• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Seeing this campaign it is still a worthwhile exercise to try to picture in your mind's eye what the actual day to day of a Trump presidency would look like. Can you imagine the shit we would see hit the news on a daily basis? The investigations? There would be more scandal in the first eight minutes of Donalds presidency (oh shit he fucked up the oath again. Lets try this again!) than Obama's entire eight years. The twitter storms as the entire world daily sends out negative messages about Trump. His ego... My God.

Retro

someone find kellyanne

She fled deep into the Amazon Rainforest, where she found an indigenous tribe (that's never heard of Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump and especially not CNN) and became their mad, golden-haired goddess. She spends her day arguing with trees and confused anteaters, and any reporters they send looking for her end up with their heads on spikes, as warning to others.

Seeing this campaign it is still a worthwhile exercise to try to picture in your mind's eye what the actual day to day of a Trump presidency would look like. Can you imagine the shit we would see hit the news on a daily basis? The investigations? There would be more scandal in the first eight minutes of Donalds presidency (oh shit he fucked up the oath again. Lets try this again!) than Obama's entire eight yearz. The twitter storms as the entire world daily sends out negative messages about Trump. His ego... My God.

The CIA would assassinate Trump if it ever got that bad... which it would.

what is Trumps play here? He knows he lost so he is going to embrace it? act like he did it so Hillary could win? and become the savior of democrats everywhere?

Guy is out of his fucking mind.

iammeiam

No, it just shows how vindictive he is. And why he can never be President. He would cause International crisis after crisis with the way he acts. Just think Philippines President with the most powerful economy and military under his influence....

I think what's throwing me about this is he still actually has the backing of the GOP itself, at least in public. Him calling out Ryan or McCain or anybody else who has turned on him lately I totally get, but turning on Republicans as a group in general when the party is still on his side is what's weird to me.

what is Trumps play here? He knows he lost so he is going to embrace it? act like he did it so Hillary could win? and become the savior of democrats everywhere?

rofl, you think Trump has a play?

He's a salty fat pig who only knows how to bring people down with himself.

He gets a massive viewer base for his crazy Trump/Bannon/Breitbart network. It remains to be seen who will carry it, though.

You know I would've thought that by October I wouldn't see any more 'Guys, Bernie can still be president if this one very specific extremely illogical situation happens!!'.

Gruco

Banned
How the fuck does an undecided voter see this shit and still not choose Hillary. Trump is completely mentally unstable. You want this man steering our country?

Honestly it's something that makes me really sad if I think about it too much.

Trump is completely unstable. He's genuinely a horrible person, along almost any dimension in which a person can be horrible. He's ignorant, easily manipulated, incompetent, and above all hateful.

Any yet even in the worst (best) case scenario he'll probably get 35% of the vote. Some of that will be about the supreme court or party loyalty, but even that is going to be a vanishingly small share. What sad is how many people see all of his flaws a features. 35% is a stunning electoral defeat, but at the same time a shockingly large share of the country who are completely fine with (even enthusiastic with) overt racism, who find pathetic dominance rituals impressive, and who find the stunning ignorance buried in "honest Abe" of "a good senator would get it done" persuasive.

Vyse24

Again, I submit that Trump+Ryan+RINO is a deliciously fun twitter read right now.
C2nosY5.jpg

When the hell did Trump become the gold standard of the GOP?

So Trump supporters think it was Dan Senor (GOP strategist) and Campbell Brown (his wife, former reporter) who leaked the pussy tape.

CRAZY

Damn at the news. Anyway guys I've been saying this whole time that _insert_topical_news was going to happen. Also, expect me to not admit I was wrong when that time comes.

teiresias

I love how this offensive against the GOP happens the day after the campaign fires their Virginia campaign manager for organizing an RNC protest. That guys' gotta be like, "What the hell man??!!!"

Emarv

Today's tweets come from iPhone and web client.

Maybe we're reading this wrong. Maybe by "shackles" Trump meant he finally learned how to use Twitter from other devices! 🤔

Kusagari

This is what happens when you nominate someone who couldn't care less about your party or its ideals.

Trump only cares about his own image and he'll gladly destroy the party to make himself look better.

kess

I, ub, didn't expect Trump to fly off the handle to this extent before the third debate. It's like he's sticking up a middle finger inside the lion enclosure that is Fox News.

Gruco

Banned
C2nosY5.jpg

When the hell did Trump become the gold standard of the GOP?

He's given the base everything they've ever dreamed of. He's embraced their racism, conspiracy theories and hatred in ways that nerds like Romney never would have.

Josh Marshall has been talking about this a lot lately. The second debate was the "primal scream" that republicans have been desperate to see Clinton/Obama/Clinton face for 25 years.

At this point, he owns them completely.

jbug617

Banned
Trump really going to waste a week going after the GOP? Media is going to ignore his attack on Hillary and focus on the GOP attacks

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Best part? Mark another day down as a Trump L.

October 1st Surprise
October 2nd Surprise
October 3rd Surprise
October 4th Surprise
October 5th Surprise
October 6th Surprise
October 7th Surprise
October 8th Surprise
October 9th Surprise
October 10th Surprise
October 11th Surprise

Will the streak continue?

How long until we get a response from a GOP leader? I dying to hear it. They can't ignore this and they can't support the man now. This only gets uglier for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom