• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Quick dumb question Poligaf. So I saw a facebook buzz video of a bunch of women protesting the GOP demanding they unendorsed Trump, and I am actually very curious how that works?

Does the republican party's endorsement exist as a whole? Or is it basically consistent of each persons individual endorsement?

There's no such thing as an official party endorsement, aside from the nomination itself of course. I assume they were targeting individuals.

Iolo

Quick dumb question Poligaf. So I saw a facebook buzz video of a bunch of women protesting the GOP demanding they unendorsed Trump, and I am actually very curious how that works?

Does the republican party's endorsement exist as a whole? Or is it basically consistent of each persons individual endorsement?

Individual. The party endorsement is the fact that he is the nominee. Unendorsing him at the party level without him stepping down, if such a thing is even possible, would be unprecedented and catastrophic.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Corey is Bib Fortuna?

Sure, why not. I just want another excuse to post this:

q9lFFx5.gif

Literally 5 minutes before this broke, Boehner was on Fox News saying that this story couldn't get any worse. Hahahahaha.

God does have a sense of humor, doesn't she?

Ithil

So their strategy is supposedly to go ugly and burn down Clinton.

So naturally Trump has spent the days after the debate instead feuding with his own party leadership and now a newspaper, while Clinton basically has free reign to campaign as she pleases while he's not paying attention.

The Times is very careful when it comes to publishing stuff that could get them sued, their editorial control and standards are usually really good.

I will say I never said I knew for sure, but that it could be something their lawyers were trying to figure out. Expectation of privacy isn't exactly an easy thing to understand. Since then it's come out they wanted to protect Billy, so odds are it was more that.

I said that being in a bus might count as not being in a public place, which would make recording them without their consent illegal. But they were wearing mics, so that might override it and take away the expectation of privacy. I'm not a lawyer, I just know the basics of this law since I deal with it at work. (In NY for example so long as you're part of the conversation you can record away with 0 fear)

Right, it's not certain, but it's more than something NBC could Google and walk away from.

There's no such thing as an official party endorsement, aside from the nomination itself of course. I assume they were targeting individuals.

Though, I will say that Pubis letting RNC members do as they please sent a message that crossed beyond just an individual statement. Pubis doing that was on behalf of the party, not just his personal beliefs.

SexyFish

Banned
Another account: People Magazine airing on Last Word.

Trump slammed his tongue down a reporter's throat and his butler came in, told them that Melania was going to be down.

I wonder if they can fit a Trumplike figure in between RotJ and TFA.

I mean, Kylo Ren is basically an alt-right neo-fascist.

It's just that he is more similar to the European far-right than Trump.

Trump is kind of weird in that he's so old compared to young fascists in Sweden, Austria, Denmark, etc.

Strimei

I'm listening to the Keepin' it 1600 podcast out today and I threw my head back and laughed when they said at the start that they hope that no news breaks as they're recording.

Good lord everything today...

I can't believe ( I can I just don't want to) he thought he was so above it that he could sexually assault a reporter and no one would care.

Honestly, I don't think he even thinks about it. He just goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom