• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

...so what exactly is the story with Broaddrick? Can't find anything on Snopes and I don't dare dig through the Google cesspool.

Basically, Broaddrick is one of three rape accusers of Bill Clinton. With 2/3 of them, there is a lot of evidence that suggests that they're straight up lying, but with Broaddrick, there's no evidence either way. She says she was raped by him in 1978 and has basically stuck to that story since she brought it up many years later. According to her, she was raped by Bill and afterwards:
"The last thing he said to me was, 'You better get some ice for that.' And he put on his sunglasses and walked out the door," she recalled.
There's basically no evidence of this happening, but it's up to you to believe it or not.

Signs in the background on CNN:

"Kanye 2020"

"Patrick Star '16"

"Donald Trump: Apex Predator"

Randall is wrasslin tomorrow night, so it's extra timely.

And yes, naturally, instead of watching the debate, I will be watching said wrasslin as seems to be becoming customary for me.

Apparently even Trump admitted to some of his people that he knows there's worse coming.

edit:

Haters+wanna+hate+lovers+wanna+love+_531317f612720666af18ac53157723e3.gif

let's wait until next week to see what kind of margins we are talking about here.

Also, what woould be a good angle for HRC to deflect Bill's past?

Let's help Mook, although I KNOW they have been running focus groups about this like crazy.

Boke1879

Thing is Clinton totally expected this to come up I'm sure. It's something Trump has been talking about for along time now and I'm sure Hillary has heard it for years.

Thing is Trump is on camera talking about sexual assault, and there is more.

There is a legit reason even before this Newt and others have said it's not wise for Trump to do this.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It is incredibly scary to me that so many Trump supporters still defend Trump and their main method is by blaming the other candidates' husband.

I am sickened by this country's social state right now.

"Lewd comments threaten to sink campaign of Presidential candidate who wanted to bomb U.S. allies"

Look, I'm happy this is happening and all, but it's such a shame that our priorities are so fucked as a country.

I would not define "Admitting sexual assault" as "lewd comments."

I make lewd comments every day and every few hours but at no point do I brag about sexually assaulting men or women.

I make lewd comments every day and every few hours but at no point do I brag about sexually assaulting men or women.

Agreed. The lewd comments are a whole bunch of whatever to me, I've talked about women's looks and body parts with my friends since puberty. The story is Trump using star power to grope and force himself onto women

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
None of this will be in history books because again, Trump isn't going to lose by any kind of historic margin. All that people will remember is he lost.

Are there any campaigns before JFK vs Nixon that make it into typical american history books?

I'm sure it'll be in history books at least to the level of Reagan vs Mondale or Bush vs Clinton, but all that's probably going to be filtered out in 50 years to make room for new history.

I'd think the answer to questions about allegations of Bill Clinton raping a women would be something to the effect of "I've seen no evidence that suggests these allegations are true but if they were to be proven to be true, the marriage would be over immediately." Straight and to the point, no long drawn out defense of Bill, no attacks against the accuser, just let it playout and end Bill as an angle of attack. Now if she has been intimidating accusers then she deserves the political fallout.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hillary didn't rape anyone, and there is no evidence that she has any knowledge of Bills actions.

If anything, she is a victim of a cheating husband. 2/3rds of Clinton rape accusers have massive issues with their stories. Broadarick is a troubling account with no evidence either way. Her account of Hillary 'attacking' her is pretty spurious.

That said, Hillary will deflect to a hard time for her family that was very publicly litigated. And say she prayed, takes women's rights very seriously (throw back to China speech) and that through community, family and faith have moved forward as a family. Then slam him for holding women responsible for the alleged actions of their husbands. She loves Bill, and he is a great partner, he has made mistakes but his extramarital affairs were consensual, but she is her own person.

For those saying Clinton knows the question is coming and therefore has a solid answer in the waiting, recall how long it took her to finally give a good answer on the email server.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Okay, that is indeed a lot more serious.

Still, doesn't take away from my point.

BigAl1992

Hillary didn't rape anyone, and there is no evidence that she has any knowledge of Bills actions.

If anything, she is a victim of a cheating husband. 2/3rds of Clinton rape accusers have massive issues with their stories. Broadarick is a troubling account with no evidence either way. Her account of Hillary 'attacking' her is pretty spurious.

That said, Hillary will deflect to a hard time for her family that was very publicly litigated. And say she prayed, takes women's rights very seriously (throw back to China speech) and that through community, family and faith have moved forward as a family. Then slam him for holding women responsible for the alleged actions of their husbands. She loves Bill, and he is a great partner but she is her own person.

This basically. Sexual assault of any nature has to be taken seriously, but when two of the accounts are determined to be mostly lies and the last one has no evidence to suggest anything, then it's a dead rubber of a tactic (excuse the pun). Also, didn't this Broderrick change her account multiple times aswell?

Vahagn

There are so many ways to handle this.

"Donald, stop blaming women for your shortcomings in life. The women who accused my husband of rape never were found to have the evidence to certify their claims. I took their claims seriously and said as much 20 years ago.

But I wonder Donald, when countless women, including your first wife and even a 13 year old child have accused you of raping them. How do you react to that. Because I can tell you, your lawyer admits you raped your first wife but insists that men can't legally rape their wives. Do you agree?"

In an ideal world he says: "you can't rape your wife, you can't rape her".

If he denies - just read from the deposition transcript and comments of the 13 year old girl and say "why do you want us to believe they're liars?"

Are you really comparing those 2 things?
I'm comparing that she knew the email server would be an issue and it took her and her staff a while to finally come up with a clear, concise answer to it. Just assuming that she will have a great answer for the Bill accusations right out of the gate isn't a given. That's all. I'm not comparing the severity of the issues or anything.

Holmes

For those saying Clinton knows the question is coming and therefore has a solid answer in the waiting, recall how long it took her to finally give a good answer on the email server.
What is the correlation? This was a personal and painful event that happened to her almost 20 years ago. Her response to this doesn't even need to be prepared. It's literally the easiest way for her to take the moral high ground and be above it all.

Boke1879

I don't think this is a good comparison. She's had decades to prepare an answer for what Trump will try and pull. This isn't the first time she's been attacked.

The email answer quite frankly doesn't have a good answer. Only thing she can really say is "Sorry, shouldn't have done it and I would do it differently."

"Donald, stop blaming women for your shortcomings in life. The women who accused my husband of rape never were found to have the evidence to certify their claims. I took their claims seriously and said as much 20 years ago.

But I wonder Donald, when countless women, including your first wife and even a 13 year old child have accused you of raping them. How do you react to that. Because I can tell you, your lawyer admits you raped your first wife but insists that men can't legally rape their wives. Do you agree?"

Mook, are you reading this?

Pls Print

StoOgE

This basically. Sexual assault of any nature has to be taken seriously, but when two of the accounts are determined to be mostly lies and the last one has no evidence to suggest anything, then it's a dead rubber of a tactic (excuse the pun). Also, didn't this Broderrick change her account multiple times aswell?

Broadarick refused to come forward at first when Republican operatives contacted her. She signed am affidavit saying nothing happened to Ken Starr. She later filed a second affidavit saying otherwise, but Starr declined to being her forward.

She then came out publicly in 99 and has been consistent since.

Nothing really is a hole in her story. But no one can place Bill at the hotel where the rape allegedly happened.

It's a troubling story for sure, and she's never tried to profit off of the story.

That said, Hillary will deflect to a hard time for her family that was very publicly litigated. And say she prayed, takes women's rights very seriously (throw back to China speech) and that through community, family and faith have moved forward as a family. Then slam him for holding women responsible for the alleged actions of their husbands. She loves Bill, and he is a great partner but she is her own person.

There is no doubt she is being prepped for anything Bill related.

Claims of rape should ALWAYS be taken seriously. They should also be looked at and investigated for proof. IIRC didn't the woman who accused Kobe Bryant of raping her was found later on to be lying out of her ass? Innocent until proven guilty.

If he denies - just read from the deposition transcript and comments of the 13 year old girl and say "why do you want us to believe they're liars?"

That's damn good.

Boke1879

I doubt she brings up anything about him being accused of rape. IMO she's going to stick to her guns and when it comes up she'll have an answer for it.

You guys have to remember. Trump is treading on light ground. If Trump brings this up himself at a Town Hall setting he's toast. Only other way it comes up is if Anderson asks it or someone in the Town hall.

StoOgE

There is no doubt she is being prepped for anything Bill related.

Claims of rape should ALWAYS be taken seriously. They should also be looked at and investigated for proof. IIRC didn't the woman who accused Kobe Bryant of raping her was found later on to be lying out of her ass? Innocent until proven guilty.

That's damn good.

No. Kobe's defense was she was a slut and ladies who are sluts would clearly want to have sex with Kobe and never say no.

It was prime 'shame the accusor, sluts love famous penis' strategy of denial.

Basically famous dudes don't need to rape ladies, because sex is easy for them.

Which ignores that rape is a power dynamic issue and not a sexual pleasure issue.

StoOgE

I doubt she brings up anything about him being accused of rape. IMO she's going to stick to her guns and when it comes up she'll have an answer for it.

You guys have to remember. Trump is treading on light ground. If Trump brings this up himself at a Town Hall setting he's toast. Only other way it comes up is if Anderson asks it or someone in the Town hall.

Trump will bring it up.

jtb

Banned
The Clinton's have been subject to the harshest public spotlight of any couple in the history of sexual relations, ever. It's already been litigated in the court of public opinion. Hillary has been through the trenches before and she's had this answer in her back pocket for the past 16 years. Probably longer when you think about the Flowers stuff.

Trying to pivot and attacking Trump for raping his wife is a beyond horrible strategy imo. You can't dignify the Broadarick line of attack with any kind response, you can't legitimize that "you enabled an abuser" line of attack under any circumstances--don't even entertain the possibility of a false equivalency. Let the tape speak for itself.

The criticism against the Clinton's is that they allowed their usual distractions to derail the highest office in the land and the country. No one is under any illusions that Trump will not do that, times a hundred. No one, other than Roger Ailes and Sean Hannity, actually finds this line of argumentation, on face, without context, without rebuttal, to even be persuasive. You can't just throw it out in a 30 sec debate soundbite without any evidence and expect people to find it convincing, in the least. Treat it the same way she treated the Blumenthal birther stuff - a non-sequitur not worthy of a response.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I like, "You are blaming me for Bill's infidelity, so do you blame Melania for yours?"

Iolo

Jesus people, Hillary will not and should not mention Trump's alleged rapes of anyone, are you fucking nuts

She's trying to be sympathetic, not lose everyone's votes

Oh god yes.

We'll see what happens at the debate tomorrow. If something happens over the next few days that can only be explained by the returned presence of the Hair Mouse, the truth is bound to come out.

I don't want to ruin a good thing, so I'm making sure any future entries in the story really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom