• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Serious question: would it be a good political move for Clinton to tour Hurricane damage with the President or should she avoid it completely?

Wilsongt

Caroline Guliani, daughter of Satan, endorses Hillary.

Amazing, lol.

Hazmat

Serious question: would it be a good political move for Clinton to tour Hurricane damage with the President or should she avoid it completely?

I imagine she won't be invited. It's transparently political on top of being the wrong thing to do.

Nah, I would avoid it. Let the President do his job. Hillary should visit though, but after things settle a bit.

Hilary should certainly visit at some point not only because of optics because she might be dealing with some of the fallout from this heading into her presidency.

Since Trump obviously still believes that the Central Park 5 are guilty, it cannot be said he is lying or even misleading. But he is undoubtedly holding steadfast to an opinion in the face of DNA evidence to the contrary and the fact that the Central Park 5 have been exonerated by the legal system.
Huh. Okay...

No wonder your country is a mess.

It's funny. Trump doesn't admit guilt in discrimination case. Settles. Therefore no wrong was done. These then boys admit guilt. Exonerated. City settles. Clearly still guilty.

Retro

Speaking of Christine O'Donnell, this is a few weeks old but you guys might get a laugh;

DOVER, Del. (AP) — Former GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell and her campaign committee violated federal campaign finance laws by using campaign contributions to pay her rent, a federal judge has ruled.

The judge’s ruling, dated Wednesday, came in a lawsuit filed by the Federal Election Commission.

The FEC claimed that O'Donnell improperly used at least $20,000 in campaign contributions to pay bills at a Delaware townhouse that also served as her 2010 campaign headquarters.

O’Donnell, who famously declared in the 2010 campaign that she was “not a witch,” has previously denied any wrongdoing and called the lawsuit a “witch hunt.”
What a poor choice of words.​
Stark rejected O'Donnell’s arguments that the campaign finance law violates the First Amendment because it limits the way individuals can spend campaign funds. The judge said a payment for her living space was a payment for a personal expense, not a payment to facilitate political expression.
The FEC sought an order for the defendants to pay a $25,000 civil penalty and O'Donnell to disgorge $5,000. (sauce)
I'm not a witch crook, I'm you! (Stick around for the last 5 seconds, might sound familiar).

Iolo

The gap went from 54,551 requests yesterday to 52,821 today. That's a net gain of 1,730.

So yes they are making up ground. The question is if they will continue to do so.

Is one day a trend now, Nate Silver?

Here's the gap starting 9/19. It's essentially constant.
52374 -- 9/19
52821 -- 10/6

Maybe we can show a trend with another 7-14 days of gaining 2000 per day.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is one day a trend now, Nate Silver?

Here's the gap starting 9/19. It's essentially constant.
52374 -- 9/19
52821 -- 10/6

Maybe we can show a trend with another 7-14 days of gaining 2000 per day.

Adjusted gap, +2 Trump.

I still find it baffling is how Donald's nicknames stick. They're awful nicknames. They're not catchy or clever, they're literally just 'negative adjective' and then the person's name. Crooked Hillary doesn't roll off the tongue at all. Lyin' Ted is slightly better but still not great.
Lyin' Ted is fantastic.

I honestly love the nicknames just because of the ridiculousness. Not something I want repeated in the next election cycle but yeah.

joebruin

Why is Hannity talking about Hillary's underwear. Another scandal brewing? Did Hillary write off her underwear as a business expense? lol

Sean Hannity said:
She can’t -- she can talk about Trump’s taxes all she wants, all Trump has to do is turn to her and say why did you deduct your old underwear? I think that would be impactful. At that point, it’s checkmate. She's trying to do everything she can do to pay less, who is she to lecture him, and all he's doing is following the rules and the laws that people like her, lifetime politicians, set up. And she used it herself. So ridiculous.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
It's these shitty IPSOS state polls that are actually subsets of their national polling.

Oh jesus, so they aren't actual state polls, it's just farming data from a tracking poll to the state level?

HAHAHAHAHA. Fuck me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why is Hannity talking about Hillary's underwear. Another scandal brewing? Did Hillary write off her underwear as a business expense? lol

Trump: $916 million
Hillary: Underwear

In Hannity's mind, that's "checkmate."

Hahahahaha hes talking about Rassssss and and Latimes

What are all these bogus polls?

He has bs polls where he is up in VA Co PA and NH lol

This is basically another rally. His supporters are definitely going to revolt (as long as they aren't all geriatrics) he is convincing them he is ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom