• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Mike Pence was listed in three presidential polls in 2014.

He got 1%, 1% and 0%.

The same three polls had Jeb! leading with 14%, 14% and 23%.

2012 VP nominee Paul Ryan got 3%, 9% and 5%.

Gonna get some sick ass polls tomorrow

Can't wait to see the effect of "Okay, let's talk about islamaphobia. It's a big problem. Your people are killing us."

My favorite part of the debate was Trump screaming that Hillary wanted single-payer ("which is a disaster") right before saying that Bernie supporters shouldn't vote for her.

It's like... omg, this guy is so fucking stupid.

I don't have that many liberal friends and family on Facebook, but I do have one cousin who shared this gem, which does accurately sum up many of the rest of them on my feed.

Sk7Ey1z.jpg

Trump did fuck all to change the narrative yall. Tomorrow I feel we'll hear about the GOP house call, Trump openly admitting he doesn't talk to his running mate, jailing his opponent . I can't wait to see what Priebus has to say tomorrow after 5.

Clinton's Rally tomorrow should go well.

Exactly. And he needed to. Badly.

benjipwns

Banned
In November 2006, Pence announced his candidacy for leader of the Republican Party (minority leader) in the United States House of Representatives.[28] Pence's release announcing his run for minority leader focused on a "return to the values" of the 1994 Republican Revolution.[29] However, he lost the bid to Representative John Boehner of Ohio by a vote of 168 for Boehner, 27 for Pence, and one for Representative Joe Barton of Texas).
good job, good effort

Pence left the Indiana Policy Review Foundation in 1993, a year after beginning to host The Mike Pence Show, a talk radio program based in WRCR-FM in Rushville, Indiana.[15][16] Pence called himself "Rush Limbaugh on decaf" since he considered himself politically conservative while not as outspoken as Limbaugh.
lol

Bowdz

Lol.

Thank you Luntz, for continuing to push the exact type of misinformation that made the GOP base live in a completely different reality from the rest of america and give Trump the republican nomination.

Lol.

This is seriously the reason why the base is such a basket of deplorables. The right wing media bubble is so divorced from reality and in a constant race to the right that it creates the type of environment where the base of the GOP is threatening to not vote downballot for any republicans who have abandoned Trump. It is not going to stop after the election either because right wing talk radio and media outlets make their living off the backs of the lunatic fringe that they cater too. The GOP is fucked in the near term and fucked in the long term.

Veelk

Banned
Honestly, while I was concerned at the end of the debate, I feel I can rest more easily now that it's over and it's shown to go over well. And people have put forth good arguments taht maybe hillary didn't do as badly on some of the answers as I thought she did at first. I still think she could have done better, but as long as Trump is still losing, I'll take it.

One last question, one that's been bugging me since I heard about it. Chris Wallace, of Fox news, will be moderating the third debate. Is there any reason to be concerned?

Trump did fuck all to change the narrative yall. Tomorrow I feel we'll hear about the GOP house call, Trump openly admitting he doesn't talk to his running mate, jailing his opponent . I can't wait to see what Priebus has to say tomorrow after 5.

Clinton's Rally tomorrow should go well.

that rally's going to be fun as hell

i should know, because i'm working it

Why do people talk about Mike Pence being a serious threat for 2020? Or as if he was one before Trump picked him?

The dude was on thin ice winning re-election on his own this year.

Because he looks good in comparison to Trump. But, yes, I would love for the Republicans to nominate an unpopular red state governor. Maybe send O'Malley in against him just to make things fair.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly, while I was concerned at the end of the debate, I feel I can rest more easily now that it's over and it's shown to go over well. And people have put forth good arguments taht maybe hillary didn't do as badly on some of the answers as I thought she did at first. I still think she could have done better, but as long as Trump is still losing, I'll take it.

One last question, one that's been bugging me since I heard about it. Chris Wallace, of Fox news, will be moderating the third debate. Is there any reason to be concerned?

He said he doesn't care about fact checking, so he might not push back as hard as Cooper, Raddatz or Holt did.

Joeytj

Banned

I don't think so. This is as "good" as Trump can get in a debate and the third one is entirely about foreign policy.

By that time though, the election will be even more cooked. A third debate has even mattered less than teh first and second debate, historically.

benjipwns

Banned
Yes, Chris Wallace is a distinguished reporter who has worked for NBC, ABC and Fox who despite being a registered Democrat is regarded as a tough questioner.

watershed

Banned
I think Prebius and company are going to officially give the green light for downticket republicans to run away from against Trump and go with the "elect us to stop Hillary" theme going forward. Trump is done and they know it and this debate did nothing to change that. They're gonna throw Trump under the bus and try to save their majority now.

Joeytj

Banned
Hasn't it occurred to anybody that the reason tomorrow's GOP meeting is so late (5pm) is because they want to wait for more reactions to the debate (both public and internal polling plus media narrative) and maybe even another bombshell against Trump?

TheFatOne

I think Prebius and company are going to officially give the green light for downticket republicans to run away from against Trump and go with the "elect us to stop Hillary" theme going forward. Trump is done and they know it and this debate did nothing to change that. They're gonna throw Trump under the bus and try to save their majority now.
I don't think this is true yet. Trump threw a ton of red meat for his base. They are going to be extremely satisfied and that will make it much harder to dump him. They desperately need their votes to hold onto the Senate and House. They will hold onto Trump as long as possible. On the next round of opo research they will dump him.

Hasn't it occurred to anybody that the reason tomorrow's GOP meeting is so late (5pm) is because they want to wait for more reactions to the debate (both public and internal polling plus media narrative) and maybe even another bombshell against Trump?

Nah, Priebus just won't wake up from his Baily's and cereal hangover until 4PM tomorrow.

Slacker

I may have missed it because whenever Kellyann starts talking my ears fold themselves closed as a defense mechanism, but did she insinuate that there are sitting members of Congress who have sexually harassed her or others?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I'm concerned that we'll have gone through all the debates without ever talking about climate change, or income inequality, and a number other important topics that don't concern ISIS, taxes, Obamacare, or personal attacks.

If Wallace does decide to focus on "real issues" it's going to be just like the VP debate, where the questions are about how we get to balanced budgets that would be economically stupid, and the supposedly non solvent social security that is way more solvent than people act.

I'm not concerned about Hillary looking bad though.

They can't really do that. Especially after this debate,where Trump basically tossed nothing but red meat in his rare coherent moments. Trump supports are the Republican base. The rank and file are dependent on Trump's voters to win the election more than Trump is reliant on hesitant traditional conservatives to hold their nose and vote for him.

Ugh, what I saw of the debate made me ill. People cheering for the dumbest lines and just a bunch of slander.

Please let whatever the next tape is drop soon.

Pixieking

Banned
They can't really do that. Especially after this debate,where Trump basically tossed nothing but red meat in his rare coherent moments. Trump supports are the Republican base. The rank and file are dependent on Trump's voters to win the election more than Trump is reliant on hesitant traditional conservatives to hold their nose and vote for him.

Probably figures that those ads would annoy him, so they must've annoyed her.

Unrelated...

Jennifer Jacobs Verified account
‏@JenniferJJacobs

Expect Team Trump to keep hounding Clinton for her husband's long-ago behavior, I'm told. His strategists gleefully believe it rattled her.

Ithil

I don't think this is true yet. Trump threw a ton of red meat for his base. They are going to be extremely satisfied and that will make it much harder to dump him. They desperately need their votes to hold onto the Senate and House. They will hold onto Trump as long as possible. On the next round of opo research they will dump him.

For his base, sure, his alt-right base. But he completely whiffed on the question about his tapes, between his non-answer to the sexual assault questions and his unsettling, lurking demeanour throughout the debate where he stomped around during her answers, loomed behind her, went and leaned on her chair, etc, I can't imagine he looked anything other than terrible to women watching tonight.

Trump's answer on birtherism was much better tonight than in the first debate.

But that's only because Trump's answer on birtherism in the first debate was the worst presidential debate moment in American history other than "there is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom