• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am literally disgusted, although not surprised, that these Conservatives are only disavowing because they no longer believe Trump can't win. All of these people belong in the basket of deplorables. Every last one of them. They don't care about what Trump said, only that it can hurt them. This, at its core, is the problem with conservatism, at least as it manifests itself within the GOP. It's an entire party that's built around "Fuck you got mine." The problem is, they're slowly realizing that they're not going to be able to constantly "get theirs" all the time, and they're acting out like a bunch of petulant children.

Oh, and also, fuck Donald Trump for making us have to explain to a 7 year old what "Grab her by the pussy" means. You bloated orange sack of shit. Oh, and fuck Donald Trump for being a racist, sexist, misogynistic, Islamophobe irrespective of if he wins or not. Fuck him because it's the right thing to do.

sazzy

John King CNN said a Trump adviser has suggested that he might step down if the RNC agrees to pay him back all the money he personally spent in the campaign (which he funneled into his own businesses anyway as campaign expenses).

edit

Rudy is coming up on CNN with Tapper if anyone wants to watch live

Boke1879

There's a reason Priebus and Conway aren't going on the air today and are replaced by Rudy. They want no parts of this. Guys this is the campaign literally backed into a corner. It's clear to me their "policy" messaging is going to be on the back burner. Rudy said yesterday Trump is ready to attack the party.

This whole thing is a mess for the GOP and Trump. If they DO pay him to step down that opens up a whole can of worms and there base will be pissed. Look at what happened to Ryan yesterday.

Only thing you should be worried about in regards to the debate is how crazy it'll be. Trump doing or saying anything crazy during a fucking town hall will crush him. I already suspect Monday is when a lot of official shit gets put out there. He's going to continue losing support among established republicans.

The debate could get wild but I feel all that happened this weekend will be the story for a while. I mean there's audio and video of the man saying this vile shit. And lets not kid ourselves...There is worse out there and it will be released. It's been stated and I'm sure that's why many in the GOP are getting out ahead of it.

Pixieking

Banned
The other thing about Trump stepping down is, who's going to fill his place? Everyone's saying Pence, but the 2016 Republican ballot is a poisoned chalice - whoever is put in Trump's place will be politically killed. Nothing afterwards, not even a governorship. Pence doesn't want the 2016 crown, he wants the 2020 crown.

The best replacement for Trump in 2016? Giuliani. Because he's so far-gone, he won't realise how bad the situation is.

Crocodile

Per @mmurraypolitics

New NBC/WSJ/Marist poll of FL (conducted before Fri):
Clinton 45%
Trump 42%
Johnson 5%
Stein 3%

(Oct. 3-5, likely voters)

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

(Oct. 3-5 -- before hurricane, likely voters)

New NBC/WSJ/Marist poll of PA (conducted before Fri):

Clinton 49%
Trump 37%
Johnson 6%
Stein 4%

(Oct. 3-6, likely voters)

McGinty 48%
Toomey 44%

Nordicus

Priebus, Conway have cancelled all Sunday show appearances.

and get this...

both replaced by Giuliani
They have been consumed.

Yet Giuliani's hunger grows

DfK7mD5.jpg

Per @mmurraypolitics

Clinton 45%
Trump 42%
Johnson 5%
Stein 3%

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

Clinton 49%
Trump 37%
Johnson 6%
Stein 4%

McGinty 48%
Toomey 44%

And yet in 2020, people will still act like Pennsylvania is a swing state. Also, imagine if a drop in turnout due to Trump kills off the GOP's best hope for 2020? I mean, we don't like him, but I can totally see a MSM-aided "comeback kid" story for Rubio in 2020. Especially if the GOP can rig the primaries.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John King CNN said a Trump adviser has suggested that he might step down if the RNC agrees to pay him back all the money he personally spent in the campaign (which he funneled into his own businesses anyway as campaign expenses).

edit

Rudy is coming up on CNN with Tapper if anyone wants to watch live

Remember--way, way back when he was nominated, insiders floated the idea of paying him $150 million to step down. Here we are again.

Also, 87% of GOP women want Trump to stay in the race. These people are driven purely by hatred.

Boke1879

Remember--way, way back when he was nominated, insiders floated the idea of paying him $150 million to step down. Here we are again.

Also, 87% of GOP women want Trump to stay in the race. These people are driven purely by hatred.

Good. I don't want his ass to drop out either. More shit no doubt will be released and I honestly just can't see him winning many "undeicided" or independent female voters after this.

Listening to Kaine answer the "What about Bill?" question, I think we see how Hillary will handle it. Just tie it back to "This is what he always does. He attacks someone else to cover for what he's done or said." That's the line she should take, and I thinks she will.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, if I'm Clinton's campaign, I start attacking Pence hard in ads. I still think Trump stepping down with a week left and Pence jumping in could be dangerous. There is a massive "vote for neither" movement out there now and nobody knows much about how much of a terrible person Pence is.

sazzy

Clinton camp is responding to the Wikileaks documents brilliantly.

Kaine: the documents are hacked, and could have been manipulated, by an org getting help from the Russian government, and we have no comment on their accuracy, but since you wanted to know about our position on borders and trade, here it is...

Per @mmurraypolitics

Clinton 45%
Trump 42%
Johnson 5%
Stein 3%

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

Clinton 49%
Trump 37%
Johnson 6%
Stein 4%

McGinty 48%
Toomey 44%

That PA poll is just brutal. He could easily lose by double digits in that crucial "swing" state.

Also, quoted for new page.

Per @mmurraypolitics

Clinton 45%
Trump 42%
Johnson 5%
Stein 3%

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

Clinton 49%
Trump 37%
Johnson 6%
Stein 4%

McGinty 48%
Toomey 44%

Omg Murphy sooo close. We can defeat the cyborg. I can feel it.

Also, if I'm Clinton's campaign, I start attacking Pence hard in ads. I still think Trump stepping down with a week left and Pence jumping in could be dangerous. There is a massive "vote for neither" movement out there now and nobody knows much about how much of a terrible person Pence is.
It is beyond pointless to worry about this. There are a million reasons why Trump won't step down an won't be replaced. There is no reason to attack Pence at this or any other point. People are already voting, and they don't vote for the bottom of the ticket. The Deplorables are showing that they would riot in the streets if Trump is replaced. Literally, spend zero time going after Pence. You don't attack the running mate in ads .

Diablos

One week? Lol. That's not enough time. GOP is a mess and will be even more of a mess if Trump drops out.

The party is damned if he stays in or out. It doesn't matter. They're out of time.

And yet in 2020, people will still act like Pennsylvania is a swing state. Also, imagine if a drop in turnout due to Trump kills off the GOP's best hope for 2020? I mean, we don't like him, but I can totally see a MSM-aided "comeback kid" story for Rubio in 2020. Especially if the GOP can rig the primaries.

Pennsylvania isn't a swing state, but it (and VA) tend to track relatively well with the national average over the past couple of elections.

PA was 51.97- 46.59 Obama in 2012, when nationally the race was 51.1-47.2.

PA was 54.49 - 44.17 Obama in 2008, when nationally the race was 52.9 - 45.7.

It hits the national average or damned close to it in a lot of categories from education to income- with only the racial mix being off (it's slightly more white than average and there aren't many hispanics here)

Right now PA is looking like it's going to be a 10-12 point blowout for Clinton. If true this is HORRIFIC for the GOP and we're looking at a legitimate wave election.

Never gonna happen. If Trump isn't on the ballot his die-hard supporters burn the GOP to the ground this election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom