• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

I can really see Trump just lying his ass off like never before, and saying something like there's a sex tape of Bill raping somebody from the 90s or five years ago or something stupid like that, just enough to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of enough voters to blunt the momentum of the Democrats right now. Like Carville said, he's basically a wounded animal right now. Who knows how low he will go?

I think if he takes it that far the media will destroy him. I also believe the version that we must worry about is the one that just regurgitates talking points. That type of populism, regardless of how stupid and harmful, is still appealing to many undecideds.

kevin1025

Banned
Kellyanne Conway just posted this, on the way to the debate hall:

CuWJAUEXEAATvZ9.jpg

Horse tranquilizer is still working strong on Trump, I guess.

GusBus

The only thing keeping me from writing "Kellyanne Conway disappears" fanfiction is that the thread moves too fast.

Five years after relocating to Hong Kong, Kellyanne ran the biggest brothel in the city, frequently servicing politicians and dignitaries. Her way with people and snakelike charms made her a natural fit for this seedy new role life had cast her in. Her clients were afraid to ask questions about her mysterious past life, sensing she was hiding a dark, terrible secret.

So they abandoned Trump when he bashed that war hero, right? Lol.

I'm not a Christian but I Am a religious studies major, and the one thing I can say with near absolute certainty is that 90%+ of church sermons delivered around this country are no different than an episode of Sean Hannity. They're for people to tune in and get their ego stroked and made to feel superior to other religions or political beliefs.

Near every church sermon, while admonishing believers to be better and more fully live out the teachings of the Bible, contrast with the behavior of non-believers as an inferior group. Whether the "non-believers" are manifested as Hollywood, liberals, atheists, Muslims, modern society, etc. the message is always there.

"We're better than them, were soldiers for Christ and the Kingdom, and we need to remember to act like it".

There is a humility before the Lord God, but a superiority from non-believers that is reinforced over and over again.

So it's only a matter of time before the superiority complex influences parisheners more than the need to be humble and better.

Lol no, the narrative changed to "If McCain was a better fighter, he'd have easily beaten that Muslim terrorist."

And I agree with this assessment. The most creeped out I've ever been in my life was when my church started getting really into the hymn "They'll Know We Are Christians" which is a song that, on paper, sounds like it might be super peaceful, but it's sung as a sort of march that gave me the vibe that we were all about to go burn a mosque somewhere. It was super fucked up, and I think I stopped going a few weeks after the church made that song a regular feature.

Boke1879

I'm sure they are very prepared but maybe they expect to use some devastating strategy that would require an undisciplined orange turd. It would make perfect sense to expect that but hopefully, in the odd chance that it doesn't happen, I certainly want her to deal with the other version.

A week ago her campaign said they expected a more prepared Trump. Obviously they were bullshitting and were just trying to play the expectations game.

But I have no doubts if Trump IS behaved Clinton just goes on with business answering questions and explaining policy. Outclassing him.

But there is a 99% chance Trump will be Trump. I mean right at the beginning we're getting questions about the tape with Clinton responding first. I feel he'll be unhinged right out the gate and won't recover. He won't know what the hell he's talking about on other questions.

Also Trump has to be furious at the GOP as well. He's been openly attacking them on twitter. That's on his mind as well. Clinton could easily bait him in saying something like "even leaders in his own party are jumping ship. Even they see now that he is unfit to run for President."

mo60

I can really see Trump just lying his ass off like never before, and saying something like there's a sex tape of Bill raping somebody from the 90s or five years ago or something stupid like that, just enough to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of enough voters to blunt the momentum of the Democrats right now. Like Carville said, he's basically a wounded animal right now. Who knows how low he will go?

He will look desperate. Pulling stuff like that will just hurt him.

Retro

Five years after relocating to Hong Kong, Kellyanne ran the biggest brothel in the city, frequently servicing politicians and dignitaries. Her way with people and snakelike charms made her a natural fit for this seedy new role life had cast her in. Her clients were afraid to ask questions about her mysterious past life, sensing she was hiding a dark, terrible secret.

"The only hint of her former life was the orange macaque perched on her shoulder, a vile, mangy thing that all the customers eyed with disgust but the mad woman refused to part with."

Er...did someone just accuse of Hilary of failing with the kidnapped Boko Haram girls when that happened in 2014? And then the Clinton supporter said Clinton did all she could for them as Sos? These people are all stupid.

Diablos

Trump looking confident but also kind of bewildered.

Disciplined Trump returns or wounded animal? Aghhh it's not even 4 yet

Bowdz

And the worst response ever from Bush. I read about his checking his watch (don't remember seeing it live) but worse was just how out of touch and condescending he was. It felt like he was attacking the questioner instead of listening to her.

That is so tame compared to this year. I'm just thinking about how awkward the transitions are going to be if we come out of the gate talking abiut the tape. Donny goes nuclear with Bill and goes unhinged and they somehow, we are supposed to transition to an empathetic response when he's asked a question. It is going to be so jarring to watch.

Boke1879

Trump looking confident.

Disciplined Trump returns or wounded animal? Aghhh it's not even 4 yet

I'm sure you said the same thing before the first debate. Please tell me when Trump has been Disciplined in any debate setting? Also even if he is. He's going to say something stupid.

kevin1025

Banned
What are those? And how can you tell?

It's a dental tooth replacement that is a little too perfect looking. It looks like a real tooth, but it can be a little noticeable if you're looking for it. I lost most of my front tooth in a nasty fall, so I had to have a replacement and then a permanent porcelain veneer put in. No one has perfect teeth, and so when you see a full smile like that, it can be easy to spot, especially if you've been through the process.

Boke1879

Here's the thing. Trump is ALWAYS confident. That's why he's in the position he's in right now.

I'd actually be worried if Trump actually had a moment of clarity. Took a day or so off and can back on message.

The question was dumb though. It's not because of the national debt people around her lost their jobs, so I think it caught HW off-gaurd. He's like wtf is she talking about. The moderator tried to correct that from national debt to recession, but HW was too far gone down the national debt talking point and became defensive, since that doesn't affect him (or anyone for that matter). Slick Willy immediately caught the truth of what the lady was asking, which is, it's been a crappy economy and how he could relate to it.

And the worst response ever from Bush. I read about his checking his watch (don't remember seeing it live) but worse was just how out of touch and condescending he was. It felt like he was attacking the questioner instead of listening to her.

To be fair, it was a pretty confusing question. Bill being able to answer that question well was amazing.

It's a dental tooth replacement that is a little too perfect looking. It looks like a real tooth, but it can be a little noticeable if you're looking for it. I lost most of my front tooth in a nasty fall, so I had to have a replacement and then a permanent porcelain veneer put in. No one has perfect teeth, and so when you see a full smile like that, it can be easy to spot, especially if you've been through the process.

Ah gotcha. Well, as long as they work like the real thing. And yeah, Trump's grill looked too good for a 70 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom