• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, Trump is going after Hillary defending a child rapist tomorrow.

16. Trump’s survival plan thus entails portraying Hillary as enabler of sexual violence—name I heard is Kathy Shelton, 12-y.o. rape survivor

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/784924809926938624

The fact that Trump's campaign saving throw is attacking the 6th amendment is so gross that Hillary doing something as questionable as releasing a hypothetical tape of Trump bragging about fucking Ivanka should be fair game.

Syncytia

Oh god, Trump is going after Hillary defending a child rapist tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/784924809926938624

The fact that Trump's campaign saving throw is attacking the 6th amendment is so gross that Hillary releasing the tape of Trump bragging about fucking Ivanka should be fair game.

I don't see why not at this point. They don't care about all but one part of the first amendment. Well, two in their definition of religion as "free to be a christian." Donald doesn't even know how many articles are in the constitution.

CNN is really pushing the "there's worse on our website that we can't play on TV" line.

19. So if you wonder how things could get worse for GOP (+ America), litigating rape of 12 y.o. in a presidential debate may be the answer.

The true test of if Trump still trusts Bannon is if he goes there.

Bowdz

Just remember everyone, tomorrow is a town hall debate. Trump is going to look like complete shit litigating all of this during a town hall. I can't even fathom how tomorrow goes down.

mstevens

My friends and I (and I'm sure others) have talked about how weird politics is going to get once the candidates grew up with social media to dig around in. This election feels like a crazy outlier now, but I'm worried that it'll seem normal in about 30 years.

AniHawk

there's still 10+ 'undecideds' in iowa as per the selzer poll. hopefully this locks them in for hillary, and that some of the trump support goes to johnson or whatever. i would imagine this should be damaging over there.

at this point obama 2008 should be pretty in play... and georgia, arizona, missouri, and alaska are looking pretty nice as an appetizer. i just want mo after obama lost it by narrow margins in 2008.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, changed that to a 'might not'. I'll definitely be watching though, if his head is on the chopping block the next day, Trump has no reason to behave.

It's Trump's last attempt to salvage things, because, in theory, he could have a great night (he won't).

Vahagn

Trump's really going to litigate a 40 year old story about a PD defending a rapist on trial for a 12 year old when in 2016 he's being accused of raping a 13 year old girl?

Farmboy

there's still 10+ 'undecideds' in iowa as per the selzer poll. hopefully this locks them in for hillary, and that some of the trump support goes to johnson or whatever. i would imagine this should be damaging over there.

at this point obama 2008 should be pretty in play... and georgia, arizona, missouri, and alaska are looking pretty nice as an appetizer. i just want mo after obama lost it by narrow margins in 2008.

Indiana might still be out of reach. Then again, who knows at this point?

We will never a day like today ever again. And I am so happy it happened.

I would bet there's 3+ more politically insane days coming up between now and the day after the election.

I mean, when Trump calls on his brownshirts to assassinate Paul Ryan after losing the election by 20 points, that's going to finally surpass the Hamilton-Burr duel as the most extreme act of political violence in U.S. history.

BigAl1992

Trump's really going to litigate a 40 year old story about a PD defending a rapist on trial for a 12 year old when in 2016 he's being accused of raping a 13 year old girl?

For God sake. What a stupid move. That will not go down well with anyone who isn't one of his supporters by now.

Retro

It's Trump's last attempt to salvage things, because, in theory, he could have a great night (he won't).

Stop ruining things with your logic and such, I want to watch the bloated orange corpse have a meltdown in front of 100 million people and salt the goddamn earth for this brand of populist conservatism for at least three generations. I want Great Grandpa GOP to scare the shit out of his little bite-sized bigots with Tales of the Trump.

She's already left the country. She texted because she couldn't put the phone to her ear while the hair dye set in. The next time anyone will see Kellyanne Conway, she'll be Connie Kellane, an unassuming hostess at a quaint little public house outside Dublin who's eyes tell of a haunting past and peculiar sort of madness.

Need full fanfic treatment plz.

It's funny because there will likely be much worse that comes out about Trump, but the bottom's already fallen out.

right, but we just had a major party completely revolt against it's nominee, with many major party heads calling for him to drop out, abandoning him, or endorsing "nobody" in the space of 24 hours.

This will NEVER happen again. completely unprecedented.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
right, but we just had a major party completely revolt against it's nominee, with many major party heads calling for him to drop out, abandoning him, or endorsing "nobody" in the space of 24 hours.

This will NEVER happen again. completely unprecedented.

How GOP Voters (particularly, those who Voted for Trump already) respond, will determine if the GOP, as it is now, will continue to exist as a viable party.

Something like this could very well happen again if a party undergoes realignment (which is pretty much what is happening right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom