• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bad thing about all this is that when Trump loses, the GOP might blame it on this scandal and not the xenophobic and regressive policies they've been pushing.

2019/2020 is a mess of people that are going to get bodied.

-Scott Walker: Polled at 0% in September before dropping out.
-Ben Sasse: Good luck winning when your arguments are that you hate Trump and social security.
-Paul Ryan: Hated by Trump fans and Trump haters for being a loser, gonna get killed.
-Nikki Haley: Would win the general for being an Indian-American woman who took down the Confederate Flag. Will lose primary for same reasons and that SC is the next Kansas.
-John Kasich: Too much of an asshole to get donations and has negative favorables with primary voters, he's already finished.

sazzy

I like that Republicans are coming out and saying that they won't vote for Trump, but want Pence to replace him as well. I'm sure when Trump reads a few of those it will just make him really angry at Pence, probably thinking he's trying to take what's his.

I'm eager to see if this craziness makes Georgia a real possibility to go blue

Donald probably think of Pence as his subordinate, not a partner in the race.

Its going to eat him out from the inside out.

jiggle

PoliGAF today

Ma0nRkW.gif
No Zaint in gif
Wrong

-Ben Sasse: Good luck winning when your arguments are that you hate Trump and social security.
-Paul Ryan: Hated by Trump fans and Trump haters for being a loser, gonna get killed.
-Nikki Haley: Would win the general for being an Indian-American woman who took down the Confederate Flag. Will lose primary for same reasons and that SC is the next Kansas.
-John Kasich: Too much of an asshole to get donations and has negative favorables with primary voters, he's already finished.

Hopefully by then Clinton can actually up her likability numbers. I honestly feel that Clinton would have gotten creamed by Romney or McCain.

Someone booing Heck loudly for denouncing Trump at a rally. Holy fuck.

I hadn't thought about this, but Heck is extremely vulnerable to a Trump collapse in ways that Burr, Toomey, and even Blunt aren't. NV demographics are extremely polar and the state has demographics that have strong, not reluctant, Trump voters.

Diablos

I wonder if Ayotte will get a bump for actually talking sense. She's doing the right thing. You can't kick him out so write in Pence.

Vestal

Hopefully by then Clinton can actually up her likability numbers. I honestly feel that Clinton would have gotten creamed by Romney or McCain.

Clinton in 08 would have won in a similar landslide. McCain couldn't run now, he is far too old and too damaged. Romney on the other hand would have been a formidable challenge this election cycle. It would have been a very tight race, but it wouldn't be a landslide either way. Romney got pretty banged up in 2012.

Brought this up with my wife last night. Packing +5/+6 partisan districts everywhere seems fine until you lose by 7-8 (still good strategy).
Hell this is what happened in 06. Most of the maps that came out of the 2000 redistricting cycle were mild GOP gerrymanders that crumbled as soon as Democrats had a good year.

Tarydax

Banned
Robert CostaVerified account
‏@costareports
Trump: “Chaffetz should spend the same energy going after [HRC] as he does going after the person who won the primary with a record vote."

Record vote? He didn't even get half!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like constantly going over fantasy Trump-replacement scenarios is leading to an awful lot of conspiracy-theory bedwetting.

teiresias

OMG if Pence drops and the are still wings of the party calling for Trump to quit.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO LIVE THROUGH THIS!!!!!!

Romney speaking. I'm sorry Mitt, you don't get to speak for what the party stands for when the party picked their standard bearer and they all lined up to endorse him.

At this point I'm past even the election or the GOP - I want Trump's entire corporate enterprise torn assunder after the election.

Nordicus

oh hey look that one Stein voter I know is bringing up that time Clinton had to defend a rapist in court as evidence that she's just as bad as Trump advocating sexual assault what a surprise
People too stupid to know what defensive attorneys are seem like people who will one day need defense attorneys.
Wait, that's what this whole "Clinton defended a rapist!" shit is?

What's next, doctors-turned-politicians given shit for having given criminals medical assistance as per their duty?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'd like to believe that Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat will have been filled by then (she's like 83 now, right?) because all of those people would beat HRC.

Wait, that's what this whole "Clinton defended a rapist!" shit is?

What's next, doctors-turned-politicians given shit for having given criminals medical assistance as per their duty?
It's trumped up more in the Dank Memez as Hillary threatening the victim and laughing about it and such in court...which is all easily debunked on Snopes.

benjipwns

Banned
President-elect Gary Johnson posted this yesterday, he will not be supporting Donald Trump:
I'm shocked by these revelations about Donald Trump, but is anyone really surprised? It is just sad and embarrassing that a man who is now the nominee of a major party for President could display such a disgusting attitude toward women. America deserves better. Women deserve better, and our daughters deserve better.

Tonight, millions of Republicans are facing a moment of truth. As a former Republican Governor, I don't envy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom