• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Damn, I don't know if my prediction of the election being called before Ohio is going to stand up any more.

I'm feeling like Ohio will go early and the election with it.

Trump is now retweeting the woman accusing Bill Clinton of rape.

Juanita Broaddrick ‏@atensnut
How many times must it be said? Actions speak louder than words. DT said bad things!HRC threatened me after BC raped me.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Does Clinton ignore Juanita Broaddrick and tear Trump in half or does she tear Broaddrick story to shreds? Probably the first one, right?

Boke1879

None, but it doesn't look good because Hillary once said "Women should be believed" when it comes to sexual assault.

But this has been expected from the get go. Hillary, her campaign etc all knew this was coming. Trump looks desperate here and quite frankly he's giving the go ahead for worse shit to come out on him.

It shows he isn't sorry and his only game is to deflect.

Yeah can someone give us a catch-up on the Juanita Broaddrick stuff given that Trump has just retweeted her and will likely call Bill Clinton a rapist in the debates?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder how much shit there is on Trump that will be coming out.

And Trump wasn't prepared for this. His image is getting ruined. His families image is getting ruined. He said it himself the last debate-HIs business, his family, and himself take precedence over all else[sic].

HIs business reputation will be damage. He'll be known as a clown who is probably broke compared to what he says. Nobody will want to do business with him. And there's more coming. If this is the tip of the iceberg, then there's a whole ocean out there.

This is enjoyable.
He's not going to lose by historic margins and the scandals are just stuff we knew about that will be forgotten by next year.

It's the same reason him dropping out is a dumb GOP fantasy - it would be way worse optics for his business concerns - someone loses every election, but no one has ever dropped out after getting the nomination.

Cyanity

Banned
L1TxSnE.png

dems are celebrating already lmao

...so what exactly is the story with Broaddrick? Can't find anything on Snopes and I don't dare dig through the Google cesspool.

i don't mean to throw shade, but

she accused Bill of raping her, changed her story repeatedly, signed an affidavit and made a statement under oath saying it didn't happen, and then took back the take-backsy

HTupolev

I still think people are taking the Broaddrick stuff too lightly. It can blow up in Trump's face, but Hillary's response is going to have to be good. Otherwise Trump will have created a half-okay redirect that makes him even more immune to oppo in the eyes of his voters

The good news is that Hillary has been preparing for this accusation for a very long time. If the answer is especially crushing, maybe we'll get another lecture about how she prepared for the debate.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
None of this will be in history books because again, Trump isn't going to lose by any kind of historic margin. All that people will remember is he lost.

Trump donors angry, want their money back after lewd tape leak
Donors to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign have become skittish -- with some downright angry -- after a 2005 tape surfaced Friday in which the GOP nominee can be heard making vulgar remarks about women.

A prominent Trump bundler told CBS News that he “could not tell you how many” calls he’s gotten from donors in the course of the last day. After the Washington Post first published the tape, people want their money back, he said. (The Republican party and the campaign’s fundraising apparatus is not returning donations.)

According to the bundler, donors said they feel betrayed by Trump -- that their efforts have been a waste. Some said they would like to see Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate and the governor of Indiana, at the top of the ticket, though the means of achieving such a switch aren’t clear.

None of this will be in history books because again, Trump isn't going to lose by any kind of historic margin. All that people will remember is he lost.
This whole election is the sort of bizarre thing that gets in the history books. The margin itself isn't what matters.

Strimei

Ive been away from the news all day. They for sure have worse stuff to release?

Apparently even Trump admitted to some of his people that he knows there's worse coming.

edit:
@edhenry

@RealBenCarson told me he & @realDonaldTrump talked about more revelations coming: "They have have more things & they will drip them out"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
"Lewd comments threaten to sink campaign of Presidential candidate who wanted to bomb U.S. allies"

Look, I'm happy this is happening and all, but it's such a shame that our priorities are so fucked as a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom