• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago, I went out with a girlfriend's family to celebrate her father's birthday. We went to a steakhouse in town that I really liked and was really excited to go because I thought I was getting a free steak.

They were very much a rare steak blood-in-the-potatoes family and it made me sick to my stomach, but I never said anything about it. Then we were all ordering at the steakhouse and I ordered my steak "medium-well." The sudden, visceral, reaction I received from the party of ten diners was so intense that the waitress excused herself and said she would come back in a few minutes.

The mother, a vile woman by every measure, said "if you're going to eat shoe leather, you can pay for it." The whole table agreed. My actual girlfriend said nothing, blissfully uninvolved in the whipping I was receiving. The father, who liked me but was definitely not my friend, said "we are at a NICE steakhouse that serves GOOD STEAKS and you're ruining yours."

For the entire dinner, people kept making fun of me. "How's your steak, Anthony? Is it good?" and the whole table would laugh. It was insane. I was a sideshow to these people.

When it came time to pay, there were two checks. One for everyone else's and one for mine.

I think steak is best medium rare or rare, but I never mock somebody for their tastes at the table, and this is outright horrible. The GF letting also this slide is a massive red flag.

017481a1fb9a76aa8de2d3ece2a06644.gif

Emerson's AZ poll was adjusted to Queen +4 by bad Nate.

Veelk

Banned
The only thing I'm worried about is the last debate. Not overly so, but still. We know he'll bring up the emails and Benny Ghazi again, but if he doesn't reign trump in at all, then it might be the worst debate performance for Hillary of the 3. I don't think it will be significant enough to change minds, but every little bit counts.

I really hope one day, maybe 12 years from now, when Hillary is finally on her death bed and some fox reporter visits her to ask about the emails one last time, only for her last words to be "Fuck you and those emails"

God, does this mean the rest of the election cycle is going to be Trump and his surrogates saying he deserves praise for not attacking Hillary over Bill (and then proceeding immediately to do just that...like that douche Conway on GMA this morning)?

It's the pivot we've been waiting for! How Presidential, some will say!

Bowdz

Part of me wants Trump to actually act subdued during the debate so thst we can have an actual policy debate. Hillary is at her best talking about policy and right now, Trump's plans are so damn easy to discredit. It'd be good for the country to get a reminder that GOP policies suck.

Zukkoyaki

Wow. Clinton leading in a landline only poll of Arizona :O

We need to get an actually decent pollster out there to see what's up

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538
State polls we've gotten over the past 3 days are starting to look like early August or June, i.e. when Clinton had a BIG lead nationally.

Bad Nate! Good job!

Oh, new thread smell.

Trump failed spectacularly in the first debate without bringing up Bill Clinton's scandals, so him not bringing him up on Sunday says nothing about his performance.

Trump is gonna be Trump, he can't change. Certainly not in one week.

All Queen needs to do is have a more confident response to the questions on trade (this is where she should hammer him on his businesses), and otherwise focus on the audience. Then she's good.

She already has a great response for the Benghazi question if asked (her "I have lost more sleep on this than all of you put together" statement from the hearing was a damn solid punch in the gut)

Agreed although I think Trump will still bring it up if he feels he has been attacked enough to warrant it (lol). Hillary will be hitting him hard and the only way he probably thinks he can emotionally hurt/crush/dominate/etc her is by bringing up Bill. Obviously it won't work.

The crosstabs and questions from that FL poll are an extra dose of hopium if you haven't seen them. Most people, even most republicans want to:

1) Find a path to citizenship.
2) Index the minimum wage to inflation or raise it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Agreed although I think Trump will still bring it up if he feels he has been attacked enough to warrant it (lol). Hillary will be hitting him hard and the only way he probably thinks he can emotionally hurt/crush/dominate/etc her is by bringing up Bill. Obviously it won't work.

I can't help but wonder how he plans to bring it up at a town hall. It's going to be funny as shit.

Nordicus

Exactly.

Who cares if Trump doesn't mention Bill's past. He didn't in the last debate either. And him bringing it up like this isn't even a good look.
Of course it isn't a good look!

We just want to see what kind of doomsday Trump invokes on himself if he presses the Big Red Button

I think, if we lose Ohio and Iowa, I want Florida, NC, and Arizona.

Not because we need them to win, but I think the excitement of the landslide would improve my sexual performance for the entirety of Clinton's presidency.

Trump is too chicken to bring it up to her face.

First, he's generally chicken about confrontations like this with actually powerful people.

Second, he's been chummy with both of them for years.

Third, he doesn't really think Bill did anything wrong.

Dierce

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/paul-ryan-budget-congress-229216

They are seriously deranged. I know some of us joke around that republicans might go ahead and try to impeach orange turd if he, to the devastation of the world, became president but the fact is they wont.

He is the perfect vehicle for them to pass the most draconian, undemocratic and self serving laws imaginable. I don't understand how a politician can go around promising tax cuts yet we as a society don't immediately see it as bribery.

I mean....it's now a radioactive wall!

this guys is such a fucking POS. His answer to almost everything is "many people are saying X, I will look at it" which is just code for "I have no clue what your talking about and I don't have any plan so I will just punt on my answer". The interviewer should have asked him what it is he thinks he's talking about. I have a funny feeling Trump would have had a A-Leppo moment.

Dierce

If orange turd didn't pretend to be a billionaire would anyone give a fuck about him? He talks like he has brain damage and is innately stupid. That fucker should have been born in extreme poverty.

Trump has said a lot of things

Why do you guys think because he was told to say this, he won't collapse in the town hall just like he did in debate #1?

Because we assume he has some sort of strategy, and while we expect him to transform into UNHINGED TRUMP, even he realizes going after Bill makes little sense if he even wants to try to win the debate.

Bowdz

I mean....it's now a radioactive wall!

Wow. That really is such a pathetic response and yet millennials still bring up Hillary's Keystone Pipeline answer of "When I'm elected, you'll know where I stand" or something like that.

Yup, no double standard at all.

Zukkoyaki

It's been said to death but it's actually kind of incredible how 538's "forecast" has shifted nearly 30% in less than two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom