• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop the next tape early, imo. Put all the pressure on now and see if we reach a breaking point?

We have three weeks. I say that you let CNN and the like talk about the tape, and when that news cycle peters out at the end of this week, drop the N-bomb tape (and we all know it's that, right?) a day or two later.

Remember, the rumor is that the Clinton campaign still has two bullets in the chamber that are as deadly as the sexual assault tape, so they can drop one in a week, claim another news cycle leading into the debate, and then sit back and decide whether or not to drop the last one if they need to.

HylianTom

Banned
The panic we're seeing from the GOP is also tacit admission that they don't have an oppo drop of their own to deploy as a counter to Clinton's information.. at least not on a scale to where it'd change the race. They're spent.

lyrick

8etyvev.png

What's the value add in selecting 'No'

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We have three weeks. I say that you let CNN and the like talk about the tape, and when that news cycle peters out at the end of this week, drop the N-bomb tape (and we all know it's that, right?) a day or two later.

Remember, the rumor is that the Clinton campaign still has two bullets in the chamber that are as deadly as the sexual assault tape, so they can drop one in a week, claim another news cycle leading into the debate, and then sit back and decide whether or not to drop the last one if they need to.

You always double tap, just to be sure.

Zukkoyaki

The panic we're seeing from the GOP is also tacit admission that they don't have an oppo drop of their own to deploy as a counter to Clinton's information.. at least not on a scale to where it'd change the race. They're spent.
Neither does WikiLeaks after having a worldwide 10th anniversary stream that amounted to nothing.

Edit: Speak of the devil. They are flailing and screaming.

Well, HW Bush vs Dukakis had a popular vote margin of 8 points and the electoral map looked like this.

349px-ElectoralCollege1988.svg.png

Note, however, that states are more polarized now. Dukakis won 10 states (plus DC). A naive reading that used partisan voting index and assumed uniform swing (i.e. ignoring elasticity and any local factors) would give the Republican candidate 17 or 18 states (South Carolina would be a tossup).

Boke1879

This may be a lesson to all of us who think any debate performance will change the trajectory of your campaign after a video comes out of you bragging about sexual assault.

Well this poll is pre debate, but I still don't see how it changes anything drastically. Especially now that the debate narrative is done. That poll, the Paul Ryan shit and even the tape is still topic of discussion.

Like I don't know how well The View does, but the tape was the first thing they lead with, and that panel was ripping into Trump.

Truth.

Trump's Clinton stunt last night felt like a dumb AI proudly playing its last card in Gwent...on the second round...while the player still has three cards in their hand and are already up by one.

Save the oppo. It'd be wasted for the next week. This is going to be self-reinforcing.

Yup. Don't try to interrupt a bad news cycle for your opponent. It's the same principle by which it was the right decision to Clinton not to be more aggressive last night. When your opponent is imploding just sit back and watch it happen.

TreIII

Mmmmf. Dem polls.

Dare I hope we can get a good two years of progress and not have it ruined by blue dogs along the way...?

benjipwns

Banned
debate night is totally turning those numbers around you silly kids:
Melania-Trump-pussy-bow-Associated-Press-640x486.jpg

Melania Trump, wife of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, wore a Gucci blouse called a “pussy bow” to the second presidential debate.

The potential First Lady’s wardrobe choice came as her husband faced blistering criticism over a recorded conversation in 2005 in which he joked about groping women. One of the words he used included a crude reference to the female anatomy.

The Gucci “pussy-bow” blouse retails at Net-a-Porter.com for $1,100. The site’s editors note: “Pussy-bow shirts are one of Gucci’s signature silhouettes. New for Pre-Fall ’16, this fuchsia style is cut from silk crepe de chine for a languid drape. We think it’s a chic way to elevate office or weekend looks.”

Mrs. Trump matched the blouse with a set of fuchsia slacks.

After the debate, Melania Trump greeted Bill Clinton — wearing her pussy-bow, of course.

I finally remembered to pull of the full text of that post office shit.

Trumpy said:
I have a very, very great balance sheet, so great that when I did the Old Post Office on Pennsylvania Avenue, the United States government, because of my balance sheet, which they actually know very well, chose me to do the Old Post Office, between the White House and Congress, chose me to do the Old Post Office. One of the primary area things, in fact, perhaps the primary thing was balance sheet. But I have no loans with Russia. You could go to the United States government, and they would probably tell you that, because they know my sheet very well in order to get that development I had to have.

Can somebody translate?

Grief.exe

I finally remembered to pull of the full text of that post office shit.

Can somebody translate?

They sold him a government property, so they probably had to look at his internal numbers to insure he was solvent.

We straight up have a recording with one of his sons saying a plurality of their investment is coming out of Russia a few years ago.

Random17

Closer to the election. Make that shock and awe before the polls open.
Early voting is about to begin and people may have made have their minds by then.

The goal is to split Trump from the party, one or two big ones after another will physically break the GOP in half. This will ensure both up and down ballot supremacy for the Dems.

I honestly think Trump is one last new controversy away from a knockout, either from his own admission of defiance or the party taking action. The second debate should have been it, but he didn't do that bad in comparison to the first despite still being an idiot.

It would be nice to see less Breitbart and RT sources, but less WikiLeaks is a good start.
gm4P5ar.png

What it does exactly is very heavily dependent on how Google News categorizes each article (political affiliation, content type, site, etc.) so it actually could have that effect. The only thing that seems relatively certain is that it'll show you less RT and Wikileaks. The 'yes/no' is intended to perform the same function as the thumbs up and thumbs down in Pandora.

even if the debates reignited his fans and her lead tightens, digital drop #2 is still coming. republican voters are probably feeling the greatest amounts of torment rn.

They sold him a government property, so they probably had to look at his internal numbers to insure he was solvent.

OK, it's a sixty year lease, so this actually makes sense.

Too bad he couldn't verbalize it way better.

"I leased the Old Post Office building for 60 years for redevelopment. The federal government reviewed my balance sheet and saw no red flags."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom