• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so strange to think the stupid argument of "Four years of Trump will teach everyone a lesson!", could quickly be turned into "Four years of Clinton + House + Senate will teach them a lesson!" on the deplorable side.

Ithil

I think Bannon is deliberately trying to weaken one side before the elections in the inevitable GOP civil war.

The thing is Bannon and his ilk want a facist, white supremacist extreme right country. Yet their attempts to make this happen are probably going to hand the presidency/senate/house to the democrats.

It's like trying to start your car to go to work, and somehow decapitating yourself with the car door.

kess

As much as I'd like to see Ryan lose an election, I can't help but wonder what damage alt-right entryism can do to our country. We want even our minority leaders to have a modicum of rational judgement.

But I can't admit that I'm not enjoying this, a little.

This is what you wanted, right?
This is my promise I made to you...
Eggman-trump.png

Sometimes Nate Silver can laugh at himself:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 45m45 minutes ago
THE PARTY DECIDES: Republicans won't pick Trump because no party could fuck up a nomination that badly.
REPUBLICANS: Oh yeah? Just watch us.

Grief.exe

If he's doing this you have to imagine Kellyanne has basically quit.

Basically there hasn't been Kellyanne's influence since either tape released. She would have been adamant that he would need to apologize or he would continue to lose female demographics and independents.

It's so strange to think the stupid argument of "Four years of Trump will teach everyone a lesson!", could quickly be turned into "Four years of Clinton + House + Senate will teach them a lesson!" on the deplorable side.

Just to see 4 years of growth and progress somehow twisted into a negative in 2020.

rjinaz

Lol CNN Trump surrogate was just just down. No No No No. Cut off before he even began and they moved on to the next point. It was amazing.

He was trying to imply that Hillary's entire career was as bad as Trump's recent tape and even threw out a "he's not running for pope".

iammeiam

Kellyanne has to be thinking of dropping out soon. I get the impression, from Trump's behavior, that she's not even being consulted.

I don't know what to make of her anymore--I thought she was smart right until she enthusiastically jumped in on Trump's stunt with the four women at the debate. That really felt like her recommitting to the grossest parts of his campaign at a low point, not planning her exit.

I do kind of wonder what Pence is thinking right now--his entire reason for being on the ticket was to smoothe over relations with the establishment. He just reaffirmed support after tape gate. Now his candidate is flying off the handle and attacking the establishment he represents.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politics/paul-lepage-authoritarian-power/index.html
Maine Gov Paul LePage said:
Sometimes, I wonder that our Constitution is not only broken, but we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country and bring back the rule of law because we've had eight years of a president, he's an autocrat, he just does it on his own, he ignores Congress and every single day, we're slipping into anarchy

This guy should run for president in 2020, considering how much republicans love candidates that have no filter when talking about the insane stuff Republicans believe.

TyrantII

If the GOP establishment was smart, they would Sabotage Trump and any far right wing candidate the next 30 days untill a time they can rebuild a more moderate majority.

Its painful, and they would ceed a lot of territory to Democrats the next few cycles. But it's a smart long term plan to rebrand and rebuild. Kick out the white nationalists and Christian apocalypsians.

They won't because it's the smart and the right thing to do. Still too much they're holding on to, despite the path they're on. They won't rip off the bandaid until the limb is already rotten.

Blader

Is it wrong to think that even being 33 years old is not young enough for Billy Bush to attribute his playing along with Trump to age or immaturity? It's not like he was a fucking teenager. 33 is a grown adult!

Amir0x

Banned
Remember when Hillary was caught on shocking video being dragged into her car after she collapses and everybody was like ohnos what does this mean ahh

Good times, good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom