• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is frustrating that Clinton has baggage on so many issues that even when you're talking about sexual assault there's an out for Trump when he says but what about Bill. Clinton could win but it will always be by less than a better candidate. I don't think it's wrong to say Democrats made a mistake in clearing the way for her.

Metal is weird politically on an America left-right place because most metal bands hate Christianity but display toxic masculinity as well.

They fit better with extreme right parties in Europe though.

But most bands I listen to are pretty apolitical in their lyrics.

Also, early Metallica songs are interesting politically... Megadeth's lyrics are also interesting politically because they veer so far left and right at times, Dave Mustaine kind of really represents the undecided white voter.

Guys do say some pretty stupid shit without the presence of any women, but if I ever heard someone say they wanted to do things to women without their permission I would knock the shit out them. This has exposed just how big of a problem we have with sexual assault in this country. And to be honest, it does make me pretty uncomfortable with some of the stories we have heard about Bill. That being said, there is nothing to indicate that Trump has changed a bit since 2005.

Blader

Generally, I brush off the "This is the beginning of the end of the (insert party name here) party" stuff, but I genuinely think the republicans solidifying behind racism and sexism will signal the end of their party as we know it within 2 decades. That stuff is not going over well with younger age groups right now, and I think it is finally going to stick.

Plenty of racism and sexism to go around among Millennials too.

Even though there isn't shit in there lol. But true. It's better than attacking Bill.

I'm telling yall. Even Newt knows attacking Bill is just bad news.

Well yeah, Newt did it the first time around.

If Trump has a semi-decent debate today, expect remaining Rs to stick by him.

If today is a disaster for Trump, tomorrow will be a bloodbath.

I think expectations are so low, it will come out as a semi-decent debate.

How are expectation low? People are assigning all kinds of goals to this that he needs to accomplish to save his campaign.

Dierce

Even though there isn't shit in there lol. But true. It's better than attacking Bill.

I'm telling yall. Even Newt knows attacking Bill is just bad news.

Well he is going to go with talking points like 'Clinton favors open borders and will make us less secure by bringing in Syrian refugees' and 'She is one person in private and another in public, she has admitted to this in the leak folks.' Although the last one will open him up to a rebuttal connecting him to the video.

diaspora

Generally, I brush off the "This is the beginning of the end of the (insert party name here) party" stuff, but I genuinely think the republicans solidifying behind racism and sexism will signal the end of their party as we know it within 2 decades. That stuff is not going over well with younger age groups right now, and I think it is finally going to stick.
Youth are as racist as their parents.

HylianTom

Banned
Trump has fucked himself with the expectations game:
you can't be boastful about how you're the best ever at everything, and then turn around and try to tamp-down expectations for a debate. Those two concepts don't mesh.

Boke1879

Expectations were rock bottom at the first debate as well he still failed. Even still. The tape is out there with the expectation of worse to come. R's can stick by him all they want.

Trump has shown no sign of ever changing and lets be real he's done very little to prep for this. His mind is most assuredly on like 3 different things right now.

Mizerman

That's what they said during the first debate, and he still couldn't pass that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It is frustrating that Clinton has baggage on so many issues that even when you're talking about sexual assault there's an out for Trump when he says but what about Bill. Clinton could win but it will always be by less than a better candidate. I don't think it's wrong to say Democrats made a mistake in clearing the way for her.

Who would have done better though?

Slizeezyc

lolz

Bowdz

Despite the shitstorm that the Trump campaign has become, I'm still nervous for tonight. I just hope Clinton can fucking knock it out of the park and end this thing.

Debirudog

I see very little reason to be nervous at this point. Trump can't prep to save his life and unlike the emails, and Clinton can counter it pretty easily because she had a lot of time to reflect on Bill's infidelity.

Trump has no out at all.

Strimei

Despite the shitstorm that the Trump campaign has become, I'm still nervous for tonight. I just hope Clinton can fucking knock it out of the park and end this thing.

I'm not too worried about it overall. There's more waiting anyway and you can bet that if Hillary doesn't do a terrific job, something else will come out this week.

Actually, it's a tape of Trump holding a bag of McDonald's in front of a homeless person and pulling it away from him over and over, taunting "Come get it. Come get it. What's the matter?"

As much as I'm positive about Clinton is going to win this debate, there is a chance of things going side ways.

diaspora

Having a public and private position is pretty... useful if not necessary for policy negotiations. You can take a public facing more extreme position and negotiate for a more moderate position that falls in line with what you actually want.

Actually, it's a tape of Trump holding a bag of McDonald's in front of a homeless person and pulling it away from him over and over, taunting "Come get it. Come get it. What's the matter?"

American Psycho is my personal favorite book because of the utterly bleak comedy and the sharp critique of Reagan's America, and I find it utterly brilliant that Patrick Bateman, who does this to homeless New Yorkers with dollar bills instead of bags of food, idolizes Donald Trump.

This year has made readings of that book even better.

The only thing I'm worried about is Bill Mitchell or Sean Hannity wearing a suicide vest to a Hillary event after this debate because of how distraught they are.

watershed

Banned
Seriously, how do I set my expectations for tonight's debate?

Trump has to have a contrite answer for the video leak, but we also know he's gonna be hot and attack both Clintons. Then you add in the town hall format and the fact that both candidates can walk around the stage. I really don't know what to expect.

Diablos

Regarding Merrick Garland, if the Republicans decide they want to move forward Dems really shouldn't say no regardless of if they win the House or not. Give Obama another victory and more to add to the legacy. Why not? Plus while he is older, you can still anticipate 15 years, maybe 20 which is still a good deal. He's a liberal. Not the most liberal, but a liberal.

Edit: lol @ wolf blitzer sign being held up behind MSNBC anchors.

Regarding Merrick Garland, if the Republicans decide they want to move forward Dems really shouldn't say no regardless of if they win the House or not. Give Obama another victory and more to add to the legacy. Why not? Plus while he is older, you can still anticipate 15 years, maybe 20 which is still a good deal.

Edit: lol @ wolf blitzer sign being held up behind MSNBC anchors.

Yeah, Obama gets to flip Scalia's seat. Let him be the one to DELETE that racist shit's legacy.

Literally, I feel like the silliest worry is that Trump will manage to do well tonight. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that this is the case. He is floating the Bill rape stuff because he wants to intimidate Hillary into not attacking him. He is a bully. Bullies do not fight on an even keel, and they surely don't throw a punch against someone stronger than they are.

He will still be woefully unprepared. He will have no idea how to last 90 minutes in a town hall format where everyone isn't kissing your ass. His campaign is so far off the rails, that I don't think god herself could fix it.

Y'all need alcohol, weed or Xanax. :)

'll be a nervous wreck in 2 hours but I get the high ground for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom