• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy

It is beyond pointless to worry about this. There are a million reasons why Trump won't step down an won't be replaced. There is no reason to attack Pence at this or any other point. People are already voting, and they don't vote for the bottom of the ticket. The Deplorables are showing that they would riot in the streets if Trump is replaced. Literally, spend zero time going after Pence. You don't attack the running mate in ads .

Yes. Anyone still worried about this scenario should read the above.

Just went down the Hillaryis44 rabbit hole for about an hour, by the way. Amazing. A treasure trove for psychiatrists who wish to study cognitive dissonance.

Guliani tried to push it off Bill's sexual misconduct on Hillary, but when he got an ounce of pushback, he stepped off the gas. That's....that's a strategy, I guess.

Boke1879

Guliani tried to push it off Bill's sexual misconduct on Hillary, but when he got an ounce of pushback, he stepped off the gas. That's....that's a strategy, I guess.

Because it's just not a good line of attack. At all. Clinton needs to have a good response to this and I suspect she will. But even Newt said this isn't the best a idea before.

Bill isn't running and I can assume now that Trump wants to take this route fire and brimstone is about to be hailed on him soon.

Q4kutP.png

Breitbart and Trump as the sources? Clearly accuracy and honesty is above reproach. Sure it's not Sean Hannity levels of trustworthiness, but really, what can even compare?

Grief.exe

Tapper tore apart Giuliani. Calling him out on attacks that have never been factually proven and calling him out for attacks that are not relevant.

CNN rolls the Ivanka piece of ass tape.

Cuts back to panel.

5 secs of complete silence.

Dead.

Also, if I'm Clinton's campaign, I start attacking Pence hard in ads. I still think Trump stepping down with a week left and Pence jumping in could be dangerous. There is a massive "vote for neither" movement out there now and nobody knows much about how much of a terrible person Pence is.

Absolutely. You know an election is off-the-chain nuts when Mike Pence is presented as the sane choice.

sazzy

giuliani: let he who hasn't sinned cast a ...

tapper: mr. mayor, i haven't ever used such language, i don't know anyone who has, i was in a fraternity, i've been in locker rooms, and i've never heard such words, so yes i will cast that stone.

giuliani: let he who hasn't sinned cast a ...

tapper: mr. mayor, i haven't ever used such language, i don't know anyone who has, i was in a fraternity, i've been in locker rooms, and i've never heard such words, so yes i will cast that stone.

I love when he gets called out on his adultery and hes like "I'm not running" and the reporter says "neither is Bill" and he just pivots to "well she stayed by him and defended him against his accusers, she should have known they were speaking the truth." The broken mind of the GOP at work.

HylianTom

Banned
If Trump had invested in an actual campaign infrastructure - with market research and focus grouping - he'd know that the Juanita Broderick gambit will not end well for him.

But please, by all means.. proceed.

Brinbe

Get the popcorn ready... The GOP Civil war will be the real fight to watch now. And the beautiful part is that they're utterly fucked either way.

IHrF0eM.png

Spectacular.

It is beyond pointless to worry about this. There are a million reasons why Trump won't step down an won't be replaced. There is no reason to attack Pence at this or any other point. People are already voting, and they don't vote for the bottom of the ticket. The Deplorables are showing that they would riot in the streets if Trump is replaced. Literally, spend zero time going after Pence. You don't attack the running mate in ads .

How would you even get all the ballots changed in one week?

Boke1879

If Trump had invested in an actual campaign infrastructure - with market research and focus grouping - he'd know that the Juanita Broderick gambit will not end well for him.

But please, by all means.. proceed.

Yup. The GOP focused tested this shit and it just didn't go over well at all.

I am literally disgusted, although not surprised, that these Conservatives are only disavowing because they no longer believe Trump can't win. All of these people belong in the basket of deplorables. Every last one of them. They don't care about what Trump said, only that it can hurt them. This, at its core, is the problem with conservatism, at least as it manifests itself within the GOP. It's an entire party that's built around "Fuck you got mine." The problem is, they're slowly realizing that they're not going to be able to constantly "get theirs" all the time, and they're acting out like a bunch of petulant children.

Oh, and also, fuck Donald Trump for making us have to explain to a 7 year old what "Grab her by the pussy" means. You bloated orange sack of shit. Oh, and fuck Donald Trump for being a racist, sexist, misogynistic, Islamophobe irrespective of if he wins or not. Fuck him because it's the right thing to do.
I'm sorry you had to do that Adam..

But real talk.. I really would have paid to actually seen that conversation go down with you and colt trying to explain that shit. How'd you play it in all seriousness?

Not surprising. Alcohol doesn't affect the undead.
Explains a lot about Adam :)

This trump supporter on msnbc said about Hillary, "she was involved in killing ben ghazi." lmao
I don't believe you. I can't believe you.. that didn't happen.

CNN rolls the Ivanka piece of ass tape.

Cuts back to panel.

5 secs of complete silence.
For every second of silence.. the gender gap increases one point

How would you even get all the ballots changed in one week?
200w.gif

Only 4 point lead in Wisconsin?

Only 4 point lead when the poll was taken. We're only just getting started enjoying Friday's fallout and we haven't even had tonight's train wreck yet. I wouldn't judge any states by their margins for at least a few days.

How could the tape not change views lol

Wisconsin is weird.

Honest question. Did it change your view on Trump? It didn't change mine. You've got to understand that all of us who knew what a giant shit bag he was before Friday are also part of that 'didn't change opinion' group, not just his blind supporters that stuck their fingers in their ears and refused to hear it.

Wisconsin is weird.
Almost half thinking worse of him seems pretty brutal for him.

Most things don't change people's views on their own. And it's not like it's really that surprising. I'd probably say it hasn't changed my view of him too!

HylianTom

Banned
We're taking the house, aren't we? Sure looks possible.
I think so, especially if this snowballs.

Get the popcorn ready... The GOP Civil war will be the real fight to watch now. And the beautiful part is that they're utterly fucked either way.

IHrF0eM.png

Spectacular.
And the beautiful thing about the past 48 hours:
no takesies-backsies for the GOP pols who have withdrawn endorsements. They can't go back.

Boke1879

Wisconsin is weird.

As long as those percentages with him being viewed worse keep growing. More stories will drip out.

There are just people that will vote for him regardless. I think the bigger damage is the dropped support and him likely attacking the GOP. It's going to happen.

It could be people already thought the worse of him lol.

Almost half thinking worse of him seems pretty brutal for him.

Most things don't change people's views on their own. And it's not like it's really that surprising. I'd probably say it hasn't changed my view of him too!

Yup. I think the 50% of people whose views haven't changed are basically half assholes who agree with him and half people like us who already thought he was a monster.

As long as those percentages with him being viewed worse keep growing. More stories will drip out.

There are just people that will vote for him regardless. I think the bigger damage is the dropped support and him likely attacking the GOP. It's going to happen.

He will get 40% still.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe Trump is going after Bill. They focus grouped this and it went horribly with undecideds.

Diablos

Van Jones mares a good point. If the GOP does bait and switch by booting Trump it is going to potentially throw the election into turmoil. Lawsuits galore. You own Trump, GOP. You're going to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom