• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

First off those Florida numbers are insane. No wonder Scott doesn't want to extend the deadline.

Also guys i wouldn't worry too much. Barring any major scandal or Clinton losing her cool in the debate I think we got this.

Donald has to do far more than she does in this debate to turn it around and just showing up and being calm isn't going to cut it. This man had crutch of lowered expectations in the first debate and he fucking blew it.

He held a mock/fake ass townhall in a friendly setting and managed to talk about polls, debate commission and John King. This man has showed more times than not he can't hold it together. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets a question that he feels is attacking him.
"Mr.Trump how will you combat institutional racism and sexism?"

First off those Florida numbers are insane. No wonder Scott doesn't want to extend the deadline.

Also guys i wouldn't worry too much. Barring any major scandal or Clinton losing her cool in the debate I think we got this.

Donald has to do far more than she does in this debate to turn it around and just showing up and being calm isn't going to cut it. This man had crutch of lowered expectations in the first debate and he fucking blew it.

He held a mock/fake ass townhall in a friendly setting and managed to talk about polls, debate commission and John King. This man has showed more times than not he can't hold it together. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets a question that he feels is attacking him.

I stopped worrying a long time ago. He never had a path and there's nothing he can do with less than a month left. I'm saving my bedwetting for 2018 and 2020.

I do appreciate Trump providing a scientific baseline for GOTV effect, if nothing else.

It's so weird thinking about what GOTV would have been like if Lyin' Ted would have won. They actually had their stuff together.

One of the completely unmentioned stories in this election is the Hillary voter. We've had profile after profile of the Trump voter, but so little discussion in the open about why people are voting Hillary. I think there's an assumption it's because Trump is simply unfot for office (which is true), but that doesn't entire explain the way she clocked Sanders over and over in open primaries and doesn't really explain why she's held strong and persistent leads throughout the campaign.

Honestly forget about Trump in the next debate. He's practically a non-issue. Hillary can only lose to herself, or an angry questioner. She'll need to stay composed if someone comes back at her a few times in a tough question.

I wonder if Trump will make someone cry.

I can just imagine him going on some tirade, which causes the person who asks the question to become emotional if it was a sensitive topic.

It's so weird thinking about what GOTV would have been like if Lyin' Ted would have won. They actually had their stuff together.

One of the completely unmentioned stories in this election is the Hillary voter. We've had profile after profile of the Trump voter, but so little discussion in the open about why people are voting Hillary. I think there's an assumption it's because Trump is simply unfot for office (which is true), but that doesn't entire explain the way she clocked Sanders over and over in open primaries and doesn't really explain why she's held strong and persistent leads throughout the campaign.
Because Democrats are corporate shills and part of the machine, maaaaan

Everyone knows that Sanders won every open primary. All of them. Even the ones he lost which were RIGGED FRAUD

He also won the vast majority of caucuses, the most democratic way of holding an election.

Politico polled a hypothetical 2020 primary. because we needed that so badly:
C610_A163_4803_40_ED_A128_27_A98668_F0_B9.jpg
https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Politico_MCPostVPToplines-1.pdf

WARRENMANIA

Don't usually like dragging posts from other threads into this one, but this post was too funny. Someone please tell me this is a copypasta and not sincere.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219387743&postcount=242

Insane nonsense? From a Trump supporter? I'm starting to think their worldview is misaligned with reality.

Regarding the debate questions: I would love a gun control question, but not for the reasons it is probably being suggested by some...

Edit: Very pleased to see the wording of almost every gun control question is about protecting people and not protecting guns.

Don't usually like dragging posts from other threads into this one, but this post was too funny. Someone please tell me this is a copypasta and not sincere.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219387743&postcount=242

I wonder if in his/her alternate reality while typing that up they thought they were going to singlehandedly inspire hordes of Neogaf users to switch to Trump if only they would look at all these things Killary has done! If only they knew! Such delusions of grandeur would seem fitting with conspiracies etc.

http://www.newsweek.com/epileptogenic-pepe-video-507417

Shortly after I wrote an article for Newsweek about how Donald Trump’s business interests could undermine national security should he be elected president, one of his supporters assaulted me. He used the internet to do it.

Throughout my adulthood, I have never made a secret of the fact that I have epilepsy. It’s better controlled now than it has been during other parts of my life, but not completely—my neurologist tells me I have intractable epilepsy, meaning treatment will never bring the condition fully under control. I know how people—particularly children—with seizures suffer when uninformed idiots suggest they should impose limits of their lives or quell their aspirations. So when Fox News blowhard and college dropout Sean Hannity practically drooled in delight this election season as he falsely proclaimed that Hillary Clinton suffered from seizures based on her acting goofy in a short video clip, it infuriated me. I knew how his message would be heard—people with seizures look ridiculous, they should be afraid of others laughing at them, they should listen to the voices telling them they can’t do what they want (even be president). And so I raged at Hannity in the pages of Newsweek, on cable television news shows and on Twitter.

Looking over Hillary's plans:

Like a great deal:

-Infrastructure stimulus
-Amnesty
-Autism plans
-Mental health plans
-LGBT rights
-Disability rights
-Alzheimer's research plans
-Fair tax system

Come off as really naive:

-Criminal justice: Most criminals are violent and we have no idea how to rehab violent criminals as this point, reducing marijuana and crack-cocaine sentences would be good, but America would still be a police state with those reforms. Retraining cops to say "stop shooting black people you assholes" is good though.

Conflicting:

-Gun violence: Most of Hillary's suggestions here are deeply unconstitutional and or would do nothing to prevent gun violence (terror watch list bans, "severe" mental illness gun bans, assault weapon bans, etc), the only good suggestion is to try to stop domestic abusers from having guns.

Needs to be stronger:

-Environmental justice: Hillary is right to care about climate change and getting lead out of America but the amount of money she's proposing to dedicate to these programs is pathetic and needs to be massively expanded if she wins the House and can pass these bills in reconciliation.

Not a fan:

-Universal pre-K: The scientific evidence on this being helpful is not clear in the slightest. Using this money on an expanded EITC would be much better.

I don't know, I'm sick (mildly) and can't get out of bed and wanted to talk about this.

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 47m47 minutes ago
Trump camp cutting ~$1.5M ads in battlegrnd states nxt wk, Per @mmurraypolitics, cuts are in smaller mkts

mass money dump to FL in progress. Hillary's forcing him to spend in a state where he can't afford to keep up.

If Hillary trounces trump at this debate that could be the death blow. We could be looking at her being up 6-7% again in the poll averages in the next couple weeks.

Grief.exe

If Hillary trounces trump at this debate that could be the death blow. We could be looking at her being up 6-7% again in the poll averages in the next couple weeks.

I wonder if we'll see a massive debate fall off like we saw with the VP debate. The undecides went one and done and made their decision after the first debate.

Emarv

These Central Park 5 comments. Trump has a psychological disorder to never ever ever back down. Insanity.

I would love for this to be brought up on Sunday. But man does it feel weird that this election is kind of a referendum on the 90's.

I wonder if we'll see a massive debate fall off like we saw with the VP debate. The undecides went one and done and made their decision after the first debate.

I think there's some room for enthusiasm changes (slight tightening of the polls, more 3rd party falloff) depending on the outcome given a neutral result. I also think there's room for hardening at the +5-ish HRC nationwide if Trump shows up unprepared and performs lousy.

No room for a game changer.

But man does it feel weird that this election is kind of a referendum on the 90's.

One candidate is talking about relevant policy for 2016 but no one seems to care to report on it.

BiggNife

I don't think it's safe to assume a single debate decides the presidency.

If that was true than Romney would've won 2012.

I think the second debate will still have high numbers, but won't match the first debates numbers. The VP debate was just so low because no one cares about the VP choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom