• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wtf. It's (((Vox))) and we all know (((Ezra))) and (((Big Media Matt))) are in the tank for Hillary, but seriosuly wtf

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/13/13272920/trump-sexual-assault-natasha-stoynoff

On Wednesday, People magazine journalist Natasha Stoynoff alleged that Trump tried to forcibly kiss her while she was on assignment. She wrote that Trump brought her into a room, shut the door, “and within seconds, he was pushing me against the wall, and forcing his tongue down my throat.”

On Thursday, Trump said it wasn’t true. “Look at her,” Trump said during a speech. “Look at her words. You tell me what you think. I don't think so.”

BiggNife

Yo seriously fam how's the House looking
Like I'm obsessed with winning back the House since last Friday FOR SOME REASON

I still remember 2010 like it was yesterday. Redemption. REDEMPTION

dude at this point it's not even clear if we have the senate

Even Sam Wang only has it at a 67% possibility despite Hillary's chances of winning being at 95%

He definitely felt the salt.

Sam and Dean should end this fool already.
Trump should pretty much just put himself into hypersleep and launch himself into space, nobody with any kind of common sense wants anything to do with him at this point. His name is just straight up toxic now. Like you'd rather be seen drinking a glass of bleach than drinking a glass of wine with Trump's name on it.

kevin1025

Banned
Wow, Andre Bauer on CNN is saying he's frustrated with the direction Trump's going. This dude used to deflect and pivot like a madman. Some of the sane people are finally saying they want the issues and not this nightmare.

Holy shit, 1st time I see a surrogate show a hint of humanity.

Brooke to Andre Bauer: "Is your job hard?" (in a sad, sympathetic tone)

The guy looked like he was gonna cry.

Slacker

I yearn for the good old days when Trump just called Mexicans rapists at this point. Did we really just have a presidential candidate of a major political party in the United States of America argue that he couldn't have groped a reporter because she was ugly?

SexyFish

Banned
How did I not know this was a thing.

Trump's Razor

The idea was proposed by writer Josh Marshall on the left-leaning news blog Talking Points Memo. In an article on Trump's choice of vice-presidential running mates, Marshall had suggested "...if I figured out the stupidest possible scenario that could be reconciled with the available facts and went with it, that almost always turned out to be right."

Wiz

CNN has some lowkey great ladies. Angela Rye, Ana Navarro, Briana Keiler. They've been killing it lately.

chefbags

Trump should pretty much just put himself into hypersleep and launch himself into space, nobody with any kind of common sense wants anything to do with him at this point. His name is just straight up toxic now. Like you'd rather be seen drinking a glass of bleach than drinking a glass of wine with Trump's name on it.

Agree to all of that.

Trump (in name and person) to me is literally the epitome of evil.

We're like being tested as human beings against this guy and it's damn near impossible not to fight the good fight against all the things he represents.

Come Nov 8th we'll fuck him up with our votes.

Before the avalanche of scandals, accusations and dangerous quotes balls up even further, I'd like to remind people on the standard conventions of how to name these events.

Suffix -gate = actual thing, actual scandal, actual big deal a la Watergate, as in Pussygate
Suffix -ghazi = bullshit conspiracy a la Benghazi truthers, an in Phlegmghazi.

It's crazy how policy differences and other usual discussion are getting about as much play this election as the coupons you get in your junk mail. Trump's constant fires have sucked all the normalcy out of this election cycle.

I'm worried that every future election will be this descent into a mix of pop culture and social media tribalism.

Joeytj

Banned
Michelle Obama and her speech are catching fire on Twitter. Too bad the initial feed from CNN and MSNBC was so shitty, although the campaign uploaded a great HQ version of it on Facebook and YouTube.

They should just buy a whole 2 minutes worth of space and run the speech's highlights.

Agree to all of that.

Trump (in name and person) to me is literally the epitome of evil.

We're like being tested as human beings against this guy and it's damn near impossible not to fight the good fight against all the things he represents.

Come Nov 8th we'll fuck him up with our votes.
Time to go out and hammer and stake into the heart of Donald Trumpula, the debauched sexual predator that he is.

teiresias

I'm worried that every future election will be this descent into a mix of pop culture and social media tribalism.

I think this will come down entirely to how well establishment GOP members are able to get back control of the party and marginalize the alt-right element, because I'm of the opinion this will only be repeated if a GOP nominee wants to behave in this manner in the future.

kevin1025

Banned
Timothy O'Brien, Trump Nation author on CNN: "Trump's favorite movies are Bond movies, his favorite character is Goldfinger."

I think he roots for the villains and molded himself into being one.

Zukkoyaki

I think this will come down entirely to how well establishment GOP members are able to get back control of the party and marginalize the alt-right element, because I'm of the opinion this will only be repeated if a GOP nominee wants to behave in this manner in the future.
I see a super delegate system coming to the RNC

Maledict

Trump is merely the end product of the monster the GOP has been relying on for decades, growing worse each time around. Without a massive, massive systemic change the party will always end up going down this route because this is what it is. Take it away and there isn't a party left.

I don't get the argument about suppressing the democratic vote, republican i can see

It seems based on the assumption that Hillary is so bad that democrats will stay home. Ironically it's going to hurt republicans more. They have no ground game. There's barely anyone phone banking for Trump. No GOTV machine. Hillary has all that in spades plus key surrogates from the president to Sanders.

It's a disaster to the point of seeming deliberate.

Wilsongt

CNN has some lowkey great ladies. Angela Rye, Ana Navarro, Briana Keiler. They've been killing it lately.

Ana will turn back to being a typical Republican after the election. She is just love right now because she hates Trump and his surrogates.

Why are Trump surrogates still trying to lean on armrest trutherism?

Don't they know that their lives will be defined by this and that they will be dunked on by total strangers every day for the rest of their lives?

Slayven

It seems based on the assumption that Hillary is so bad that democrats will stay home. Ironically it's going to hurt republicans more. They have no ground game. There's barely anyone phone banking for Trump. No GOTV machine. Hillary has all that in spades plus key surrogates from the president to Sanders.

It's a disaster to the point of seeming deliberate.

I mean the couldn't Trump's behavior be movingmore people to vote, they never really talk about that.

jtb

Banned
I know that much of Michelle Obama's appeal stems from the fact that she isn't a politician.

But damn, she would be such a formidable politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom