• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

All 100% thanks to the GOP's 40+ year quest to shit on everyone not white and male. This is the culmination.

It will be dangerous on election day and of course afterwards if Trump loses.

I am white & male. They have been doing a pretty good job of shitting on me as well. Plus the planet we all share. I mean how stupid do you have to be to vote against the planet we live on? Pretty damn stupid.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Republican party. As a country we have stuff we need to do. We cant have these guys holding us back any more. As a party it needs to just die off, it has no redeeming qualities at all.

User1608

Banned
The Republican Party must be brought to heel.

They can't continue to be regarded as a legitimate governing party after this.

As hard as Dems are going now, we need to quadrupole the effort once this election is over. To do less is an insult to our Democracy.
Indeed. I really appreciate what a sane party we have in them. The Democrats aren't perfect but they're decent-good in general and it makes me happy they have people who genuinely want to govern and help the country. The contrast between these two parties is insane this year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Another sad thing is, I think we would all like to actually know if Bill Clinton raped somebody. Like, that's actually important for his own legacy and how we construct the roles and freedoms of powerful men. Granted, barring a confession, there wasn't going to be a conclusion to Broaddrick's case. But now? It's a Trumpian conspiracy theory.

Trouble

Banned
Wow, AJ Delgado is being trash right now. Says you can't believe these women because they didn't report it at the time.

Edit: then of course Jill Harth's lawyer comes on and says Harth complained right as it happen, so she hopes that satisfies the Trump campaign.

Delgado has been a terrible person for at least this entire campaign. I didn't know who she was before that, but I'd guess she was terrible back then too.

Loxley

what better way to reach out to hillary voters and young women than a one hour show on Fox News with Sean Hannity.

They aren't just offensive-they're really stupid to boot.

This is no longer about winning the election for Trump. At this point it's about just preaching to the choir. Trump lost any chance he had at getting the majority of female voters a long time ago, this most recent scandal just re-cemented it. It's so blatantly clear (laughably so, in fact) that this sudden obsession with Bill Clinton's accusers is nothing more than a knee-jerk, desperate reaction to the leaked Access Hollywood footage and the profoundly negative affect it's had on his campaign. Nobody outside his most devoted followers believes for a second he gives a rat's ass about these women. It's the definition of a Hail Mary political stunt.

Thing is, right now he has about 40% of the country eating out of the palm of his hand. If he can ingrain into that 40% that Hillary and Bill are literally the two worst people to have ever existed, then even after he's lost the election he can take some solace in the fact that he has turned a sizable chunk of the country against the woman (<-- important detail) who beat him before she even enters office.

I am white & male. They have been doing a pretty good job of shitting on me as well. Plus the planet we all share. I mean how stupid do you have to be to vote against the planet we live on? Pretty damn stupid.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Republican party. As a country we have stuff we need to do. We cant have these guys holding us back any more. As a party it needs to just die off, it has no redeeming qualities at all.

Yeah, I guess I can say they've emphasized shitting on minorities. But of course their policies in general fuck everyone over. Especially the environment as you stated. Healthcare, etc.

As shameful as the state of the Trump campaign is now, I am excited because it accelerates the end of the GOP. Of course there will be fallout from the massively racist/sexist ~35-40% of the base, but it's a band-aid that needs to be ripped away as soon as possible. Allow the other ~65% to hopefully rebound in the future and build a socially progressive but otherwise differing party to the Dems.

You'd think in some ways, the Libertarian party could be a good life-raft for these people. Even though I know that party has social policy issues too.... among others.

Iolo

Ok, but emails

TvgEl45.jpg

Ooh, there must be really good stuff coming out tomorrow and Friday if soooo many outlets are trying to get their foot in the door for scoops on a Wednesday. Get their clicks in while they can and all.
This was the key passage for me, though I'm going to explain myself poorly I'm sure.
Dominic Detwiler, 18, from Lancaster, Ohio, was a Sanders supporter who is deciding between Clinton and the Green Party's Jill Stein — but not because he's contemplating Bill Clinton's treatment of women. "I'm over the whole Monica Lewinsky thing," he said of the White House intern at the center of the 42nd president's 1998 impeachment. "I mean, would I have divorced him if he'd done that to me? Sure. But that wasn't my decision; it was Hillary's."
That's the part of the formula the Trump people aren't getting. That, gasp, a woman has her own right to determine the future of her marriage and family. That, gasp, women have a right to self-determination. Being told what to think isn't how you attract voters, especially when it's a crew of serial misogynists doing so.

Trump's campaign is mostly run by Donald, Ailes, Bannon, Guliani, and possibly Gingrich (sorry, but it appears that Conway is the PR side of things even though she is more than qualified to run a campaign) and it is no surprise their approach in this final month is to do what they're doing.

Privileged white men who think of women as objects..

Boke1879

Ooh, there must be really good stuff coming out tomorrow and Friday if soooo many outlets are trying to get their foot in the door for scoops on a Wednesday. Get their clicks in while they can and all.
This was the key passage for me, though I'm going to explain myself poorly I'm sure.
That's the part of the formula the Trump people aren't getting. That, gasp, a woman has her own right to determine the future of her marriage and family. That, gasp, women have a right to self-determination. Being told what to think isn't how you attract voters, especially when it's a crew of serial misogynists doing so.

Like I said. This doesn't even seem like an oppo dump. Just seems like the media naturally digging after that first tape got leaked. That was always a natural response. Media has probably been combing over every public tape, All interviews and even reaching out to the women themselves.

Something could drop tomorrow as well, but this will be the narrative heading into the weekend. This will most likely be on your daytime talk shows tomorrow and your nightly news segments.

The pattern of behavior is well established. I didn't think I'd be this close to unplugging from this election until it's over. The absurdity of this farce of a candidate and hearing human beings on TV defending someone with that low of character, who thinks so little of other people to just take what he wants from them like they're there for his pleasure... it's egregious.

teiresias

I don't even get how this strategy has any semblance of sense anyway.

So you're going to try and shame Hillary on the charge of her staying with someone as horrible as Bill Clinton because of his behavior towards women . . . ok, what does that say about whether people should vote for Trump due to his behavior towards women? It's completely nonsensical.

kayleigh is arguing for IMPLIED CONSENT

Yep. Because he says they let him do these things it is no longer sexual assault. This is the very definition rape culture. This country is so disappointing

Edit: Bannon is a far right dream going after Clinton like this.

O'Reilly just admitted he thinks Hillary is going to win the election.

ouch.

Flip side, he said every day is a bad day for Hillary with wikileaks! maybe he should put on CNN???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom