• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
The person who wrote it apparently made a statement saying that quote was a bit out of context and she's Catholic herself. For what it's worth.

I mean, as a Catholic I've DEFINITELY had similar thoughts. But its ridiculous to verbalize them when you're in that position.

I'm not even mad, I'm just annoyed/disappointed; I assumed they'd be better at this.

CumVcIZWcAAJRCO.jpg

Are you serious Paul Ryan? Your CANDIDATE has biased and bigoted views. Get a grip.

This man deserves every bit of shit he's getting from his own kind.

Boke1879

I wonder if the numbers for debate #3 will be in the tank compared to #2 (and definitely #1). I'm sure a lot of people (including me) are tired of watching the fascist cheeto speak and just want to vote already. Knowing this fuck is going to go as low as he can go is just... barf. On the flip side there is always the chance that Clinton will just slaughter his ass and it will all be worth it but idk. I think a lot of people are also pissed off at the questions that have been asked. Unbelievable that we will only get one section on race through three whole debates and not a single question on LGBT+ issues if Wallace's questions are anything to go by.

I can see why Team Trump thinks dragging this election deeper and deeper into the mud will disgust people enough to not vote but it's significantly more likely that most people just can't wait to destroy him. I wish MO had early voting.

edit: I don't think anyone actually cares about these e-mails anymore or even knows that these leaks are still happening. If I didn't browse this thread I would be clueless.

I'd say the next debate gets about 50 million views. If that.

I mean, as a Catholic I've DEFINITELY had similar thoughts. But its ridiculous to verbalize them when you're in that position.

I'm not even mad, I'm just annoyed/disappointed; I assumed they'd be better at this.
Yeah agreed. Like I said, incredibly dumb to talk about stuff like this in an email chain. Of course you have to talk about religion as part of strategy, but, that can get quite sensitive and for that reason, email isn't a good medium for it.

They should not, say Ms. Leeds and Ms. Crooks, whose stories have never been made public before. And their accounts echo those of other women who have previously come forward, like Temple Taggart, a former Miss Utah, who said that Mr. Trump kissed her on the mouth more than once when she was a 21-year-old pageant contestant.

In a phone interview on Tuesday night, a highly agitated Mr. Trump denied every one of the women’s claims.

“None of this ever took place,” said Mr. Trump, who began shouting at The Times reporter who was questioning him. He said that The Times was making up the allegations to hurt him and that he would sue the news organization if it reported them.

“You are a disgusting human being,” he told the reporter as she questioned him about the women’s claims.

Asked whether he had ever done any of the kissing or groping that he had described on the recording, Mr. Trump was once again insistent: “I don’t do it. I don’t do it. It was locker room talk.”

Get fucked, you fucking liar.

Maledict

I really, really dislike this email thing. It's a crime, and personal email not subject to any FOI laws, and yet the press are breathlessly rushing to publish it. It's utterly wrong, and extremely corrosive to democracy.

royalan

I really, really dislike this email thing. It's a crime, and personal email not subject to any FOI laws, and yet the press are breathlessly rushing to publish it. It's utterly wrong, and extremely corrosive to democracy.

This is what I'm thinking.

I think we have to stop to consider how unprecedented the situation the DNC is facing is.

I thought Clinton wasn't Catholic but Methodist?

Either way, I find it amusing that the two liberal Candidates are both Christians(And extremely pious for Kaine) vs Atheist, Amoral Trump and Bigot Pence.

Boke1879

Honestly. They have to report on it. It's public now and it's their job.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
"This is locker room assault, it happened 10 years ago, its not a big deal. There are people cutting heads off..."

So, November 9th.

Trump loses decisively. But refuses to concede. He insists that "there's something going on", that Hillary stole the W from him just like she did from Bernie, and calls for revolution (incidentally, just like he did after Romney lost).

Now, the news media will laugh and this and call it dangerous. Democrats do the same. I am sure some republicans will. But, do all of them? How many decide that isolating Trump is the right thing to do, and how many decide that they're unwilling to be labeled a co-conspirator with Hillary and get primaried two years down the road? Will Pence concede for Trump, and if so, what consequences will apply.

It's hard to see how the standard approach of labeling the loser the loser, isolating them, and forging a new path will apply here. Trump will not go quietly. He is VERY CLEARLY signaling his willingness to push them blame on Republicans for failing to support him. And the lengths with which he has gone to satisfy the base is on an entirely different level than it was for previous nominees.

It's really easy to see Trump holding on to a lot of power after the election, and it's not clear to be what the GOP can do about it. This is going to be 2009/2010 Palin on some kind of incredible super-steroids.

I think some of his comments lately are to drum up his base against the GOP because he's mad he's losing, and it's sinking in. He's already butthurt and will continue stoking the fire, but I'm starting to think he'll just disappear Nov 9, staying out of the public eye for a while, going back to his life as he's said a couple times now. I could be dead wrong though.

Squire

Banned
People just dont care about the emails anymore. If they wanted people to care they shouldn't have harping about them for what 2 years now? The average voter is probably bored of them by now.

Even more than this though, (I think it was on Hardball that someone made this point), the vast majority of the emails are inside baseball material that no one but actual politicians, pundits, and politics fans can make anything out of. None of this is stuff that can really disseminate into the mainstream.

Trump's audience especially can't parse this shit lol

tmarg

I dont care if it exists or not, but no outlet reported the existence of whitey tape other than rightwing loony sites. This trump tape has more smoke. And if Trump did use those words - which is not hard to imagine - I want it out. Man is a racist. Michelle Obama calling someone a whitey is patently ridiculous.

The thing is that you are moving the goal post on yourself. Trump is racist as fuck, but if you insist that he's so racist that he must have called someone the N word at some point, and then you can't prove it, then he's obviously not as racist as you say he is.

And frankly this idea that white racists just can't help themselves when it comes to the N word is absurd, the vast majority of racists I've met don't use it.

There is no advantage to talking about the possibility of a tape without actually having it in hand.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, I have the worst timing leaving my headphones at home. So want to see that new Kellyanne clip.

Trump arguing that Hillary shouldn't be president because Bill Clinton was accused of sexual assault while Trump simultaneously has to deny dozens of sexual assault accusations and at least two rape charges is probably the boldest strategy I've ever seen.

The thing about the emails is that most people this goes right over their heads. Even if something new is in there, people hear "Clinton" and "emails" and it's her private server. So, literally, unless we find an email in which Hillary admits to having done in Harambe with a banker from Wall Street, then.....meh. Plus they're boring.

I will say, the media has been better about admitting none of these have been verified and tying it back to Russia.

The thing about the emails is that most people this goes right over their heads. Even if something new is in there, people hear "Clinton" and "emails" and it's her private server. So, literally, unless we find an email in which Hillary admits to having done in Harambe with a banker from Wall Street, then.....meh. Plus they're boring.

I will say, the media has been better about admitting none of these have been verified and tying it back to Russia.

Well it's just so out of proportion, some random campaign person says something off color about Catholics ain't going to deflect GRAB THEM IN THE PUSSY.

Trump next five rallies will probably be him screaming at the New York Times and these women so I guess that Paul Ryan doesn't have aggro on him anymore.

... Not sure he will take solace in that.

Joe

Former nuclear launch officer says Trump can't be trusted with nuclear weapons and possibly more importantly: there is no legal way for Congress to veto a bad or ill-informed nuclear missile launch by a president.

Under the Constitution, no one could veto a bad call by a President Trump. The 90 launch officers who are always on duty in the Great Plains, along with their counterparts in submarines patrolling the oceans, would have no choice but to execute the most morally reprehensible order ever issued in the history of warfare.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/opinion/trump-and-the-nuclear-keys.html?smid=tw-share&referer=

Former nuclear launch officer says Trump can't be trusted with nuclear weapons and possibly more importantly: there is no legal way for Congress to veto a bad or ill-informed nuclear missile launch by a president.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/opinion/trump-and-the-nuclear-keys.html?smid=tw-share&referer=

Control of nukes going from the president to a counsel that the president nominates and congress approves (along with a no first strike policy) should really be amended to the constitution.

Trump arguing that Hillary shouldn't be president because Bill Clinton was accused of sexual assault while Trump simultaneously has to deny dozens of sexual assault accusations and at least two rape charges is probably the boldest strategy I've ever seen.

Did Trump ever marry someone accused of sexual assault? Checkmate liberal media.

Ashodin

The thing is they are trying to equate talking about literal sexual assault to just being lewd comments. NO. There is a difference.

I equate Donald Trump to the last remnants of white male privilege neo-conservatism going kicking and screaming into the night that life is unfair to them when it's so clear it's the opposite. Other people coming up and they feel threatened they will get persecuted

Shit son we just tryin' to make a life here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom