• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilary's undead brain has been augmented by positronic implants. She's a cybernetic organism, functioning on a level we cannot comprehend. She''s had weeks to prepare her systems for tonight. She will be ready.

640129-the_authority_02___10.jpg

Dierce

I think going first is very risky. If Clinton goes out on the attack it gives orange turd the chance to 'apologize' to the audience and move away from the topic.

Real problems like how Bill Clinton raped some women and Hillary badgered them into silence!

That pivot is going to be as laughable as it was in the apology. Clinton would gladly talk the issues tonight, and she would run circles around Donald if they did that.

Oh I agree. I can't wait to see what they even try and do.

Clinton is going to destroy him.

Hillary botching this Bill attack could really be bad. Hopefully she has something good.

Her only hope is putting the theory of voter entrenchment to the test. Democrats care more about Trump's transgressions vs. Bill and her response. Republicans care more about Hillary and Bill.

Boke1879

Her only hope is putting the theory of voter entrenchment to the test. Democrats care more about Trump's transgressions vs. Bill and her response. Republicans care more about Hillary and Bill.

Yet the GO focused tested this very same shit and it went horrible for them among undecideds. There's a reason even Newt said this isn't a good idea before.

Effect

I think going first is very risky. If Clinton goes out on the attack it gives orange turd the chance to 'apologize' to the audience and move away from the topic.

She can preempt any possible apology though if she can go first. By saying he might try to apologize and put it in the heads that he doesn't really mean it and never has before unless forced. I wonder too if she can preempt any attack on her regarding Bill Clinton as well at the same time. Similar to how Obama in his opening answer in the 2nd debate of 2012 I believe used that as a chance to hit Romney on several things at once.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Hillary gives Donald the floor after a very brief statement since she's won the toss. "I think I, and America, want to hear your defense for this self-described predatory behavior. Donald?"

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, I can see Hillary not being a super attacker at first. She can make the first question about being a champion of women.

Diablos

Clinton knows how crucial the past couple of days have been for them. They're calculating every statement, every move. I trust they are prepared for EVERY version of Trump tonight.

I really don't think he's spent this past week or especially this past weekend preparing anything for the debate other than attacks on Hillary and Bill on sexual matters. No domestic policy prep, no foreign affairs prep. No smoothing over his problem areas from the first debate. None of that.

I would not be the least bit surprised if his debate prep this weekend was entirely stewing over Juanita Broaddrick, Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers, and Hillary's 1975 legal defense.

And I'm sure Hillary's prepared for any and all of it and has been for months.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Hillary needs to back off I think at first. Let Trump stick his foot in his mouth, then attack. Stay focused on your positives and future agenda. The rump shit will handle itself.

She really needs to rise above all this shit.

My wife has been complaining lately that every Hillary ad is about Trump, and she's more of a hardcore fan than I am.

His campaign staff will never be able to work in politics again after this.

Weren't most of his campaign staff low level people with no help of ever reaching national politics or Brietbart hacks? I mean, Jeff Zucker's Friend Corey was a state director for American's for Prosperity in New Hampshire and lost a race for town treasurer.

These were not people who ever really had any dreams of being a grand poobah. Even Kelly Anne Conway failed upward (Gingrich to Akin to Cruz) probably in part because she was a prominent woman.

Brinbe

I will say that the Clinton campaign response to the leaked speech transcripts has been pretty weak and unconvincing as a whole. Putting the blame on wikileaks or hackers and not responding to the substance of the comments is a losing argument. They're super lucky that the news cycle has been focused on Trump.

shem935

Banned
I will say that the Clinton campaign response to the leaked speech transcripts has been pretty weak and unconvincing. They're super lucky that the news cycle has been focused on Trump.

I haven't even heard them respond at all. They don't really need to in the first place.

I will say that the Clinton campaign response to the leaked speech transcripts has been pretty weak and unconvincing as a whole. Putting the blame on wikileaks or hackers and not responding to the substance of the comments is a losing argument. They're super lucky that the news cycle has been focused on Trump.

"Yeah, our grass is kinda overgrown. Look, we've been busy on the weekends - OH MY GOD, the neighbors house is on fire and they're shooting each other while naked and covered in feces!"

If I'm Hillary this is what I'm saying:

Yes, Anderson, I saw the tape. I would love to stand here and say that I'm surprised or shocked. I'm not. This is who I am running against. This is what he does. He attacks Muslim parents who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. He attacks a judge based on his heritage. He attacks prisoners of war. And, yes, he attacks women for their looks, their willingness to sleep with him or any other characteristic he deems important. This video just confirms what we all know: there is no other Donald Trump. This is it. As a woman, like most of the women in this room, we've been subjugated to this type of language for large parts of our lives. We know how it feels. But while Donald claims it was locker room banter, we need to remind ourselves that he's not running for captain of the football team. He's running for President. And this type of language, this type of discourse, is below the office of the Presidency."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OH/FL rolling back into Clinton territory has us right back into blowout territory that we were in post-convention... And at least this time the campaign isn't gonna disappear for a month.

If Trump melts down tonight maybe they should, lol

Boke1879

The content of the hacks isn't shit to begin with

There's nothing there though.

Bowdz

Hillary needs to back off I think at first. Let Trump stick his foot in his mouth, then attack. Stay focused on your positives and future agenda. The rump shit will handle itself.

She really needs to rise above all this shit.

This.

She has the opportunity to set the tone for her for the rest of the debate. She should be as positive and forward looking as possible in her opening statement and not even bringing up Trump's tape until she is directly asked about it. The frame can be SO CLEAR after this weekend between one candidate with an actual plan and a creepy psychopath who brags about sexual assault if Clinton plays up the positives.

Obviously, she should sprinkle some bait for Trump throughout and hit back hard when attacked by Trump, but this night needs to be about a positive frame for Hillary. The contrast of that and the almost literal dumpster fire right next to her will be stark.

Also, add me to the list of people who think there is a non zero chance that Trump calls Hillary a bitch on stage or tries to physically dominate her.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I don't think they're unrelated. If this was the focus of the newscycle, they'd respond. But it's not, so why flare it up?

The transcripts are weaksauce. No need to make it a bigger deal.

I dunno, I can see Hillary not being a super attacker at first. She can make the first question about being a champion of women.

If she opens with a question about Trump's comments on the tape I think she'd talk more about how it's representative of what women have to face everyday and the societal issues of sexual assault. I don't think there's a need for her to go on the attack about it, he's already getting plenty of that everywhere else, especially in the town hall setting.

Yet the GO focused tested this very same shit and it went horrible for them among undecideds. There's a reason even Newt said this isn't a good idea before.

They're probably just self-proclaiming themselves to be undecided and attention seekers. They've already made up their minds to vote for x, y, and, z. Or alternatively not vote. This race isn't as volatile as I would like.

WMBT27

If I'm Hillary this is what I'm saying:

Yes, Anderson, I saw the tape. I would love to stand here and say that I'm surprised or shocked. I'm not. This is who I am running against. This is what he does. He attacks Muslim parents who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. He attacks a judge based on his heritage. He attacks prisoners of war. And, yes, he attacks women for their looks, their willingness to sleep with him or any other characteristic he deems important. This video just confirms what we all know: there is no other Donald Trump. This is it. As a woman, like most of the women in this room, we've been subjugated to this type of language for large parts of our lives. We know how it feels. But while Donald claims it was locker room banter, we need to remind ourselves that he's not running for captain of the football team. He's running for President. And this type of language, this type of discourse, is below the office of the Presidency."

In tandem with this statement, i almost wonder if it makes sense for her to go ahead and preemptively bring up the Bill stuff. You know he's gonna bring it up, so preempt him and steal his talking points.

"And i know Donald is going to pivot this to my husband, because he believes women are only capable of being wives, so let me just address that as well"

Strip his advantage and he looks like Rubio-bot if he tries to keep bringing it up after she's already addressed it.

Ok. For real. He couldn't even get the apology in the video correct. He isn't going to apologize at the debate. He isn't playing multidimensional chess.

Does anyone know whether Hillary has psychologists on her team? If so, (and if Mook is reading this thread), pleeeease have them write a book about this election.

HylianTom

Banned
MSNBC says that Reince has freed RNC employees to follow their consciences in how they decide to work the remainder of the cycle.

{Beaten, happily!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom