• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Clinton and Podesta are once again saying that the scorched earth Trump campaign is gonna turn off voters. They keep saying that. They must be really worried

I worry a bit about it as well but I think Clinton knows the stakes are high so campaign won't let people get complacent.

On another note how dumb must guys like Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz feel? Wtf were they doing instead of digging all this shit up? I mean it isn't hard to find old Howard stern clips lol

Teggy

Wow, Ana Marie Cox almost broke down on MSNBC hearing the story of the young secretary's boyfriend talking to her the day of the incident. Something similar happened to her. It was really powerful.

I think by the end of all this sure Clinton will win but Trump will probably spend a fuck ton of money making it a miserable 4 years for her and her supporters. I'd say I can't wait for the concession speech but who am I kidding, at this rate, Trump is just going to be a whiny little bitch.

Dierce

Clinton and Podesta are once again saying that the scorched earth Trump campaign is gonna turn off voters. They keep saying that. They must be really worried

I dont understand this part, I've heard it to. Are they really worried? Are they being sarcastic or is it somewhere in the middle?

If he sues the nytimes then everything is going to come out as it has to be the truth under perjury of law. What an amateur. Please proceed governor.

Paches

Wow, Ana Marie Cox almost broke down on MSNBC hearing the story of the young secretary's boyfriend talking to her the day of the incident. Something similar happened to her. It was really powerful.

Yes I saw that, very disturbing (the stories) and very strong of her to talk about this.

This feels like a coordinated assault.

He's going to be off balance until nov 8th.

The press has to do their job and be the check and balance institution that the founding fathers intended it to be and that in modern times it has forgotten and failed to do. It's amazing seeing them exercise their rightfully given powers in a modern election, we might not see this again for years or the next asshole republican nominee :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hannity said there is no post-debate polling, no one knows where the polls are.

lmao.

It is amazing to me that I thought the whole "unskewed polling" thing would be the dumbest thing a political party would push during a presidential election.

Now they're ignoring how polling even works.

NBC sat on the original tape leak for almost a week because they were scared.

B-dubs actually pointed out when the tape came out that NBC could have actually broken the law had they released the tape. CA has laws that being in a bus isn't public enough to record someone without consent, and it's not clear enough (and could certainly be fought in court) that Trump wanted to be recorded on the record.

The media should be scared to publish stuff if it's actually illegal. But this? Nowhere close.

He's partly responsible for bringing this brand of campaigning to the forefront back in 2008 by bringing Palin on board, so I have little to no sympathy or respect for the man.

The McCain team didn't know what they were unleashing. Schmidt has pushed against this nuttiness harder than 90% of Republicans since then and even tried to reign in Palin towards the end of '08.

Declaring war on the media doesn't stop them, it pushes them to do more.
You can pick on the media "some" and they let themselves get thrown around during the primaries mostly because Trump meant ratings, but you indeed cannot antagonize forever. Not the entire media, and not in perpetuity. It's clear "they" (major networks and papers) had had enough as of a few weeks ago.
LVzBYVp.png
So... you're telling me Ubisoft is available for running a presidential campaign?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
B-dubs actually pointed out when the tape came out that NBC could have actually broken the law had they released the tape. CA has laws that being in a bus isn't public enough to record someone without consent, and it's not clear enough (and could certainly be fought in court) that Trump wanted to be recorded on the record.

The media should be scared to publish stuff if it's actually illegal. But this? No where close.

Did not realize this--thanks to you (and B-dubs).

Teggy

Interesting btw, Robert Costa said on Rachel that Kellyanne is super anti-Clinton and that's why she has stuck around, and also she was all for pushing the Bill stuff.

Blader

The media should be scared to publish stuff if it's actually illegal. But this? No where close.

NBC was ready to publish the tape on Sunday, they just wanted to edit Billy Bush out first. Which is still kind of scummy, but at least it's not "NBC sat on the tape out of fear of Trump's wrath."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The times has been sued and always gets first amendments cases won.

Sullivan and Nixon.

The Times is very careful when it comes to publishing stuff that could get them sued, their editorial control and standards are usually really good.

Did not realize this--thanks to you (and B-dubs).

I will say I never said I knew for sure, but that it could be something their lawyers were trying to figure out. Expectation of privacy isn't exactly an easy thing to understand. Since then it's come out they wanted to protect Billy, so odds are it was more that.

I said that being in a bus might count as not being in a public place, which would make recording them without their consent illegal. But they were wearing mics, so that might override it and take away the expectation of privacy. I'm not a lawyer, I just know the basics of this law since I deal with it at work. (In NY for example so long as you're part of the conversation you can record away with 0 fear)

Boke1879

Interesting btw, Robert Costa said on Rachel that Kellyanne is super anti-Clinton and that's why she has stuck around, and also she was all for pushing the Bill stuff.

Well she can go down with this ship too then. Funny how this plan of attack isn't working at the time the media is just done with these surrogates.

I think by the end of all this sure Clinton will win but Trump will probably spend a fuck ton of money making it a miserable 4 years for her and her supporters. I'd say I can't wait for the concession speech but who am I kidding, at this rate, Trump is just going to be a whiny little bitch.

Honestly it's only a matter of time before a whole bunch of charges are brought against Trump. The Trump U case, Trump Foundation, and other various shit.

Teggy

NBC was ready to publish the tape on Sunday, they just wanted to edit Billy Bush out first. Which is still kind of scummy, but at least it's not "NBC sat on the tape out of fear of Trump's wrath."

I had heard about this - I wonder how they were planning on doing this? They would have to completely cut him out, which would make the conversation sound really weird, and maybe that's why they didn't do it.

I dont understand this part, I've heard it to. Are they really worried? Are they being sarcastic or is it somewhere in the middle?

I don't think they're worried--she could certainly be leading beyond any practical turnout scenario--but low turnout sucks and is bad for the country and downballot. So they will always encourage turnout and speak out against attempts to depress voting.

Honestly it's only a matter of time before a whole bunch of charges are brought against Trump. The Trump U case, Trump Foundation, and other various shit.
Trump could have lived another 5 or so rich and fat years before dying of a heart attack or overdose but running for President has exposed every dirty thing about him and will likely cost him his businesses.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Quick dumb question Poligaf. So I saw a facebook buzz video of a bunch of women protesting the GOP demanding they unendorsed Trump, and I am actually very curious how that works?

Does the republican party's endorsement exist as a whole? Or is it basically consistent of each persons individual endorsement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom