• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It finally happened right?

As we thought Trump's shit was shutting down because of his increasing irrelevancy as a candidate, this oppo drops.

WTF

Makai

https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/786310513177141248
here's what the electoral map would look like if we had four political parties none of which won two adjacent states

CumJPSdUEAAm4Kf.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's a metaphor for sin and it's talking about judgment. The "holier than thou" person is removing a speck from another's eye while ignoring the log in his own. Meaning, dude has enough sin in his own life to deal with (orders of magnitude more, even) and he needs to leave the other person well enough alone.

Not quite sure if this is sarcasm, but it's a Christian figure of speech. One line from Christ in the bible is "Don't decry the speck in your neighbor's eye without first noticing the log in your own", or something like that.

I get it but HOW DO YOU HAVE A LOG IN YOUR EYE

Loxley

Any bets Trump is stupid enough to tweetstorm about the NYTimes tonight?

I'd be shocked if he didn't. The man cannot function without Twitter. In fact I'm not sure he's had a single thought in the last eight years that he hasn't instantly turned into a Tweet.

jonjonaug

Does anyone know why the fuck the whack jobs on my wall are claiming wikileaks proves Clinton doesn't support gay marriage? I've seen literally nothing, and I don't want to engage them on this nonsense.

Poor reading comprehension in an e-mail talking about DOMA. http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-secretly-opposes-equality/#

I get it but HOW DO YOU HAVE A LOG IN YOUR EYE

It's a figure of speech, it doesn't have to be literal. It's in chapter 6 of Luke and chapter 7 of Matthew if you want the context.

Clinton campaign put out a statement after the tapes. If the story is worth it, it'll stick and it won't matter. The statement is very short and doesn't exactly ruffle any feathers. Other than the batshit insane people, of course.

pigeon

Banned
Clinton campaign shouldn't have responded to this. Just let it play out. As much as I believe these reports nothing is confirmed and people could say the same thing about the Bill accusations.

Trump already admitted on tape that he gropes women all the time. Remember?

Fucking hell
Las Vegas (CNN)John Podesta's Twitter account was hacked on Wednesday, according to a campaign spokesman, prompting the campaign to inform the social media site of the breach.
The hack comes in the midst of the ongoing release of Podesta's emails, which was stolen and are now being released by Wikileaks. The emails have been embarrassing for the Clinton campaign, bringing internal machinations of the campaign -- and some off-color comments -- into the public.
On Wednesday, as Clinton landed in Las Vegas, Podesta's seemingly tweeted, "I've switched teams. Vote Trump 2016. Hi pol."

teiresias

Frankly, as horrible as this is, I think the American public has shown that unless someone is caught on tape doing something, it's harder for them, in aggregate, to care all that much - which is why the previous tape was and still is a big deal. Accusations, as sickening as it is that this is the case, are open to PR push-back in a way that video is not.

HylianTom

Banned
Maddow says she has brand new data on the race coming up (data that hasn't been seen anywhere else, she says). Some of this info is specific to one state, and some is nationwide.

===

Meanwhile..

@RobertCosta:
NEWS: Trump tonight is considering litigation against news organizations, per two people close to him

Frankly, as horrible as this is, I think the American public has shown that unless someone is caught on tape doing something, it's harder for them, in aggregate, to care all that much - which is why the previous tape was and still is a big deal. Accusations, as sickening as it is that this is the case, are open to PR push-back in a way that video is not.

Uhh, Bill Cosby?

Good thing Trump doesn't have a video talking about sexual assault.

royalan

At this rate, what are the chances that Trump gets hit with charges as soon as the election is called?

I mean, with all the stories of him brushing just up against law, the feds must have SOMETHING on him...

Boke1879

I still think the video with him talking about a 10 year old girl is gross as fuck.

You're right with the accusations to a point. Thing is. Trump just legitimized it by going full on nuclear. Seriously the campaign is going to attack the accusers. That's not going to end well for him at all.

Cyanity

Banned

Accusations convince the base, videos cause people to switch sides. An unfortunate side effect of the instant gratification internet culture.

edit - most people just aren't willing to cross the streams to see what the other side is saying with any measure of objectivity.

Rob and Doug Ford threatened to sue the Toronto/Canada media too!
They never did....although a Toronto Star reporter did sue Rob Ford unless he got an apology.....and Rob Ford actually apologized.........and now that Star reporter covers Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom