• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm liking all the Repubs demanding that Trump withdraw from the ticket. But! I somewhat wish I lived in the reality where Paul LePage was his VP pick.

Retro

OT Thread someone said that MSNBC was told there are 12-14 more tapes on Trump.

Oh oh, this is like one of those word problems!...

"A runaway locomotive loaded with with toxic waste leaves Cleveland on July 21st. It will reach Washington D.C on November 8th. If the train is discovered on October 7th and the army only has 14 more landmines to purposely derail the train before it reaches a populated area, how many landmines will they need to drop each week to stop it from killing everyone?"

Oh jeez, peanut butter in the context of ice cream is

I was gonna jokingly deride you for depriving your child of appropriate sweets, but in doing so I would deride the best ice cream

Hahaha, well, he'd eat all the ice cream in the house if we let him. So, we ration it out. Peanut Butter Cup ice cream is the only kind I actually don't mind.

Trouble

Banned
I bet Hillary's big sideswipe attack during the debate will be about race, since Trump will be prepared to be on the defensive about his horrible misogyny. Probably something to do with the CP5.

Meanwhile, I half expect Trump to accuse Hillary of being a secret lesbian during the debate.

Scrub-lord Patrick Murphy was finally fed a good campaign message to use against Rubio:

CuQ5CsoWAAUqBg_.jpg

"If you refuse to hold Trump accountable as a candidate, how can you hold him accountable when he's president." It's such a good message you know that 0% of it came from Patrick Murphy's team.

I bet Hillary's big sideswipe attack during the debate will be about race, since Trump will be prepared to be on the defensive about his horrible misogyny. Probably something to do with the CP5.

Meanwhile, I half expect Trump to accuse Hillary of being a secret lesbian during the debate.

"Look Secretary Clinton, and I think we can agree on this, you grabbed women by the pussy, it's great. I've done so myself, tremendous, we can all agree that grabbing by the pussy. Beautiful"

God, I wish one of the "tapes" they're talking about has him talking smack about Christians...Something like "Jesus Freaks" or so. I would love to hear the spinning on that one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God, I wish one of the "tapes" they're talking about has him talking smack about Christians...Something like "Jesus Freaks" or so. I would love to hear the spinning on that one.

They still won't move. Because it's about the supreme court, etc.

Religious interest groups and R interest groups in general express tremendous discipline. NeverTrump was a huge failure that was quite literally fucked over at the convention and nobody gave a shit.

kadotsu

Banned
So what could be worse than this? I'm literally grasping here. You would need to go into soap opera territory to top this. Something like: He forced a mistress to get an abortion.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So what could be worse than this? I'm literally grasping here. You would need to go into soap opera territory to top this. Something like: He forced a mistress to get an abortion.

More similar coming out over and over again would be fine. Just keeps the conversation from ever moving on.

It's not about turning evangelical or moderates. It's about keeping them from coming to the polls.

Fox318

God Pence is trying to use this to launch a 2020 campaign.

Forget Trump last thing I want are the religious right wing nuts to get control of the party.

Guys like Pence and Cruz are the types I fear more than Trump.

benjipwns

Banned
This statement from one of Clinton’s private paid speeches was discovered in leaked emails of Clinton’s campaign chair, John Podesta, which were made public by WikiLeaks.

One email, which provided partial transcripts of some of Clinton’s speeches, reads in part:

*Hillary Clinton Said Her Dream Is A Hemispheric Common Market, With Open Trade And Open Markets. *

“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders
In her remarks to Banco Itau, Clinton also denounced the idea of putting up barriers to global trade, a statement which will likely raise concerns with grassroots and working-class voters in her own party. “We have to resist protectionism, other kinds of barriers to market access and to trade,” Clinton said.

Even though it has gone virtually unreported by corporate media, Breitbart News has extensively documented the Clintons’ longstanding support for “open borders.” Interestingly, as the Los Angeles Times observed in 2007, the Clinton’s praise for globalization and open borders frequently comes when they are speaking before a wealthy foreign audiences and donors.
wow sickening

Fox318

Trump actually had a one night stand with Putin and planned the Ukraine invasion and supplied Assad with chemical weapons.

Chuck Todd reporting that anti-Trump Republican Senators are whipping their colleagues to come out against Trump.

Total list of anti-Trump Republican Senators:

Ben Sasse
Mike Lee
Lindsay Graham

It's going to take them a while to talk to all of their colleagues.

Don't they wanna overturn Roe v Wade?

They do, but only someone stupid enough to buy housing to flip in 2006 actually thinks Trump will appoint judges to do that.

Everyone knows that Trump will kill Muslims though.

benjipwns

Banned
Total list of anti-Trump Republican Senators:

Ben Sasse
Mike Lee
Lindsay Graham

It's going to take them a while to talk to all of their colleagues.
John Thune

Mike Crapo
Kelly Ayotte if you're rounding up

that's just ones who said he should drop out or they'll vote for someone else, Rubio, McCain, Paul and some others condemned the comments but didn't go beyond that i don't think

Did Satan Worshipper Billy Bush Spike Trump’s Tic Tacs to Sway the Election for Hillary?
We now know that Billy Bush is a secret member of both the Bush family political dynasty and the Hollywood elite. It’s no secret that Hollywood is rife with sexual predators who use drugs to make their victims vulnerable. Just look at Bill Cosby.

Did Billy Bush drug Trump? That would explain some of his masculine, off the cuff comments. Is Billy Bush himself a sex addict? Or worse, a secret liberal sleaze ball who has thrown his lot in with Satanism? Is he merely playing the fall guy’s role in the Luciferian plot of the New World Order? What does Billy Bush know about Hillary’s allegiance to Satan and when did he know it?

Mifune

Mehmber
The more Republicans call for him to step down, the more he wants to stay in just to stick it to them. We are witnessing the destruction of a political party in real time.

@Taniel
Sen. Lisa Murkowski had remained uncommitted; she now states she won't vote Trump. Her Alaska colleague Dan Sullivan just rescinded support.

So the Alaska Senate delegation is now Not Trump.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Pence-Carson in 2020? Because Pence can't get on the ballot anywhere, even if Trump explicitly agreed to it.

“The only real scenario is Trump saying he’ll resign the second he’s inaugurated — at which point voters will think that a vote for him is really a vote for Pence.” - Steve Vladeck, a CNN legal contributor and professor at the University of Texas School of Law.

That's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom