• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
13th is really hard to watch but an absolutely worthwhile documentary. I broke down seeing the footage of so many being slain. God, I really hope things get better. I try to do my part by informing my circle and social media about the issues presented in the documentary.

Even then, I still have friends who tell me BLM encourages violence against police. I get so frustrated. even after I explain to them what it is all about and that it is for good.
😢

Really, talking about race seems to make them uncomfortable, and I don't know if it is proper to mention this, but the ones who deflect and say otherwise are white. I try really hard, but it is really difficult I guess for them to realize racism is as alive as ever in this country, and that minorities, particularly black communities have an uphill battle in regards to law, justice, social interactions and so on.

Their way of thinking seems to indicate that people (blacks, any minority) just want to make victims of themselves. That it's completely their fault and not a result of institutionalized racism. That they want to be separated from their families, lose years of their lives, or even flat out die because of having some fucking MJ, lack of cooperation, even when video evidence of a cop being aggressive shows otherwise and such. It's like these people seem to have no empathy, no want to understand. It's quite frankly so disappointing, and I live in a relatively safe, liberal (with a few spots here and there) area too.

Finally, seeing that Trump law and order montage intermixed with footage from the past fucking terrified me. I am so happy he's losing badly right now.

*Sorry that this post comes off as a bit ranty, just damn.

One good thing is very few women will simply allow Trump to get away with his sexual assault bullshit, anymore.

Women will recoil in his presence. As all people should.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Guess that's part of the oppo research (nytimes article).

Probably not this.

Something like 90% of the nation heard about the Access Hollywood tape.

It's more likely these are just people that came forward after hearing about it.

It seems pretty deniable actually. "He denies it right in the article! I believe him! Innocent until proven guilty!"

They unfortunately have so much coverage on this one.

The problem with is that we have Trump on tape saying he likes to do the things he's now being accused of. It's not gonna go away easily at all. (and this could lead to more women coming forward)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Control of nukes going from the president to a counsel that the president nominates and congress approves (along with a no first strike policy) should really be amended to the constitution.

Decision time for a retaliatory nuclear strike would literally be just a few minutes. A council may not achieve consensus on that short of time.

Give me these leaks:

"I'm sick of all of the *******, they need to go back to Africa where they belong, and take Obama with them"
"How stupid can people in the coal industry be? Those jobs won't be worth anything anyway"
"[Definitive evidence of him sexually assaulting someone]"
"White voters are the stupidest people, they'll believe anything I say"
"I can't wait to use nukes"

Boke1879

Probably not this.

Something like 90% of the nation heard about the Access Hollywood tape.

It's more likely these are just people that came forward after hearing about it.

Probably not, but the timing fits.

also. this

Brian Stelter
@brianstelter
Donald Trump verbally threatened to sue the @nytimes if it published this story:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/786338158090842112

If this gets any play. Trump is going to talk about this himself putting even more eyes on it.

The problem with is that we have Trump on tape saying he likes to do the things he's now being accused of. It's not gonna go away easily at all. (and this could lead to more women coming forward)

Let me preface this by saying I truly hope you're right.

However, I think it would be very easy for scum that already is defending him to take the opposite opinion that these accounts were received after the video and thus may have been influenced by it.

It's gross and perpetuates the worst attitudes about the victims of sexual assault but remember, we've already had a US congressman openly wonder if what Trump described was even assault anyway.

I switched away from CNN back at 5:50 because I can't stand Jerry Falwell Jr. Is anyone watching it? Is his justification as terrible as I expect?

aaaaa0

Control of nukes going from the president to a counsel that the president nominates and congress approves (along with a no first strike policy) should really be amended to the constitution.

The principle of nuclear deterrence relies on the US being able to launch its nukes in response to a detected launch from its opponent. If the US hesitates, then it likely loses the ability to respond, because its command and control systems will have been crippled rendering it unable to retaliate.

Including launch detection and verification time, the president has around 6 minutes to make the decision whether or not to retaliate.

There is probably no way to convene a council that can have a meaningful debate on whether or not to launch a retaliation in that time window.

CrazyDude

The principle of nuclear deterrence relies on the US being able to launch its nukes in response to a detected launch from its opponent. If the US hesitates, then it likely loses the ability to respond, because its command and control systems will have been crippled rendering it unable to retaliate.

Including launch detection and verification time, the president has around 6 minutes to make the decision whether or not to retaliate.

There is probably no way to convene a council that can have a meaningful debate on whether or not to launch a retaliation in that time window.

Yup, if we were to go through a council or/and Congress, our ability to retaliate would be gone before the first council member put their shoes on.

WHO DOES TRUMP THINK HE'S RUNNING AGAINST

Isnt Steve Bannon the guy who raped his wife and then also pulled his kids from a school because there were Jewish people in it. Or is that a different top Trump person?

Gezus. They think he's running against Bill and that people care. And it's not even the Clinton campaign who are coming out with the revelations, it's the media.

Ugh I know its not right, but I do wish the Clinton camp would do counter programming with all of Trump's accusers.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Isnt Steve Bannon the guy who raped his wife and then also pulled his kids from a school because there were Jewish people in it. Or is that a different top Trump person?

Haven't heard the raping his wife part, but yeah, to the other.

It's also the stupidest fucking thing in the world to do. It will completely come off as desperate and entirely made up. It's laughable. I mean, it would be if it wasn't disgusting and had the potential to harm wo/men who come forward about sexual abuse.

Cyanity

Banned
Meanwhile, in the real world, more and more women are coming out and accusing Trump of actual sexual assault.

edit - I mean, Trump must be the stupidest person ever to run for President. It's like he thinks "Maybe if I drag out enough Bill Clinton rape accusers, the women coming out and accusing me of the same thing will look less legitimate!" Meanwhile he's not even fucking running against Bill Clinton, so HRC's campaign can very easily interview and relay all of the awful stories that are just now coming out of the woodwork about Trump's serial philandry.

Grief.exe

WHO DOES TRUMP THINK HE'S RUNNING AGAINST

@JoshuaGreen
SCOOP: Trump campaign going nuclear. Will soon roll out new accusers. "We're going to turn him into Bill Cosby," vows Bannon. @bw story soon

It's happening tomorrow on Sean Hannity.

On Thursday night, the Trump campaign will begin a new media blitz, his advisers say, with Broaddrick, Willey, and Jones appearing together on a one-hour Fox News special hosted by Sean Hannity. Additional interviews will follow.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...k-to-the-future-focus-on-bill-clinton-s-women

jOK9KaA.png

Joeytj

Banned

Ugh I know its not right, but I do wish the Clinton camp would do counter programming with all of Trump's accusers.

No, there's no evidence that Trump trotting out the Clinton accusers is doing any good for them or damage to her. But I do hope the campaign doesn't ignore it. They should at least do some serious research to see if it's having some effect.

Hmm.

@TheRickWilson (quoting the NYT story of two women coming forward):

Is it any surprise? People like Donald are serial assaulter. Think they're gods. Like Cosby and Ailes.

I don't know how many women will come forward, but 100% I am convinced there are numerous women who have had this done to them. No doubt in my mind. He is a predator, this is not a once or twice off-shoot.

mo60

It's also the stupidest fucking thing in the world to do. It will completely come off as desperate and entirely made up. It's laughable. I mean, it would be if it wasn't disgusting and had the potential to harm wo/men who come forward about sexual abuse.

Yeah.What trump's camapign is planning is disgusting and it will most likely backfire on them really badly.

Boke1879

No. Hillary shouldn't be directly tied to the Trump accusers coming forward. This could have been oppo, but the media published the story even if Clinton camp had a hand in it. If they link themselves to this then you get your "both sides" narrative for this.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is there any polling about how women feel about Bill's conduct and if that's effected Hillary in any way?

I mean, this is a stupid fucking tactic, but back in 2012, Romney/Ryan tried to attack Obama as the one who wanted to cut medicare, and that actually seemed to work to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom