• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

You know, the one terrible thing that I don't think Trump is is a homophobe. He's never gone after Rosie, for example, for being gay. I think he's ambivalent towards gay people, but I don't think he's as bad as Pence, Carson or the rest of the clown car.
L..g.....Bee...T......Q..... community

While a generic ballot tests shows a Democrat up by 7 points over any Republican lawmaker, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s poll — conducted nationwide by the Global Strategy Group — shows the Democratic candidate has a 12-point edge if the Republican recently withdrew their support from Trump. If a Republican lawmaker continues to support Trump, the private polling shows they are at a similar 12-point deficit….
Unreal. This is like something Captain Kirk would tell an evil computer to make it explode.

GusBus

I think whatever Pence does it will have been worked out with the GOP leadership. They likely put him in this situation. They'll work out a strategy for him and the party won't hold this disaster against him.

You'd think so. Could he really have been stupid enough to get on board this train without an insurance policy?

sazzy

You know how when you're playing an RPG and your character level is just about right and so the game is fun and challenging...

But if you overlevel in the last quarter of the game or so it just becomes too easy and ... boring.

That's what this feels like.

Interesting quote from LePage today. You don't usually see Republicans (especially elected Republicans) actually come out and say they support authoritarianism directly by name.

CufOBfeXEAAHgJt.jpg

https://twitter.com/mikeshepherdME/status/785823324773416960

Man, living in the South, I like to think that I understand the conservative point of view pretty well, but what "rule of law" means to them is like something from another planet. Rule of law is a constraint on power, not a license for tyranny.

Toxi

Banned
You know how when you're playing an RPG and your character level is just about right and so the game is fun and challenging...

But if you overlevel in the last quarter of the game or so it just becomes too easy and ... boring.

That's what this feels like.
No, this is getting ready for the super difficult post-game bosses (Senate and House).

OmniOne

You know, the one terrible thing that I don't think Trump is is a homophobe. He's never gone after Rosie, for example, for being gay. I think he's ambivalent towards gay people, but I don't think he's as bad as Pence, Carson or the rest of the clown car.

I remember reading a quote where Trump makes a quip about calling Rosie a 'He'. The 'HE' pronoun slips out accidentally, and then he doubles down with a "Well I suppose you could say 'He'.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No glenn, its not easy to imagine that.

The dude is intentionally exonerating a legit russian government prop-site

small embarassment

and you've never gone on insane tweeting sprees when the media doesn't report what you want!

You want people to litigate you're initial NSA stories where you overhyped and lied?

Glenn knows the real problem is people being too mean to russia!

Just unfollow him and don't bother.

I'd like to pull this out of your post though:

You want people to litigate you're initial NSA stories where you overhyped and lied?

Because without those stories I'm pretty sure he never warrants his own website.

Clear to Pence. You've got to give people inside the bubble longer to see the writing on the wall, if they ever will.

Losing with Trump was going to stain Pence forever and he knew that. It's not like he had any other big plays coming in his political career. IF he at least sticks it out with this shit heap, he can get a cushy job being Kurgan in Trump's new Truth Commission network.

There's that famed Presidential discipline that Anderson Cooper asked about.

Speaking of which, I guess I didn't realize how bad that made Trump look. He immediately started lying about the "sex tape" comment (easily checked), tried to pivot to Benghazi, but never answered the accusation that he's undisciplined.

How the fuck does an undecided voter see this shit and still not choose Hillary. Trump is completely mentally unstable. You want this man steering our country?

Losing with Trump was going to stain Pence forever and he knew that. It's not like he had any other big plays coming in his political career. IF he at least sticks it out with this shit heap, he can get a cushy job being Kurgan in Trump's new Truth Commission network.

Pence gets back into media after this. He should be able to get a TV show.

Again, I submit that Trump+Ryan+RINO is a deliciously fun twitter read right now.

I live for this!

And to think we're only just scratching the surface on the long term effects of the conservative entertainment complex. Conservative opinion news preyed upon people's legitimate concerns and frustrations for decades and produced what could be the least informed, least capable electorate in the history of democracy.

That right there is the first time I've ever started to wonder if he really is trying to lose on purpose; this is just fucking crazy.

No, it just shows how vindictive he is. And why he can never be President. He would cause International crisis after crisis with the way he acts. Just think Philippines President with the most powerful economy and military under his influence....

sazzy

rep. steve king still talking about trump would be better potus

wtf dude the guy is fucking MENTAL ... he's just the nominee right now and you dipshits are unable to control him.

wtf do you think is going to happen if he's the president???

Democrats can never let the country forget that the GOP was willing to allow this man to be the Commander in Chief of the US armed forces and give him control of the nuclear arsenal so they could repeal Obamacare and reverse Roe v Wade.

Brinbe

lol the party knows they're losing the POTUS and just hoping to save the House/Senate... GOOD FUCKING LUCK DOING THAT WHILE NOT PISSING OFF TRUMP HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kid Heart

HOLY SHIT

13Qp7EU.png

Yes, that's it Donald.

Fuel the Flames more, don't let them die down. Let it all burn.

Anyway, looks like Donald's desperate and trying to court the screw the establishment vote, since he doesn't have much else left to gain now. I think we will need to see Ryan's response, but depending on what he says the GOP might fracture before the day is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom