• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Any polls done before yesterday and tomorrow should be ignored, I think. Yesterday was a gamechanger and the race is going to look different as a result.

GusBus

I cannot wait for polls later this week. I would say 40+ states are reasonably in play for Clinton if this shitstorm continues.

Trump bringing up Broaddrick demonstrates how a presidential candidate not having aligned goals with their party is so dangerous.

Trump was losing by about 5 points before Friday and is probably behind 8-10 points now. Someone who cared about the GOP downballot races would try to minimize the loss to 5 or so points. But Trump doesn't care and thus doesn't care about the difference between losing by 2 and losing by 20. So he's pursuing an extremely high risk strategy by bringing up Broaddrick instead of trying to minimize his losses like another candidate might try.

Willing to bet this flips completely after yesterday.

Like, come on guys. "Iowa is gone" you say right after the biggest fucking bombshell of the election has been dropped and there's more to come. Also the debate tomorrow.
@davidplouffe 4m4 minutes ago
David Plouffe Retweeted Nate Cohn
Iowa likely electoral votes 342-347. So not essential. But Trump at 43. Clinton more likely to get to the win #.
Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn
The vaunted Selzer/DMR poll has Trump+4 in Iowa, which still looks like Trump's best swing state

Plouffe with me and you

Boke1879

Honestly I gotta see the fallout after yesterday, today all the GOP shitting on him. Tomorrows debate and hopefully Trump makes good and attacks the GOP as well.

Like he's had a terrible week and next week could be real sour for him as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He’s 8 percentage points ahead of Clinton among voters under 55, a figure that holds even for voters under 35.

Holy crap, pack it up. Just ignore Iowa. Then again, Selzer has made a campaign this year out of being wrong!

gaugebozo

I just know that at some point in the next two weeks, Trump is going to go to a rally, list a bunch of names of GOPers who said that they would not vote for him, and then tell his rabid nutbar fanbase that he will not vote for those people, and they shouldn't either.

And it will be GLORIOUS that Trump won't give in, Trump won't give in.

This issue polls incredibly poorly for Trump. If he brings it up, a bog-standard "it was terrible, our faith kept us together, I would never threaten a woman and I stand up for them" answer with a bit of shade (something like "I am not my husband, Donald") is more than enough. Voters are already inclined to look poorly upon Trump for even bringing it up as a line of attack.
That's the answer.

Holy crap, pack it up. Just ignore Iowa. Then again, Selzer has made a campaign this year out of being wrong!

Iowa must be where all those racist millennials that make up the alt-right are.

We hadn't seek much Trump millennial support in other states so glad we've finally located the cause of #GamerGate and /pol/

mo60

I cannot wait for polls later this week. I would say 40+ states are reasonably in play for Clinton if this shitstorm continues.

More like 30-35 at this point. Even if she wins by a double digit margin I do not think she will get over 400 EV's.

Kaiterra

Banned
Who needs polls?

14502762_691094747705616_3442014415656123554_n.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There's a much easier answer to this.

Hillary simply asks Trump what his policies are in dealing with women who accuse someone of rape.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CNN reporting the RNC is thinking of ending their joint fundraising agreement with Trump depending on how the debate goes.

GusBus

More like 30-35 at this point. Even if she wins by a double digit margin I do not think she will get over 400 EV's.

I think there's a serious chance of unprecedentedly low Republican turnout, especially if Giulliani's comments about waging war against the RNC are serious.

I would also add that there are likely Trump supporters who, knowing it to be a lost cause, decide voting isn't even worth their time.

Either way 400+ isn't off the table, imo.

Bronx-Man

Banned
We really are in uncharted waters right now. No one has any idea what protocol to take because no one's been stupid enough to do something like this!

Trump needs to go after Paul Ryan and attack him over and over again on Twitter.

He can drive down Ryan's favorables enough for Ryan to lose his House seat and be out of politics.

@WalshFreedom
If women are so outraged by Trump's dirty talk, then who the hell bought the 80 million copies of "Fifty Shades Of Grey?"

Grow up.

Burn the whole party to the ground. It deserves nothing less

starmud

With the way this weekend is brewing, In a few days we could see full GOP civil war. My money is on the trump train, At the least I want Mccains senate seat... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom