could have gotten like 12 friends together and shifted the entire state blue.
To be fair, I did live in the only county that went blue in '08. Always felt a bit like living in a Fallout Vault surrounded by the devastated red wasteland of the rest of the state.

NeoXChaos

Has Ohio really changed that much in a cycle or what's driving the anger/change drive in Ohio? Winning college whites seems to say people are willing to hold their nose for trumps type of messaging.

Or maybe Ohio really is trapped in the 90's and it's not Clinton friendly lol... if it is the one fall out it's going to be interesting as to why.

Read Kyle Kondiks article. He explains it well. It's a good read

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cr...ll-do-better-in-ohio-than-he-does-nationally/
David Jarman ‏@DavidLJarman 12m12 minutes ago
@kkondik In Oct. 31, 2012 Qpac crosstabs Romney was +9 w/college whites, only +2 w/NCWs

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 2m2 minutes ago
Kyle Kondik Retweeted David Jarman
Right. Q poll from late 2012 compared to now shows Trump basically running same as Romney w/ college whites and way ahead among non-col

Pyrokai

Can't believe what's going on in Ohio. I was just out for a walk yesterday and saw TONS of Clinton signs and thought things were on the up and up. I'm so disappointed in my state right now.

I guess my Columbus bubble is real, lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd be curious to know how much Tim Kaine plays into the Virginia numbers, if at all.

Wiz

Reading some of these EC predictions, what's the deal with the NE & ME districts? Has there been any polling to show they will swing one way or another this year?

Btw, I think Hillary will get 323 to Donald's 215.

Obama 2012 - Iowa - Ohio + NC

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Trump doing two rallies in Colorado today. I love that new poll, but I want to see him give it up here. He's been visiting too often.

Am kind of interested to see how his Pueblo Rally went today. That's a big Hispanic community.

What else is he up to this week? Is there any indication that he's doing more prep work for the debate this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom