• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Apologies if this was already posted..

@ASeitzWald (NBC News)
Clinton camp announces $30 million digital ad buy targeting youth, Latino and African American voters.

She's got money to burn, and margins among millennials to improve. I just hope she saves some cash for a few primetime blocks in early November.

thebloo

If Obama rarely played the race card in 2008, why does Hillary frequently play the woman card?

jaden-smith-1.jpg

So the reason you can't compare the Iowa numbers is that the SoS was delayed in terms of sending out ballots compared to 2012 (where Dems are way down) and 2014 (where the GOP is way down). Michael McDonald suggests both parties just started mobilization because of that (remember, the Iowa SoS has a TON of discretion with early voting dates). So we aren't seeing a 1 to 1 comparison.

So the reason you can't compare the Iowa numbers is that the SoS was delayed in terms of sending out ballots compared to 2012 (where Dems are way down) and 2014 (where the GOP is way down). Michael McDonald suggests both parties just started mobilization because of that (remember, the Iowa SoS has a TON of discretion with early voting dates). So we aren't seeing a 1 to 1 comparison.
Yeah but Iowa's a lost cause

Lol. The protests weren't even that violent. They were mostly peaceful, and there was one small section that got violent for a brief period of time.

But yeah, warning about drugs during riots reminds me of how we made marijuana illegal specifically because we wanted to stop blacks from getting reefer madness and raping white women. Lol.

Actually, wait, not lol, the remarkable similarity between past racism and contemporary politics is very alarming.

Stay calm, Spoiled Milk. You're a joke character, you're not supposed to feel anything.

I think it is!
I see Iowa similarly to how North Carolina was treated in 2012 where everyone* wrote it off even though it ended up being pretty close. If Clinton reclaims a strong national lead (moving in the direction of the NBC/WSJ poll, for example) I think she wins it. That being said it's easily the first Obama 2012 state to go Trump, if any.

I'd like more polls before declaring anything. 8 point Trump lead from Monmouth is discouraging, 8 point Trump lead from Ipsos/Reuters is garbage.

Edit: Speak of the devil, Quinnipiac releasing Iowa, Georgia, Virginia, Colorado polls today at 3 (est).

Is this their first time in Georgia?

NeoXChaos

I see Iowa similarly to how North Carolina was treated in 2012 where everyone* wrote it off even though it ended up being pretty close. If Clinton reclaims a strong national lead (moving in the direction of the NBC/WSJ poll, for example) I think she wins it. That being said it's easily the first Obama 2012 state to go Trump, if any.

I'd like more polls before declaring anything. 8 point Trump lead from Monmouth is discouraging, 8 point Trump lead from Ipsos/Reuters is garbage.

Edit: Speak of the devil, Quinnipiac releasing Iowa, Georgia, Virginia, Colorado polls today at 3 (est).

Is this their first time in Georgia?

Qunnipac is definitely pro Hillary

Paskil

The debates OTs are going to be a big fat mess, folks.

I'm hearing from a lot of people that the second debate thread will be a great OT. The greatest OT. The second debate thread is going to be so great, you're going to be sick of great debate threads, this I promise you.

Qunnipac is definitely pro Hillary
I wouldn't say that. They were pushing polls hard that had Clinton tied with GOP candidates while Biden or Bernie would be up 20 or whatever.

Politico has an article about how Trump is spending virtually nothing on TV ads. But this is what stuck out to me:

The Clinton campaign, on the other hand, continues to advertise heavily in eight targeted states: Arizona, Florida, Iowa, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania, while also, at times, running national advertisements. (The campaign’s investments in Arizona, which has voted Republican in 15 of the last 16 presidential elections, are much smaller than in the other states.)

Although it's smaller, Clinton still running ads in Arizona sounds like good news considering it was announced as merely being a test buy at first.

Zukkoyaki

Q is a good pollster but they've definitely been a little friendlier to Trump than most.

Also: Lol at that Suffolk FL poll. Trump winning 18-34 and getting 30% minority vote and still only being +1? I know Florida will be close but I still like team blue's chances.

Emarv

Clinton camp was smart to push out the Between Two Ferns episode on the day when she's not campaigning. Let that compensate for her time off to prep for the debate.

Every so often I'm like "Oh yeah, this is how a functional campaign should work."

Ecotic

I wish Hillary's campaign would get back on the air in Virginia and Colorado. I don't trust the supposed leads in those states when they were so close in 2012. I know most here disagree but I don't think they should be taken for granted. The campaign surely has enough money to cover every swing state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom