• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
4) More trump tapes are going to leak and/or more bombshells from WaPo/NYT regarding taxes/charities.
I rather depend on what we can 100% depend on to boost Hillary haha. I agree odds are wonderful, but cant bake them into any poll analysis.

Hillary got this, and then some. No need to even bother worrying.

Is something happening here with Hillary's rallies? I only ask because she's never really been one to draw a crowd.

@danmericaCNN
Clinton's campaign expected a smaller audience to today in Miami with Al Gore. These seats were just opened.

CugnScWXgAAuQT_.jpg:large

Grief.exe

Pretty interesting, though I thought some of the knocks against Stein were unfair. I don't care for Stein that much but some of the rational for docking her points seems unfair.

Also, this is biased towards nuclear energy. Which actually I support. But also understand the rationale of those against it.

I didn't do a deep dive into Stein's answers, but I'm going to direct quote from the article here and my personal opinion on many of Stein's points mirrors this

bY9220s.jpg

Hillary campaign had to open balcony seats in Florida rally because way more people showed up than expected

CugnScWXgAAuQT_.jpg

Come on Hillary. Drag Murphy's dead ass over the finish line.

Well, they're downplaying it because they don't believe it and neither do you, they say. Again -- it's about eroding trust in institutions that become susceptible towards disinformation because they've contorted themselves against a pro-Western reality where there is ample evidence that the Russians did hack the DNC/Podesta/etc.

Look, I think that reporters should report on the leaks. Someone leaked Trump's taxes. But I also think that, with the taxes, they went out of their way to see if they were legitimate before they published them. That standard should probably apply here.

I'm also annoyed with the idea that we are allowed to peer into a campaign's personal emails in the name of journalism, but we can't know who is providing WikiLeaks with their material. Seems like a double standard.

What leads you to think that none of the news outlets reporting on the leaks have looked into their veracity at all?

Joeytj

Banned
Is something happening here with Hillary's rallies? I only ask because she's never really been one to draw a crowd.

The Trump worry is getting real. My roommate, who was pro-Bernie but not really that hardcore, is now saying he is legit scared of Trump and no longer thinks badly of Hillary. He even admires her now. And he's never been that much worried about politics.

It's becoming clear now to a lot of undecideds and young people that this shit isn't a game and Hillary has been doing a good job of being acceptable and even tough against Trump in the debates.

Just wondering, when someone says "we need a strong conservative party and a strong liberal party to keep in check," what positive things in this country has a conservative government done?

I'm drawing a blank at something conservatives can claim as a win that wouldn't have just been better with the liberal solution.

I didn't think Al Gore would be that big of a deal. But I guess, he is? Lol

His sense of humor might appeal to some millennials tho. (not being sarcastic)
I was being sarcastic but maybe I'm right? I'm young enough that I had basically no idea who Gore was for most of my life aside from being a climate change activist and claiming he invented the internet but I'm not really sure what my peers know or think about him.

Crocodile

A) When (day and time) and where is the Obama rally in Cleveland supposed to happen?

B) Is early voting in Ohio only done by absentee/mail ballot?

sonicmj1

Trump turning his back on the party establishment made me think of how he was setting up his ground game back in June.

CNN said:
Trump is signaling to the Republican National Committee and state parties that he will rely on them to take the lead in organizing key toss up states.
"I'll say that as far as building the infrastructure of a campaign, the RNC has been doing it for many years," Trump said at a news conference late last month in North Dakota. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus "has really upped it, and all over the country, they have very good people. And part of the benefit is we get to use those people."

What will happen to that operation if he fights the RNC?

TyrantII

Just wondering, when someone says "we need a strong conservative party and a strong liberal party to keep in check," what positive things in this country has a conservative government done?

I'm drawing a blank at something conservatives can claim as a win that wouldn't have just been better with the liberal solution.

The liberals had their time in the forrest too. The late 70s were full of bad policy ideas from liberals, and an inability to adapt and meet the challanges. The party suffered for it.

Some of them are still around, and supporting Stien. Progressives got smarter, and supported more fact driven policy as a result. They have better arguments and they have rational solutions to current problems.

That's the political cycle for ya.

Source, please.

Twitter egg:

@Morten15
@nickconfessore but the NYT verified his taxes with his accountant. What was done in that regard for the emails? esp. if there are fake ones

NYT reporter:

@nickconfessore
@Morten15 Good point. We have campaign every chance to point out errors or provide originals to compare against. They declined.

So no, the New York Times certainly is not.

we didn't get any hecklers at OSU, aside from maybe 15 trump supporters (the gathering of the cucks, as i call them) who were completely ineffectual and also halfway across the south oval

they were still standing there 3-4 hours later when i was trying to get to my friend who was doing bag check, one of them said something along the lines of "we built a wall, bro, we're gonna keep people out" while another friend of mine walked over the rope line literally right next to him. funny as shit to see

Also, if we're talking about veracity, how about context?

Shot:

@Tom_Winter
NEW: Hacked e-mails from Wikileaks appear to show Clinton campaign spokesman in touch with DOJ officials regarding e-mail litigation:

CufibKZWEAE6-kw.jpg:large

Chaser:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/10/trump-clinton-wikileaks-doj-229615

"Sounds like the type of communication I would routinely have with the [Republican National Committee] when I worked at the White House: giving them a status update," said Richard Painter, a former White House ethics lawyer under President George W. Bush.

Painter also said it would be appropriate for Justice Department lawyers to advise Clinton's aides or lawyers of what position the government was taking on FOIA requests for her emails.

"Mrs. Clinton's office is certainly entitled to know what the U.S. is going to do in these [FOIA] cases to the extent the government is willing to share that," said the former government ethics lawyer, now a law professor at the University of Minnesota. "I don’t think the fact that a former official is running for office changes that a lot. You do need to be somewhat careful that you are not engaged in advocacy or trying to coordinate with a political campaign a strategy for litigation or something like that."

Shot 2:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/wikileaks-email-hack-clinton-donna-brazile-229609

Interim Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile shared with the Hillary Clinton campaign a question Clinton would be asked at a CNN Town Hall in March, hacked emails posted by WikiLeaks reveal.

The day before CNN's planned town hall on March 13 with Clinton, Brazile, who was then a CNN contributor and DNC vice chair, sent Clinton Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri an email saying "From time to time I get the questions in advance."

Chaser 2:

@nickconfessore
FWIW, I am told by a Democratic official that the Brazile e-mail referred to pre-interview questions for a CNN appearance, not the forum.

How about we actually look for the context and being fucking journalists?

Ryuuroden

Well if I recall correctly nixon created the EPA and eisenhower expanded social services and created the interstate highway systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom