• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political reporter for TIME:

CuV2mrWVIAAJpiP.jpg
Lol

Revolver

So Burnett is sitting on the "much worse" Trump tape? Jimmy Kimmel was right at the Emmys, "If Donald Trump gets elected and he builds that wall, the first person we’re throwing over it is Mark Burnett."

Vahagn

I grew up a Mississippi Southern Baptist. I was raised around churches for my whole life until college, and even joined a Christian fraternity. While I no longer believe, I met a lot of great people who did genuinely believe the Word and wanted to help the downtrodden; to live as Christ did.

But more numerous were the people who were clearly only going to church on holidays, and who snored through the sermons. After a few years, I even noticed that certain messages just never seemed to come up. It was always the "Watch out for the deceivers and the infiltrators" (AKA liberals and Mooslims) instead of any of the loving your neighbor stuff. After Obama got elected, things went super south and it was all politics all the time. The most interesting linguistic tick back then was that people started saying "It's a damn shame when our country won't elect a war hero over someone like Obama." and you could clearly tell that they were contrasting McCain as a soldier versus Obama the Muslim Deceiver.

So they abandoned Trump when he bashed that war hero, right? Lol.

I'm not a Christian but I Am a religious studies major, and the one thing I can say with near absolute certainty is that 90%+ of church sermons delivered around this country are no different than an episode of Sean Hannity. They're for people to tune in and get their ego stroked and made to feel superior to other religions or political beliefs.

Near every church sermon, while admonishing believers to be better and more fully live out the teachings of the Bible, contrast with the behavior of non-believers as an inferior group. Whether the "non-believers" are manifested as Hollywood, liberals, atheists, Muslims, modern society, etc. the message is always there.

"We're better than them, were soldiers for Christ and the Kingdom, and we need to remember to act like it".

There is a humility before the Lord God, but a superiority from non-believers that is reinforced over and over again.

So it's only a matter of time before the superiority complex influences parisheners more than the need to be humble and better.

r/The_Donald in full nuclear meltdown

otKIzGE.jpg

DQo9Ryg.jpg

The threads themselves are a mix of disbelief, anger and some resignation. They're hanging on to the new USC poll that has Trump 2% ahead for their dear lives.

Couldn't have happened to nicer individuals

HylianTom

Banned
As far as this "much worse thing" that's out there on Trump:
my guess is that it's something that's already in possession of the campaign. The Apprentice tapes would be nice, but it's completely optional. A bonus.

There's more to come, with or without Burnett.

Retro

Lack of concession speech just shows how weak he really is. Win-win!

That's pretty much how I imagine it. The difference now is, instead of saying the election was rigged by the Democrats, he'll say all the RINOs sabotaged his campaign from within, that they never really wanted him to win in the first place, it was all payback for embarrassing Jeb! and Lyin' Ted, be sure to read all about it in his new tell-all book or contact his lawyers to buy the rights to the TV miniseries so he can fund his 2020 campaign to take down both parties and Make America Great Again Again!

Wait, I've been away from the internet all day, but here's tape of Donald saying the n-word? I mean, I'm sure he's said it hundreds of times but this is on tape?

Dierce

I hope the Clinton campaign is prepared for the two different versions orange turd, not jus the unrestrained one. I wouldn't set all the eggs on that basket but I can be sure that he only prepared for a single particular avenue and an effective counter will be devastating.

Teggy

Yeah, I am guessing that Clinton has another Machado style video cut and ready to go and will drop it during her opening.

Boke1879

I hope the Clinton campaign is prepared for the two different versions orange turd, not jus the unrestrained one. I wouldn't set all the eggs on that basket but I can be sure that he only prepared for a single particular avenue and an effective counter will be devastating.

I don't know why we're worried about Clinton and preparedness.

BigAl1992

As far as this "much worse thing" that's out there on Trump:
my guess is that it's something that's already in possession of the campaign. The Apprentice tapes would be nice, but it's completely optional. A bonus.

There's more to come, with or without Burnett.

That's what I suspect too. Clinton absolutely must've been in possession of those tapes on Friday, it's just too perfect otherwise. No, what ever this worse tape is, they have it in their possession, and choosing when to push the button on the nuclear football.

Retro

Wait, I've been away from the internet all day, but here's tape of Donald saying the n-word? I mean, I'm sure he's said it hundreds of times but this is on tape?

Speculation that it exists at this point. We just know there's more out there. The tapes could be anything, from him saying the N word to him having some kind of weird Eyes Wide Shut orgy, but with farm animals or something.

Diablos

I can really see Trump just lying his ass off like never before, and saying something like there's a sex tape of Bill raping somebody from the 90s or five years ago or something stupid like that, just enough to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of enough voters to blunt the momentum of the Democrats right now. Like Carville said, he's basically a wounded animal right now. Who knows how low he will go?

Dierce

I don't know why we're worried about Clinton and preparedness.
I'm sure they are very prepared but maybe they expect to use some devastating strategy that would require an undisciplined orange turd. It would make perfect sense to expect that but hopefully, in the odd chance that it doesn't happen, I certainly want her to deal with the other version.

HylianTom

Banned
That's what I suspect too. Clinton absolutely must've been in possession of those tapes on Friday, it's just too perfect otherwise. No, what ever this worse tape is, they have it in their possession, and choosing when to push the button on the nuclear football.

I'm guessing they could play it out like this:

Debate goes well and Trump's trouble persists into this next week?
Hold-off on the release. Let the fire continue to burn with whatever new fuel the debate provides. A week or so later, once this pussy fire is dying-down, drop the other bomb, starting another fire. Another week of media gone.

Debate somehow goes poorly (a much less likely scenario)?
Drop the bomb, preventing a Clinton slide.

Hillary just needs to stay solid, and not take whatever bait Trump throws out, unless he's the one constantly on defense that is, with her keeping a foot directly on his throat.

Oriel

r/The_Donald in full nuclear meltdown

otKIzGE.jpg

DQo9Ryg.jpg

The threads themselves are a mix of disbelief, anger and some resignation. They're hanging on to the new USC poll that has Trump 2% ahead for their dear lives.

Couldn't have happened to nicer individuals

So much Putin worshipping from the sycophantic fascist cultists.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Washington Post: EVERYTHING TRUMP TOUCHES DIES

That's not an exaggeration either, that's the actual headline.

That's what con men do. They don't have any ability or will to make the things better. They just have the ability and will to gain your trust in them to make things better, before doing everything for the sake of themselves.

Thing is, Trump's not even that great of a con man. That the republican party fell for it says a lot more about the party's weaknesses than Trump's strengths.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Hillary is the most prepared person ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom