• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Don Lemon starts his show with the breaking news advisory to say there's a new poll saying 52% of Americans believe race relations got worse under Obama. Lmao what

sphagnum

Banned
Don Lemon starts his show with the breaking news advisory to say there's a new poll saying 52% of Americans believe race relations got worse under Obama. Lmao what

Well I mean in a sense they did, just not the sense those people believe.

jesus christ sanchez is awful at debating and just general speaking. i will admit kamala's voice is a bit nasal but she's doing way better here.

Guise, Loretta Sanchez totally goes to a black church, so she knows stuff about police and racism.
LMFAO. this segment was fucking hilarious from her. she's bad at attacking.

Trump's challenge isn't just to prepare for the Town Hall format-his real challenge is how to keep Hillary from getting to him and causing him to get deranged. I don't know how his cabal of yes-men he's surrounded himself can fix that given that he's just not putting in any reasonable amount of debate prep time.

He will bomb hard in the town hall debate. We saw how easy it was for Hillary to bait Trump in the first debate. Debate prep doesn't fix megalomania.
I think Trump will be more vulnerable at the town hall debate.
The audience will be asking the questions, so he can't attack them like he did with Lester. He also wants to be the center of attention. And that is kinda hard to do if he has to share the floor with Hillary and the audience and no podium to hide behind.
All it takes is for Hillary or someone in the audience to say something that will hurt his ego.

Some still expecting a Trump pivot this late in the game? I just don't see it happening. I see Trump performing "better" in only a few ways, but there is no way we don't get the same incoherent bully as last time. If Trump gets an early question, before he goes off script, that allows him to bring up emails, Benghazi, or emails, he will probably actually say his pre canned shit this time around and despite it being the same tired old, disproven GOP smears, everyone will count it as a landed blow. I also suspect he will last slightly longer before going off the rails because he knows he has to try to suppress every impulse he has to be an awful human for at least a few minutes more.

Trump is petty, thin skinned to the point of translucent, and has an giant ego with big blinking red bullseye targets of how to exploit it. Clinton knows this and did it immediately in the first debate. No way Trump practiced those impulses to defend himself at all costs and attack anyone who says otherwise. The best part is we get real people asking the questions this time, and him disrespecting a voter is almost guaranteed. At best he gets to say the exact shit Pence said last night. They have no policy or facts on their side so they have to say emails as many times as possible. I am just curious to see how much further they expand Hillary's time traveling capabilities. If she is not credited with the creation of the Fertile Crescent that eventually led to the unrest in the Mid East, I will be disappointed.

Aw yeah it's on

163.gif

dakini

This is the first time I've paid attention to the CA Senate race and Loretta Sanchez seems like a mess in this debate lol.

Holmes

I will say this about Loretta Sanchez. While her easier (though still unrealistic) path to victory would be to court the more moderate/conservative voters in hopes that it's enough to beat Kamala Harris, she doesn't seem to have taken that path. At least not in this debate. Both candidates seem to have progressive visions, and that's really refreshing for the biggest statewide election this year. I'm hoping for more Democrat vs. Democrat races in the future.

mo60

I will say this about Loretta Sanchez. While her easier (though still unrealistic) path to victory would be to court the more moderate/conservative voters in hopes that it's enough to beat Kamala Harris, she doesn't seem to have taken that path. At least not in this debate. Both candidates seem to have progressive visions, and that's really refreshing for the biggest statewide election this year. I'm hoping for more Democrat vs. Democrat races in the future.

If we are insanely lucky we may just see another one in a few months time, but it would require an insane spilt of the conservative vote in that state's jungle primary.

I'm listening to last night's 1600 podcast, and Jon Lovett just summarized the Jake Tapper/Rudy Giuliani interview with this

It's so rare that a guest comes on and is like, "well, Jake, the bottom line is the sky is purple and I'm made of jello. (I'm sorry, sir, what was that?) Sky, purple, me, jello. (I'm sorry, I just don't think that's believable.) It is. It's what happened."

I don't think I'm going to stop laughing for another 15 minutes.

Bowdz

Damn every time i turn on a news channel today I hear "That mexican thing again".

One of the CNN pundits said last night that all the Spanish speaking networks were talking about was that line from Pence. It would be incredible if Pence managed to actually damage their standing even more with latinos with that line.

Bowdz

I'm listening to last night's 1600 podcast, and Jon Lovett just summarized the Jake Tapper/Rudy Giuliani interview with this

I don't think I'm going to stop laughing for another 15 minutes.

Lol, I fucking love the Monday podcasts because Lovett is so damn hilarious (Vietor too yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom