• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
She gets to frame the narrative. Trump is going to bring up Bill right at the start of the debate. This is going to be terrible for him.

It means she can go high on the first question. Talk about rape-culture, antiquated views that women know all too well, and how we should have a conversation in America about how to lift women up, how men across the country can help, and how we can move forward.

He will then scream some shit about Bill and Wrong over her really high-minded answer. Counter with a bunch of conspiracy theory noise. Then she can drop the hammer with an answer like mine above.

Gives her the best of both worlds.

DID HE REALLY SAY THIS HOLY SHIT

looks to be a little different, but still bad.

"In a 2006 interview, Stern asks Trump, "Do you think you could now be banging 24-year-olds?"
"Oh, absolutely," Trump says.
"Would you do it?," asks Stern.
"I'd have no problem," Trump said.
Stern then asked Trump if he has an age limit.
"No, I have no age — I mean, I have age limit. I don't want to be like Congressman Foley, with, you know, 12-year-olds.""

sWq0ZX.png

YL2qwj.png

ReZ4U7.png

9C2G9Y2.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Todd destroyed him with the whole "You're accusing Hillary of being the real person when she's in private, so why aren't you doing the same thing for Trump" line. Devastating.

Trump is more concerned with retweeting support, shitting on the GOP and attacking Bill Clinton right now than preparing for the debate tonight.

Clinton has nothing to worry about, other than a shot that Trump telegraphed a week ago.

edit: Two weeks ago even.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Trump is more concerned with retweeting support, shitting on the GOP and attacking Bill Clinton right now than preparing for the debate tonight.

Clinton has nothing to worry about, other than a shot that Trump telegraphed a week ago.

Right. It means that she is going to hammer him. He is going to get real made right off the get go, and then when real people start asking questions about their own hardship he is going to be more red than orange and come off like an insane person.

This is gonna be gud.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump is going for the "Rich white men and uneducated white men only" vote this time around.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
What

WHAT

Source...?

As a long time stern fan, I can safely say I remember him saying stuff like that.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring up tapes from Trump's fight with AJ Benza. I think thre are some really good clips there.

Of course of some of these are extremely tongue and cheek and you have to consider that times were different, but to even think of saying that is fucking bizarre.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CNN confirming:

First few questions and followups will be about the tapes

Hillary will get first question

I wonder how she will address this honestly. I wonder how he will. I don't know how she should do it! MOOK PLEASE TELL US YOU HAVE FOCUS GROUPS

As a long time stern fan, I can safely say I remember him saying stuff like that.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring up tapes from Trump's fight with AJ Benza. I think thre are some really good clips there.

Of course of some of these are extremely tongue and cheek and you have to consider that times were different, but to even think of saying that is fucking bizarre.

We're talking 2006, not 1955 here.

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder how she will address this honestly. I wonder how he will. I don't know how she should do it! MOOK PLEASE TELL US YOU HAVE FOCUS GROUPS

People like to cite Hillary's reliance on focus group testing and research as a knock against her, but damn if I'm not feeling skippy about it for this precise kind of situation.

Hillary botching this Bill attack could really be bad. Hopefully she has something good.

Prep time Clinton is like pre time Batman, and she's had almost two weeks. Maybe if he hadn't telegraphed this repeatedly since minutes after the first debate, she could have been caught out on it.

Trump isn't going to be able to blind side her with it, and I still believe it requires more nuance than Trump is capable of to properly explain that the issue is Clinton quietening the people accusing her husband of rape.

My response would be something like: "Yes, my husband has been accused of rape, but it was never proven. Haven't you been accused of rape too Donald? As a former lawyer, I know that sometimes guilty people walk free, but I believe that by and large the legal system gets it right, and that my husband is no more a rapist than you are Donald."

Um wow, Steve tell us what you really think. Schmidt: Trump "has exposed the intellectual rot in the Republican Party + the modern-day moneychangers in the temple.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump "sincerely" apologizing for the tapes at the start of the debate could be a way to move beyond it. I just don't know!

Brinbe

Ugh, Reliable Sources is usually a great show, but these segments with paid PR Trump surrogates are always a complete waste of time. It's the exact sort of terrible cable news segment the show usually excoriates. Disappointing.

Diablos

Trump is going to legit hit Hillary at the debate if he completely snaps. For real. Hope they have a body up front with eyes on him at all times

Trump "sincerely" apologizing for the tapes at the start of the debate could be a way to move beyond it. I just don't know!

He could also go with "I have already apologiesed, and I want to talk about the real problems with America"

And just keep repeating that

I guess in my mind, the blow up I see most likely is something when confronted with Republicans asking him to step down. I could see him blurt out a "Fuck them!" or something like that. I honestly think his rage barely includes Hillary at the moment. It's the Republicans that have turned their backs on him that are at the forefront of his mind. And how does even a disciplined politician have an answer to that?

There's no way he is capable of that. Lord knows how many takes it took him to squeeze out that taped non apology. Any scripted apology he's given, he's seemed to subsequently move away from when he has an open forum.

Boke1879

There's no way he is capable of that. Lord knows how many takes it took him to squeeze out that taped non apology. Any scripted apology he's given, he's seemed to subsequently move away from when he has an open forum.

I think Kev is partially joking around here lol

sazzy

She should tie the entirety of the GOP with Donald and sink them together with one fatal shot.

Donald has said things RECENTLY which are equally as offensive as those on the tapes, yet the GOP continued to defend him.

He could also go with "I have already apologiesed, and I want to talk about the real problems with America"

And just keep repeating that

Real problems like how Bill Clinton raped some women and Hillary badgered them into silence!

That pivot is going to be as laughable as it was in the apology. Clinton would gladly talk the issues tonight, and she would run circles around Donald if they did that.

Nordicus

Also, she needs to bait the fuck out of him. Start naming Republicans who have run away from him in the last 24 hours. Mention Mike Pence cancelled all of his events and repudiated his remarks. Trigger the fuck out of him.

The odds of him calling Hillary a name on national TV are at about 50% in my mind right now.
Then after a Trump-trum or two, Hillary reminds Trump that he has to work with them (in the nightmare situation that he became president) and that he can't just fire them at will. I imagine that'd break his spirit after cussing them out on live TV.

Brinbe

lol Trump apologizing?

Even if he does it, how does it excuse the multitude of every other horrible thing he's said and done? There's no escaping.

Revolver

LOL Todd destroyed him with the whole "You're accusing Hillary of being the real person when she's in private, so why aren't you doing the same thing for Trump" line. Devastating.

I LOVED that line.

Sounds like Kellyanne's taking the weekend off again too. Rudy's trying to put on the "it's still good, it's still good" face but deep down he looks like even he knows it's over.

He could have the most eloquent apology prepared, and he could deliver it perfectly but he'd betray the apology the second he's forced to talk beyond that and at this point, he can't just apologize for words, he's going to have to deal with those who have called him out for doing exactly what he was bragging about. I don't see a situation where he doesn't slip into babbling incoherent Trump mode with this, where he just blurts out the first thing that comes to mind like, "That makes me smart" or "That wouldn't start a war"

Cyanity

Banned
Omg. Woman in the Face the Nation group just opened her answer with "Well, he clearly likes women" and the whole group started laughing

Hillary botching this Bill attack could really be bad. Hopefully she has something good.

Hilary's undead brain has been augmented by positronic implants. She's a cybernetic organism, functioning on a level we cannot comprehend. She''s had weeks to prepare her systems for tonight. She will be ready.

Brinbe

OH/FL rolling back into Clinton territory has us right back into blowout territory that we were in post-convention... And at least this time the campaign isn't gonna disappear for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom