• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, no, I would expect to see a lot more of them. It's all Trump has.

I mean, they will try. But those people hurt his numbers more than they help and Hillary won't have to address it up-front to him, so she can give good calculated responses if needs be.

Their whole plan was for Hillary to bomb today and she didn't, so their Bill Clinton card is mostly played.

Trouble

Banned
Yes, a talented and extraordinary blonde woman on the TV said so.

mouQosz.gif

Bowdz

I mean, they will try. But those people hurt his numbers more than they help and Hillary won't have to address it up-front to him, so she can give good calculated responses if needs be.

Their whole plan was for Hillary to bomb today and she didn't, so their Bill Clinton card is mostly played.

Didn't WaPo just post an article saying Trump's team is "giddy", thought he crushed the debate tonight, and plan to hammer the Bill's victim's angle going forward because they "thought it rattled Hillary"? This is definitely going to be their line of attack for the immediate future until the next big oppo drops.

Can we just talk about how strange it is that Christie and Kushner are two of the most important Trump advisers even though Christie got Kushner's dad sent to prison?

Like, how do these discussions even go?

Paul Ryan Sitting Among Undecided Voters At Town Hall Debate - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
8e97TNT.jpg

The one being discussed in here the past few minutes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...thwarted/?postshare=811476078962605&tid=ss_tw

Basically, the Trump campaign tried to put the women accusing Bill (and one from the 1975 rape case where Hillary was the defender) in the family box.

And they're considering using their "outrage" over this as a means to skip the last debate so Trump doesn't have to bother learning anything about Syria.

wutwutwut

Wait.

He said during the debate that he never grabbed anyone's crotch.

Jill Harth is on record saying that Trump has done exactly that.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.theonion.com/article/confused-audience-member-town-hall-debate-asking-a-54138
ST. LOUIS—Insisting the signaling devices posed a safety threat to the local community, a confused audience member at Sunday night’s presidential town hall debate reportedly questioned the nominees about the city’s new traffic lights. “Those new stoplights they put in near downtown never work right, and I want to know if there’s a plan to do something about it,” said the misguided man, before stating to the two frontrunners for president of the United States that someone needed to be held accountable for the traffic backups the signal was causing. “The yellow lights on them go by way too quick. It’s hard to tell if you should stop or not. On top of that, the new ones they put in at Tucker and Washington were on the fritz the other day, and that’s a busy intersection. Somebody needs to fix them.” At press time, the same audience member was reportedly interrupting Donald Trump’s criticism of the Iran nuclear deal to ask a follow-up question about a big pothole on Truman Parkway.

I'd like to note that during the debate we actually had about 90 minutes of talk that didn't make me feel like everything was re-battling the fights of the 1990s. Hillary's replies to the actual salient issues of the day were almost universally good, outside of the Syria question, which sadly doesn't have a real debate friendly answer (noting that Trump's plan is terrifying - unilateral escalation and first strike(!!!!) could easily put us down a road we don't want to go on.

Speaking of which the campaign should air that Daisy ad more this week. It looks even more relevant after Trump's performance tonight.

Bowdz

Trump has made Breaking Bad feel tame. None of the infinitely questionable stuff Walter White does is as bad as it used to be.

Seriously.

It's really starting to dawn on me (and obviously the GOP) just how utterly horrible Trump really is and how he will be a permanent stain on the GOP going forward. I knew Trump was bad before this election and I knew had terrible he was during the primary and general, but this past week has made him show his true colors as a bitter, vindictive, egomaniac with absolutely no respect for anyone who isn't behind him 100%. Who knows how bad the final election results will be for Trump, but there will be no living him down by 2020 for the GOP and I think they are starting to realize it.

benjipwns

Banned
The Trump campaign has been good for the GOP. They needed to actually face the gaping chasm in their party and have the Bush malignancy put to bed. They had too successfully neutered the Tea Party primary challenges.

And it's better to use him and discard him for both their Obama and Clinton obsessions. He's almost an ideal vehicle because you would never had have a Rubio or Jeb! or whoever trotting out the trump...card of Bill's accusers like this. And so you'd have the rabid wing of the base saying "if only they had actually fought and brought up Bill!" It forced the Coulter/Rush/Hannity (has anyone called him btw?)/Hewitt/NRO/etc. types to, if only for a brief second*, weigh their loyalty to the party vs. loyalty to what they claim to be their principles.

The bad part is it's given the Democrats another eight years to not come to terms with their own fragile coalition and continue kicking the can on everything while insisting everything's fine. Thankfully the 2018, 2020 and 2022 elections will take care of that. Especially the Gilman/benji landslide of 2020.

Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.

I just cannot wrap my head around this .

A person who wants to be leader of the free world consistently interrupting his opponent, threatens to find the means to put her on jail, tells a Muslim woman that Islamaphobia is Muslims fault, had his daughter and her husband attempt to pull a stunt with alleged rape victims, condoned grab pussy talk by brushing it off as locker room talk, wants to vet Muslims, and then somehow had the balls to talk about what someone was feeling in their heart (hate)

How do you reconcile the fact that people want to vote for a man who is pandering to deplorables?
Partisanship.

Owzers

I just cannot wrap my head around this .

A person who wants to be leader of the free world consistently interrupting his opponent, threatens to find the means to put her on jail, tells a Muslim woman that Islamaphobia is Muslims fault, had his daughter and her husband attempt to pull a stunt with alleged rape victims, condoned grab pussy talk by brushing it off as locker room talk, wants to vet Muslims, and then somehow had the balls to talk about what someone was feeling in their heart (hate)

How do you reconcile the fact that people want to vote for a man who is pandering to deplorables?

Brawndo's got what plants crave.

Vahagn

Nah, they're trash people. They exist in every country on earth. They elected Duterte in The Philippines, voted for Brexit, support ISIS and Al Queda, and Nazi-style parties in Europe.

These people exist, they are the ultra right wing movement of any country. Sexist, intolerant, closed minded, and in support of ethnic and religious purity.

Trump lacks the intellect, charisma, and temperament to win a Presidential debate. His act plays to his base, but that crap isn't going to work on the big stage. Hillary wasn't very good last night, but she kinda wins be default

sazzy

so what happens now

I was hoping for more brutal takedowns but it didn't happen

kinda disappointed

what's the next scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom